Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balance Changes?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance Changes?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2012 18:26:02   
The Astral Fury

Here are something's I would think would help balance in ED feel free to crtique and show me, how it might not work.

BH's: I think the HP from masscre is a little excessive, being you can be doing about 50-60 damage reguarly and get back 20-30 HP, so I'd say keep Masscre how it is, but make Blood Lust not apply to your HP when using it.

BM: I think Intimidate needs to go, the reason being it's not fair they can put up a 25+ shield then lower your damage by alot, so I'd say that would need to go. So before you guys have a freak attack on me, let's replace Indimidate, with Smoke Screen. By doing this we change Bludgeon to Plasma Bludgeon and it will improve with Tech or STR if you guys still want that. The same thing as the orignial only energy, to keep things balanced, now this may OP fireball, but it was nerfed a tad so I think that will keep it balanced, so were not doing crazy damage. The next thing we'd do is replace DA with Explosive Expert, this is a passive, but instead of gving extra damage to your gun it'd give extra damage to your aux, and the damage bonus would be some where from 5-8 whatever you guys think is reasonable. You see it's a little more balanced so they won't go crazy with the SC and DA+ the STR builds because deadly aim has been replaced so this should lower the damage output. Now this dosen't matter too much, but since it's blood mage It'd be a nice touch, make Super Charge do physical damage and improve with STR instead of Tech. so you see it's like the oppisite of tech mage, Super Charge is physical instead of energy and fire ball is physical instead of energy, and fire has been nerfed so it isn't as powerful as Plasma Bolt.

TM: I don't think the caster is that OP despite what everyone thinks, but reducing the progressive rate of PB to 4 would make it a little more balanced, but I'd leave everything else the same.

CH: Make SC what is was before I don't think it was neicessary to nerf it, because this gave CH a disadvantage, so I'd say bring SC back to what is was or more like 60-70% of energy gain from damage.

Mercenary: This is a good class, but it's missing a few thing that's stopping it from being complete and being a good class. This sounds maybe too much, but make Berserker unblockable (Maybe not on this one). or make Maul unblockable (Again feel free to rage how stupid I'm being). And I'm not sure what to do else with merc it's still missing something what else guys?

Tm: Meh I really am not feeling those tank build there defense can be a little ridiculos, but I guess it is someone balanced, but when your hitting nothing and there spamming that infernal bot and SS, Frenzy and double strike they can do some pretty good damage, but I guess it's balanced what do you guys think.

Surport: Shouldn't increase the chance you have of getting first strike like "You have 40 surport you get a 30% bonus chance to go first," No if you have more surport you go first even if you have one more then the other guy you go first.
Also make Field Medic increase with surrport by a little by a noticiable amount.

I'll have more these are what I have now?

DF AQW  Post #: 1
12/3/2012 18:36:44   
Vegafire

Not supported at all, From my Experience Omega will balance this and also the support/ feild medic link is being reinstated. I agree with the bloodlust, Masacre thing but it is easy to overcome, i normally rage just after being massacred and due to shadow arts with my own bloodlust i use ranged attacks 20-24 + 35 + 10 energy with high crit chance 20-24+ 39 phy's with high crit chance and infernal android 22-26 + 30 with crit and ever increasing damage on the special, i stay at high enough HP to surive the masacre, Then take into consideration that the rage ignored 45% of players defences with a high chance to crit? thats massive damage with my bludge with hardly ever misses with rage even if they have max shadow arts, My intimidate also lowers their str dramatically (43) and my support means i normally get first strike,

You will understand what i mean if you evaluate my build

20- 24+35 phys (primary)
20- 24+34+10 energy (sidearm)
20- 24+39 (aux)
22- 26 +30(robot)
21-25 +5 Defence
22-27 +5 resistance
110 HP
46 energy (enough for a level 7 intimidate and level 8 bludge or a heal and one of the other skills)

skill tree is as follows
1-1-1
0-10-0
8-7-0
0-0-9

I also have high crit chances due to high support and moderate defences meaning in turn i have a good chance to deflect/block attacks
Rage gain is quick due to me constantly bombarding with attacks expecially if they deflect or block and my support on top of that
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/3/2012 18:41:16   
zer00x

BH: i agree with your opinion/suggestion

BM: i think these are a lot of changes. And with all these changes its just a physical version of caster but with bloodlust so its a no for me.

TM: Plasma bolt its the main problem (maybe the only one) because its op so yeah, reducing the progress rate could make it more balance, also i think it should have a stat requirement as well costs 33 energy, and IMO with that will be balanced

CH: No, no way static charge the same as before? no, that was op, so they nerfed it, i think its okay the way it is now

MERC: As a merc i think it lacks of some defensive skills (hybrid armor isnt enough). But make berzerker or maul unblockable would be op, zerker and maul got blocked almost everytime but i dont know... unblockable its to much...

TLM: Actually i dont see nothing too bad with the class for now

It is my opinion, so please have respect
AQW  Post #: 3
12/3/2012 19:02:54   
Mother1

quote:

BH's: I think the HP from masscre is a little excessive, being you can be doing about 50-60 damage reguarly and get back 20-30 HP, so I'd say keep Masscre how it is, but make Blood Lust not apply to your HP when using it.

Not supported the only reason health gain is an issue with this is because they get a lot of damage out of it. A nerf to strength will not only reduce this problem but the health gain that comes with it. There is no need to nerf all builds that use massacre because one build is powerful with it.

quote:

BM: I think Intimidate needs to go, the reason being it's not fair they can put up a 25+ shield then lower your damage by alot, so I'd say that would need to go. So before you guys have a freak attack on me, let's replace Indimidate, with Smoke Screen. By doing this we change Bludgeon to Plasma Bludgeon and it will improve with Tech or STR if you guys still want that. The same thing as the orignial only energy, to keep things balanced, now this may OP fireball, but it was nerfed a tad so I think that will keep it balanced, so were not doing crazy damage. The next thing we'd do is replace DA with Explosive Expert, this is a passive, but instead of gving extra damage to your gun it'd give extra damage to your aux, and the damage bonus would be some where from 5-8 whatever you guys think is reasonable. You see it's a little more balanced so they won't go crazy with the SC and DA+ the STR builds because deadly aim has been replaced so this should lower the damage output. Now this dosen't matter too much, but since it's blood mage It'd be a nice touch, make Super Charge do physical damage and improve with STR instead of Tech. so you see it's like the oppisite of tech mage, Super Charge is physical instead of energy and fire ball is physical instead of energy, and fire has been nerfed so it isn't as powerful as Plasma Bolt.

Not supported. Strength blood mages would have a field day with this one. They will have smoke screen Bludgeon, Physical deadly aim, and any other physical attack. You chance to block will be lowered while they can deal even more damage to you. This would only push strength BM back on the masses. Also you want to make supercharge physical? ABSOLUTELY NOT!. Smoke and supercharge both work wit tech meaning that Tech spammers will have a field day with this one. They will have Smoke, and the phyiscal supercharge both powered with tech which will be extremely deadly since supercharge will ignore 20% of your defenses and it being physical? It will sync too well with the superpowered smoke which will make this attack even more powerful then massacre plus they will gain 30% health back to boot. Not trying to be funny, but this is something I would expect Hun king to think off.

quote:

TM: I don't think the caster is that OP despite what everyone thinks, but reducing the progressive rate of PB to 4 would make it a little more balanced, but I'd leave everything else the same.

I can support this. even at level one I can sometimes get massive damage out of this even with only 93 tech. It is slighty OP so that would be good.

quote:

CH: Make SC what is was before I don't think it was neicessary to nerf it, because this gave CH a disadvantage, so I'd say bring SC back to what is was or more like 60-70% of energy gain from damage.

Not supported. CH are not UP in the least as Rabble already said they were doing well after the static charge nerf. Also Gaining 11-15 energy for a strike that might only deal 3-7 damage just because you have the potential to deal X amount of damage is OP. Static before the nerf was better then reroute which is a passive ability.

quote:

Mercenary: This is a good class, but it's missing a few thing that's stopping it from being complete and being a good class. This sounds maybe too much, but make Berserker unblockable (Maybe not on this one). or make Maul unblockable (Again feel free to rage how stupid I'm being). And I'm not sure what to do else with merc it's still missing something what else guys?

Are you serious with this one? This would OP strength Merc big time. We already have people complaining about chairman's fury being a free unblockable hit for strength builds yet you want to give merc 2 more free unblockable hits? Strength mercs with the platium pride will have 3 super power unblockable hits that will destroy balance, and send the Merc class to the nerfing table. So not supported and never supported.

quote:

Surport: Shouldn't increase the chance you have of getting first strike like "You have 40 surport you get a 30% bonus chance to go first," No if you have more surport you go first even if you have one more then the other guy you go first.
Also make Field Medic increase with surrport by a little by a noticiable amount.

Field medic is going to go back to support, and making support grantee you go first? Sorry but no. This would OP extreme support builds especially support merc and tech merc.

All in all most of these would OP these classes and destroy balance.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/3/2012 19:04:31   
Blaze The Aion Ender

For merc, I say add either reflex boost, and/or technician
I would remove blood commander, because when I played as a merc, I found it more useful to just use a turn to attack with already high str than to use blood commander
and replace... I dunno, you guys pick xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/3/2012 19:11:28   
The Astral Fury

Mother1- I completly agree with you, these were just random suggestions I'd had for the public to have their insight on the matter and I guess I got caught up and forgot how much it would impact the other classes your right though I ws being foolish,but please anyone else feel free to correct me and give ideas on what we can do instead.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
12/3/2012 19:27:03   
Mother1

@ dragon

I missed the swap with tech and strength for the physical supercharge, however even so I can't support that either. A strength spammer using smoke would have a field day with that one since strength BM is already OP and with smoke they would have bludgeon, sidearm, smoke and the physical supercharge. It would still be OP.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/3/2012 23:51:49   
Metallico

dragonman, you need more logic to do this things:
BH: Massacre is overpowered so it needs a nerf, i have only seen strenght hunters using massacre so it would not nerf other builds, have you seen a focus hunter using mass?
BM: i`d replace bludgeon for double strike, bludgeon requires low energy and does a lot of damage i know str is overpowered but it nerfs a part of the build
CH: why not give them a better static charge with a energy gain cap?
MERC: Boost like technician or reflex boost
TM: Plasma volt needs a nerf it can actually do 50 damage in rage with a low amount of technology/energy
TLM: What i have recently seen in tactical merc is that they are still bosses and more in 2 vs 2, they can heal 4 or five times in a battle, ¿why that overpower? because well tm has the same energy flow skill but the difference between them is that mage do needs the energy for use def matrix or technician and it is ok for them, doesn´t make them overpowered but tlm has blood shield so they don`t require much energy to make their builds work and frenzy also requires a low amount of energy to be used so their skills should have a higher energy cost or give em a similar to reroute skill with less damage conversion or less starting energy
Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance Changes?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition