Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2012 13:11:52   
Mother1

@ 8x

I think that would be a bad idea. If this is done it would be no different then when the warlord achievement was up. The staff right now is trying to discourage pay to win with a lot of stuff and adding this idea would be promoting the thing they are trying to discourage. Remember how it was with warlord? It would be that all over again.
Epic  Post #: 201
12/2/2012 13:49:51   
Unknown Menace

^
Ow it's going to happen, no doubt. Read a while back that NW was going to do some art for it. Well technically people don't have to compete against eachother like with the warlord achievment, by topping off the last guy overbidding them like as if it is a auction. So there is no pay to win, just the concept 'pay if you want it so bad' or 'here you deserve this for buying stuff because you actually like them'.
Epic  Post #: 202
12/2/2012 14:08:34   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Whats gonna happen to people who paid bunches for enhancments? Nothing? I couldn't care less. It's helped me get about 8k wins having them. To me, that's worth the pay without any added effects to players who paid. But some players in-game that don't have forums accs wanted me to ask.

On the other hand, I bought 10k points. Im super excited. Omega is looking great. It feels like our devs are able to do anything they desire. And they desire good things for the game. They have made me change my opinion on them to a positive one. I am proud to be a player of Epic Duel. And I'm glad that our devs care.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 12/2/2012 14:22:58 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 203
12/2/2012 15:06:41   
Shadronica

Omega looks most interesting. A good EpicDuel friend asked me to have a look at the changes that are being proposed.

I am glad that the system is being overhauled as it was well overdue.

Freedom of choice with our builds is a most positive aspect whilst still limiting grossly OP builds.

I will have to stick my nose back in to see how this plays out.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 204
12/2/2012 15:19:04   
Oba

quote:

I think that would be a bad idea. If this is done it would be no different then when the warlord achievement was up. The staff right now is trying to discourage pay to win with a lot of stuff and adding this idea would be promoting the thing they are trying to discourage. Remember how it was with warlord? It would be that all over again.

They main problem that players have... "experienced" is the advantage varium players have had in battles, PAY TO WIN, some would say...

Now its being dealt with, so more "varium achievements" would be necessary imo. Paying players should still get something from paying, an achievement or two wont hurt non-paying players.

quote:

Whats gonna happen to people who paid bunches for enhancments? Nothing? I couldn't care less.

Exactly. This will be most interesting to hear about, hopefully this week. If I get skrewed over just the slightest at this aspect, ED will lose yet another player. No question about that.

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/2/2012 15:23:25 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 205
12/2/2012 15:37:18   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Oba
I don't care if we get something from ehnancments. However, i believe it says in the DN's that they are going to tell us what they will be doing with them soon.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 206
12/2/2012 16:53:48   
One Winged Angel1357

If you read what Rabble said on page five you will get something for your bought enhancements

but here is Titan's tweet about it:
quote:

NOTE: We're going to take good care of those players that have upgraded their current weapons as we migrate into Omega.

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 12/2/2012 16:54:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 207
12/2/2012 16:59:50   
goldslayer1

how about any weapon that u have, that has enhancements in it, should be automatically boosted to ur lvl as the compensation for the enhancement loss?
making a weapon into ur lvl is most likely going to cost alot less than what we paid for in enhancements. (which 1700 varium on a 10 or 1200 varium on a 8 enhancement weapon)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 17:00:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 208
12/2/2012 17:20:13   
Oba

As you said, we have paid up to 1700 varium for 10 enhancements on a item. Seeing the picture from DNs, it'll cost 5000 credits (or 500 varium) to upgrade a item in Omega. I do not find that as a good compensation of what we've spent.

Removed quote, there's no need to quote the post directly above you. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 12/3/2012 21:41:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 209
12/2/2012 17:26:00   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

(Please note that the above graphic is still in the testing phase and not finalized. It's simply meant to illustrate this exciting new upgrade feature!)

Taken from the very DNs.. Please read carefully before you assume it's 100% confirmed. <_< >_> Besides that's for buying items if you also look carefully, not upgrading.
AQ Epic  Post #: 210
12/2/2012 17:27:02   
psycho009

we buy varium for an advantage, if they want to please f2p players because of their crying and diminsih the gap like they say, then get rid of varium all together, i really dont care, just refund me for all the varium i spent on enhancements...
Post #: 211
12/2/2012 17:45:47   
Jekyll

...what if i enhanced a weapon which is level 35 already? A varium refund might be the best choice here, but not a full refund. Maybe 75% of the amount spent on enhancements
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 212
12/2/2012 17:56:25   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Jekyll
Not a full refund?!
Why wouldn't it get a full refund?
If I buy something from walmart, and it doesn't work, they don't give you back 75%, they give you back the full price

Although, now I am worried I will have spent nearly 200 dollars for nothing on enhancements

And, although I do not expect to be refunded for everything I have ever spent varium on enhancing, then sold, I do expect something for the items I already have enhanced, and please no putting it to max level, I can do that with credits without paying real cash

On a lighter note, I got 20$ today, so as long as they don't do something that makes me hate this game, I am prepared to buy a lil var to start off Omega with
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
12/2/2012 17:56:40   
Nexus...

quote:

There will be other ways to customize your gear aside from just stats. :)

Only 2 things came to mind when I read this.

1) Enhancement Revamp

2) Ability Customization

I think the picture in the design notes definitely hints at ability customization, which is a feature I have been waiting for since weapons began carrying abilities. Hopefully it will work somewhere along the line of if you have a weapon with an ability, you can apply it to any weapon/armor you like. Obviously there is no official information released on this yet, but I can't really think of other ways to customize gear then enhancements (which we already know is getting an overhaul) and abilities (such as stun, frostbite, curse etc.)

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 214
12/2/2012 17:59:46   
Rayman
Banned

blaze:
quote:

for nothing

Not for nothing, actually the enhancements gived you the power to win alot of battles and maybe helped you alot on the infernal war, So I think that 75% is good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 215
12/2/2012 18:00:48   
Vypie

Jekyll, they are working on the new enhancement system. What they have shown are not enhancements, just customization. You will probably get your weapons somewhat already enhanced, or partially enhanced on the NEW system.

Maybe enhances will give more stats, maybe an increasing assive effect bonus, I dont know... but those who have their current weapons enhanced will probably have the new enhance bonus already upgraded a bit, or something. Well, i'm just speculating..
Epic  Post #: 216
12/2/2012 18:06:56   
Oba

quote:

(Please note that the above graphic is still in the testing phase and not finalized. It's simply meant to illustrate this exciting new upgrade feature!)

Taken from the very DNs.. Please read carefully before you assume it's 100% confirmed. <_< >_> Besides that's for buying items if you also look carefully, not upgrading.

By graphic, I understood it as the design of the upgrade system.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 217
12/2/2012 18:27:14   
Mother1

@ goldslayer1

There are also players who enhanced their weapons with credits as well. also if the weapon is already at the max level that wouldn't be much help at all either.
Epic  Post #: 218
12/2/2012 18:32:22   
goldslayer1

@mother1
no it probably wouldn't, help those. but it may restore some faith in the players that left and stopped buying.

or u can simply give those a voucher (that doesn't take up space) for the future lvls or other items they may want at the time that are lower lvl.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/2/2012 18:33:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 219
12/2/2012 20:33:41   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Rabble Froth wrote:

One goal of Omega *is* to diminish the power gap between F2P and Varium players. We want to shift the gains given by Varium from granting overt power to giving new options and convenience. It can also grant things like cosmetic options, etc that we haven't explored as much in the past. We also don't want Varium players to feel a constant obligation to upgrade just to keep up. Instead, we want you to be excited about the loads of new options that you can play around with.

What this means is that Varium should get you what you want faster, and should grant additional awesome options, strategies, and builds that otherwise might not be available, while still providing awesome stuff to F2P players that you might have to work a little for. In the end, everyone should be better off with these changes.

ED is on a good way. You are now implementing what I suggested about 2 or 3 years ago.
I just hope that the new strategy and build choices for varium players dont lead to a new
power gap.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 12/2/2012 20:41:46 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 220
12/2/2012 20:48:05   
Blaze The Aion Ender

quote:

Not for nothing, actually the enhancements gived you the power to win alot of battles and maybe helped you alot on the infernal war, So I think that 75% is good.

I didn't pay to win, I paid to have enhancements, it appears I might not get what I paid for
I will trust them, after all, Rabble said he would take good care of us
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
12/2/2012 22:40:41   
Stabilis

When Omega releases and everything goes according to plan, I might feel like advertising EpicDuel to people who have not played it before.
AQ Epic  Post #: 222
12/2/2012 23:15:05   
Vypie

I could not agree more, Dvoid.

To be sincere, Epicduel as it has been, is not appealing to a new player, knowing they will have to "pay to win". It's hard to convince someone to play it.

In terms of Aesthetics I see the quality level increasing a lot! But before, it was on the negative side, compared to other games. As an artist, I always contemplate the aesthetics of a game. I value it a lot. And it will get even better from now on!
The animations are still clunky, but they are being worked on and renewed! And Gameplay will get better as well!

Even though it was not very appealing at start, it was FUN! I felt a huge potential, and I haven't left the game since I found it, long time ago.
But advertising it was a bit.. embarrassing, you know. To gamers, this wouldn't be good enough for them to try it over another game.

But that's how it starts. Now Epicduel has grown a lot, and I shall take pride in showing it to others :)
Epic  Post #: 223
12/3/2012 0:47:16   
Nexus...

I would not get your hopes up. Before Gamma was released, there was also a lot of hype. Lets just say that release fell short of its hype because the enhancement prices had remained unannounced and were a real shocker. I wish I could graphically demonstrate this somehow, but I don't think that is possible...

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 224
12/3/2012 1:35:31   
Vypie

I like to think that people learn from their experiences. They really are pushing Epicduel further, making an overhaul, not just adding new stuff.
This is going to be much bigger than Gamma, and things WILL change.

They seem to be thinking this through very carefully. I believe it will go for the better.
Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNs 11/29/2012: Top-Secret Details Revealed! - Omega Previews
Page 9 of 12«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition