Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fusion Damage - Concept

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fusion Damage - Concept
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2012 3:10:21   
goldslayer1

an idea i had to add more variety in builds, is Fusion Damage.
when you read it, it sounds weird i know.
so let me explain what the concept is, Fusion Damage is basically a combination of physical damage and energy damage. so the damage depends on the enemy's defense and resistance.

Fusion vs low def and res = high fusion damage
Fusion vs high def and low res = medium fusion damage
Fusion vs high def and res = low fusion damage

basically the way it would work is instead of the damage varying on defense or resistance alone like it is for physical and energy damage, it will vary on the opponents defense and resistance at the same time.

if balanced properly (meaning its on par with physical and energy weapons) then this could be a possible varium perk in the future?
keep in mind that this is only a concept idea, so i haven't worked out any numbers yet for this.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/3/2012 3:12:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/3/2012 15:55:25   
  Exploding Penguin

Supported, but this could be pretty hard to implement. An interesting concept that I was also thinking of...
It makes sense, but it'd be tricky to balance. The best way I can think of is to make the fusion weapon have the base damage bonus equal to its brethren of the same level. To calculate the damage...that'd be a pain. Balancing something like this would be really hard! Would it make sense to get half of both defense and resistance, add them up, and then use that as the total damage reduction from the initial attack?
This would be a really interesting concept, as sometimes it would benefit you, but not at the same time. It'll pretty much average out all the damage you deal, rather than having it deal sometimes high and sometimes low based off of the opponent's defense/resistance.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/3/2012 16:10:19   
Stabilis

Why not void damage?
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
12/3/2012 16:21:28   
Shadow Slayer 2

Supported.

Maybe there should be a fusion primary/gun/aux. It would take the average of your opponents def/res and should do damage based on that.

e.g. you have a fusion primary: 18-22 + 35. That's about 55dmg. Your opponent has about 28 def and 32 res. The average is 30. So you'll do 25 dmg (55-30).
Post #: 4
12/3/2012 16:40:21   
Vegafire

Supported, although i fear for you's if i get fusion weapons with my build :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/3/2012 17:06:52   
Sgt.Rock

I'll only support it as long as you get a spell for fusion sheild, like defense matrix or something passive.
Post #: 6
12/3/2012 17:35:44   
The Astral Fury

Sgt. rock that's the beauty of the element say your defense is high, but your restiance is low so even though your gun would do little because of his high defense the fusion will make you do more damage because it's also targetting restiance too your you'll do more damage from this. You get what I mean? This is for the purpose to expand and give more unique builds and get some interesting numbers with damage, a fusion shield would ruin the concept.
DF AQW  Post #: 7
12/3/2012 19:38:41   
TRizZzCENTRINO

doesnt this sound like 2 energy and physical weapons combines together? somehow this sounds like it would benefits strength builds greatly if it deals the......let me explain more clearly.

scenario: will deal 100% damage to both stats but will be lowered by DEF and RES
deals 100% physical damage to DEF: 50 total damage - 30-34 DEF = 20-16 damage dealt to opponent
/
i attack with fusion damage gear
\
deals 100% energy damage damage to RES: 50 total damage - 22-27 RES = 28-23 damage dealt to opponent
48-39 final damage dealt.

so if i have a physical primary weapon and i can also deal more damage if the RES of the stats of the opponent is low just sounds OP.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/3/2012 19:42:31 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/3/2012 22:22:08   
SCAR

Not Supported.
Post #: 9
12/4/2012 8:41:09   
goldslayer1

quote:

I'll only support it as long as you get a spell for fusion sheild, like defense matrix or something passive.

why need a new shield when u already have things like defense matrix and energy shield?
fusion damage would only do damage based on YOUR defenses.

@trizz
no, it wouldn't be stronger for str builds than a energy or physical already is.

all this does is allow players with fusion weapons, to do damage based on the enemy's defense AND resistance.
in the end, it should still be the same damage as an energy or physical weapon.

this also helps against 1 sided tank builds, like TECH mages, dex BH, physical armor TLMs.
its just for more variety in builds.

@dragonman
yeah, i see that u get what its suppose to do.
basically if u have really high defense but low resistance, fusion damage will deal more because ur resistance was low.
now if u had an energy weapon vs low resistance it would do more damage. but fusion also takes into account the high defense.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/4/2012 8:45:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/4/2012 16:05:05   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above help with one sided tanks? if you want to defeat them just equip a physical primary and a energy sidearm and aux with infernal android.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/4/2012 16:55:48   
goldslayer1

@trizz
right, excepts this put all damage types, into one.
like i said, its just for more options in builds. more variety. you could do it that way, or you could do it fusion way.

and i dont think i ever met anyone who said there shouldn't be more options in builds...
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Fusion Damage - Concept
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition