Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2012 4:41:52   
Legendium

I don't know much about the other worlds that everyone is considering, but I like the idea of Elder Scrolls and Star Wars. I actually know a bit about them. Oh, and LoTR. Everyone knows about LoTR.

I just don't support D&D because I know next to nothing about that world. But hey, I guess I would learn on the way.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 51
12/9/2012 6:27:21   
black knight 1234567

We should have Kingdom Hearts, with Star Wars included since Disney bought Lucas films.
I know absolutely nothing about KH, but Darth Vader chocking Donald Duck makes me want to learn more about it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
12/9/2012 9:51:53   
TJByrum

Lord of The Rings(Hot Topic)
Darksiders I & II
Deus Ex
Fairy Tail
Darker Than Black
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist
D-Gray Man
Warhammer 40K/Normal
Naruto
Bleach

World of Warcraft
Dungeons and Dragons
Star Wars(Under Discussion)
The Elder Scrolls Series
Eragon
Pokemon
The Walking Dead
Fallout

Assassin's Creed

Bold are the ones I know a little or a lot about. I'm fairly interested in an Elder Scrolls roleplay. I want to make a roleplay set during fantasy times where the players create a character, form a party, and go on a quest with me acting as the GM. Meaning the players will have to work together to find a way to accomplish their goal(s) and finish the quest while I throw all sorts of crazy traps, monsters, problems, etc at them. THEY will decide where to go, what to do, who to talk to, etc.
DF AQW  Post #: 53
12/9/2012 10:37:09   
Legendium

I think we should make a poll, with the mods permission.

Everyone has four votes, if possible, and chooses the worlds he knows most about. Then we pick the two the most people know about.

I think at least one of the worlds should have a let's play, book or movie for it, so that people who don't know much about it can understand it with little or no fees.

If the game has no Let's play, I vote no for it, because games don't often have books or movies included.

Just my opinion though.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 54
12/9/2012 11:26:25   
TJByrum

We shouldn't get our heads filled with these ideas, Rule #5 still exists in the rules:

quote:

Rule #5: Keep your RP consistent within the Artix Entertainment (or other, as approved) game chosen as its setting.

Artix Entertainment has come a long way since the Role Playing Boards were created and has expanded into several active games with distinct settings, content, and even different versions of NPCs. As such, we ask that you tag your RP according to which setting you are primarily using by adding an abbreviation at the end of your RP's name, like so: "Endgame: Inner Circle (AQ)". You are expected to remain within that setting with respect to the various aspects of technology, magic, and culture. Drakel magiscience would be relatively rare within an AQ setting, whereas a WarpForce setting would have a great deal more, and less magic. We ask that you keep WF settings off of Lore whenever possible, as it represents the opportunity to explore whole new worlds at your fingertips.

Originality does create interesting twists and turns, and we try to accommodate your imagination. This in mind, keep your plot lines and references as original as possible. The use of copyrighted material outside of AE games is not allowed on these boards. Inspiration can strike from any source, but copyright infringement will have serious consequences.

It's not as restrictive as I once thought when I think about it. Want a fantasy setting? Just say AQ/DF/AQW. Want a sci-fi setting? Just say MQ/WF, etc. You get the idea.

The fact that people want these other places (LoTR, WoW, Starwars, etc) is understandable and I think we should be able to RP in them with permission, but I also want to encourage people to use their imagination. If you noticed, in my very few good RP's I always just said "on another continent south of Lore" or "far from the main cities" and such.
DF AQW  Post #: 55
12/9/2012 12:49:14   
black knight 1234567

Basically, make the setting your ''playground'' be imaginative through using it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
12/9/2012 21:37:38   
Starstruck

Star Wars is unique enough from both MQ and WF for it to be worth an RP. However, LotR is basically DF with less magic and fewer races, and, since we can't play with canon from what I understand, there's very little need to tag it as a LotR RP. Just claim a purge happened and there are now very few mages, and a few species got forcibly mutated and corrupted.

If that's too sketchy, I would scrap it and pick a point in history. I don't do Paleozoic.
DF MQ  Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: Out-Of-AE Universe Concepts Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition