Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2012 11:50:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

How would you guys feel about an RP where you guys play rapier-wielding Chevaliers of a Victorian Europian city serving under Lords and Ladies? You can also make bios for the Lords/Ladies.

The objective will be triggered off by the Host(if I choose to host this RP). It will be based on protecting the Masters and proving yourselves to the rival Masters.

The focus of this RP will be exclusivity and elegance. Magic is out of the question. This is purely a Real world Victorian times RP with a conspiracy.

Keeping the focus in mind, spelling mistakes and grammatical errors need to be at a minimum. I might even keep an Invite-Only System where in order to join the RP, one must PM the Host where the Host measures the RPer's worth based on his own personal experience and then decides whether to let the RPer have a spot or not.

In any case, fret not, as most of you might know, I am anything but strict.

So what say?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
12/5/2012 12:19:13   
Marcus Twain

That all sounds quite alright with me my good man. Indubitably.
DF  Post #: 27
12/5/2012 13:08:49   
black knight 1234567

Something taking place in the time of Jack the Ripper?
Tho, that would be too brutal...
Speaking of history, Assassin's Creed.

And i'm fine with that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
12/5/2012 16:09:28   
aroromonroe

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, one thing I've noticed on these forums was a lot of Hack and Slash kind. Sure, they're fun, but why not try something different? In a Sherlock Holmes style RP, one could potentially play Clue through words. That is, Murder/Kidnap mysteries with clues left behind by the host. A set amount of "days" or pages would be required in order to excel. Accusations, witness testimony, reading written body language, like an LA Noise based game but not, cause there'd be no log or "Ding Ding!' Whenever a clue is found. It's based off of your ability to see fine details.

Another idea I had was a PRE-apocolyptic RP. It would be set in the future, probably 3700 or so, with a different world structure. Everything is ran by the "Reformed Government" and their police are called "Enforcers," their lawmakers called "Scribes." Retail stores are ran by robots and a chip implanted in you at birth is required to purchase anything. Everything is on that chip, your checking account, your address, phone number (automatically updated), your next of kin, everything. Backup chips are located throughout the body. Removal is impossible, and EMP's are ineffective. The actual world still needs a lot of ironing out and everything, but, for those of you who have read the Bible's Book of Revelations, there will be real world problems that happen.

That means natural disasters run amuck and how your character tries to survive. Similar to Revelations, it has seven stages, each stage worse than the last.

Eh, like I said, that idea needs some ironing out, but still. Tis an idea.
Post #: 29
12/5/2012 16:13:08   
TJByrum

@Aroromonroe: I like your Sherlock/LANoire idea. Very interesting to me.

I like the idea of Out-of-AE RP's. Never understood that rule to begin with, it limits imagination and creativity. Sure, I know these are AE Boards and all and that's why the rule was in place... but so what? That never really told me anything.

I think we should let the minds of the RPers run rampant through the evergreen fields of imagination, letting them choose when and where the world is and what defines it, rather than having all of that chosen for us.
DF AQW  Post #: 30
12/5/2012 16:27:17   
Legendium

Ya know, if we're doing real life stuff, and lots of people want victorian stuff, we could do king philip's war. (Check you're history)
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 31
12/5/2012 16:40:56   
TJByrum

@Legendium: Yes... yes... yes, yes, yes! I'd love to do something even remotely similar to that. I was tired of the standard fantasy/sci-fi settings we had.
DF AQW  Post #: 32
12/5/2012 16:51:56   
Starstruck

Hi, welcome to the AE boards. These boards are an official part of AE. In addition, everyone here on AE Forums knows about AE games.

The typical setting, AQ/DF/AQW, meshes nicely with traditional fantasy roleplaying. MQ and WF fit in with technological advancement (As a matter of fact, you could probably write a Star Wars RP, take out all mentions of non-AE things, add AE things, tag it WF and it would fly. Nobody's tried it yet, but it would work.) There's just been relatively little need to write an RP in a specific world because of the diversity and relatively lax restrictions on what is AE and what clearly isn't.

My WaWiaPoW vaguely skirted the boundaries by having a new and original continent that was a part of the Lorean planet and characters who had nothing to do with AE, as well as having a differing level of technological advancement (Hint: Suburbs). The world was also a bit more serious than the often whimsical Lore, with all physics and technology working the way they were supposed to, for the most part. The idea behind this is basically so you can have a new 'verse to play with. For instance, the Real World has the most support and enthusiasm right now. Why? I don't...know...

I'm seeing a lot of support for my History idea, though I'm extremely disappointed in you all for not supporting my Dinosaur RP idea. It would probably just be twelve pages of dinosaurs mucking around in plains, forests, and tar pits and eating eighteen tons of leaves and grass per post, but it would still be awesome! Alternatively, they could be pretty much exactly like a normative fantasy RP, including the textbook Big Bad and Adventuring Party, only instead of humans, elves, dwarves, etc., they're DINOSAURS. Imagine! Ninja Parasaurolophus! Archery T-Rex (with a tiny bow for his tiny arms)! Wizard Ankylosaurus!

[/shameless plug for best idea]
DF MQ  Post #: 33
12/6/2012 5:29:30   
black knight 1234567

That detective idea could work perfectly with the Jack the Ripper thing.
We could even make it ''alternate history'' where depending on how good the detective RPers are, the RP could end with capturing Jack or him staying on the loose like RL.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
12/6/2012 18:59:07   
Jexorin Rast

I can't believe no one has said Bleach.

I've watched a lot of that anime. It's totally BAUS!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
12/6/2012 19:40:18   
jerenda

Okay... I kind of support the idea of a dinosaur RP. :D
AQ DF  Post #: 36
12/7/2012 10:16:24   
TJByrum

@Jerenda: And how would such a roleplay work? Haha. Anything unique and different like that is always interesting to me.
DF AQW  Post #: 37
12/7/2012 11:29:51   
black knight 1234567

Jerenda, do you plan to recreate the Paxia RP?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
12/7/2012 12:13:56   
Kooroo

A pre-apocalyptic RP. Doesn't sound too bad.
Post-apocalyptic sounds alright too.
Can there be zombies, eitherway?

@Star:

Somehow, everything got lost in translation and I thought of 'Ninja Ankylosaurus'.
And next came 'how the hell would that work?'.

AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/7/2012 12:40:42   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Kooroo, how about transition from Pre to Post Apocalyptic with Zombies?

Seem legit?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
12/7/2012 13:17:25   
Marcus Twain

Now there's an idea. The RP starts with the world in chaos. Impending doom is on the horizon and everyone knows it. There is looting and murder in the streets. People have taken up defensive positions in their homes. Power has been cut because the power operators saw no need to go to work. Hospitals and fire departments are closed. There is no tomorrow, why bother with work. Every man for themselves. There is no law in the streets, only chaos. Then it happens, the world ends in some horrifying way. Only a few have survived, making the world a much quieter place. Just when the survivors think it is all over and they can resume what is left of their lives, the zombies make their presence known. Though mindless and slow, their sheer numbers make them a force to be reckoned with. Once again, the people must take up defensive positions in their homes. Food and water have become increasingly hard to come by. The looters that survived have now banded together and become raiders. Taking what they want from whoever they happen to come across. The shock of what has happened has driven others to madness; some kill everything, some believe the zombies can be saved, others are just bananas. Again the world falls into chaos, but is there a way to end the zombie's reign?
DF  Post #: 41
12/7/2012 13:20:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Marcus, you forgot to add the horrifying factor into the skeleton. Without that, it just sounds like another standard RP.

Add the horror...!! THE HORROR...!!!

EDIT: Also, what's the trigger for all the chaos?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
12/7/2012 13:32:24   
black knight 1234567

Watch_Dogs is a good one. We know the basic setting of the game, we can work off of that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
12/7/2012 18:14:57   
Starstruck

quote:

Somehow, everything got lost in translation and I thought of 'Ninja Ankylosaurus'.
And next came 'how the hell would that work?'.
SOMEHOW

... >_> Searching "Ninja Ankylosaurus" results in a stop-motion video of a plastic ankylosaurus beating up other plastic dinosaurs. Seems legit.

quote:

Okay... I kind of support the idea of a dinosaur RP. :D
I want to be the main villain, the Chicxulub Meteorite.
DF MQ  Post #: 44
12/8/2012 2:30:34   
Legendium

How about we make a completely new world together? I've thoguht of one called Smurof Eht that's ruled by people called Sdom Eht. <insert troll meme grin here>
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
12/8/2012 7:59:40   
black knight 1234567

Metal Gear Solid, anybody?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
12/8/2012 10:30:20   
TJByrum

Never played MGS BK... as a matter of fact, I've never played much of any of the games or watched any of the shows you guys watch. Never was into anime or whatever.

If anything, a Lord of the Rings, or a Starwars Roleplay would absolutely be an instant-joiner for me. The Elder Scrolls? Perhaps.

I think part of the reason people like already-existing worlds as compared to made-up worlds is because they feel more comfortable and knowledgeable in the already-existing worlds. I myself have a world I designed from scratch. Anyone remember Sicsin (poisonvenumskull)? He has a world, Terres, and he put a lot of work into it for sure. I like the idea of people making their own custom worlds, it really opens imagination and allows for anything.
DF AQW  Post #: 47
12/8/2012 12:59:46   
black knight 1234567

MGS has one of the best stories in all of media. It's PS3 only, tho...

The thing with a entire world is the idea of creating one is intimidating to some.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
12/8/2012 13:34:28   
TJByrum

@BK: I have a 360 and a PS3, so no biggie. When creating a world, the best thing to do is start by creating the history of the world, or at least it is in my opinion. I only have a realistic world, not a fantasy one, so I need to work on one soon (I like to do it for the sake of it).

On another note, anyone remember DWeird's "The Island" roleplay? It was a world-building roleplay... everyone had 'power' and an agenda. One could spend power to create factions. Every so often factions would be put into conflict and the player would spend more power to influence the results of such conflicts, eventually dying out or growing more powerful. Conflicts were determined by dice rolls, which were the 'physical' representation of power (put in 2 power, you get 2 dice to roll, etc). It had an interesting concept but I found it hard to follow and was confused by how it all worked.

But I made a similar system on another forum. Everyone has Influence. You use it to make a new faction, and can then use it to empower it to an extent, and then use it to add to its temporary power so it wins a conflict, etc. It almost worked... unfortunately, people just empowered their own creations and only spent influence on conflicts that affected their own factions. Which I didn't want to happen.
DF AQW  Post #: 49
12/9/2012 0:49:57   
Ryu Viranesh

I'm definitely supportive of any D&D or Star Wars stuff, since there's so much within those settings that can be explored or examined. So very much untapped potential.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition