Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balance Ideas/Concepts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance Ideas/Concepts
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/4/2012 11:26:31   
goldslayer1

these are just small ideas or concepts that should help improve the overall balance of the game.

1) Remove losses and battle count from the game. players these days use "OP" builds so they can get a high win ratio.
if win ratios weren't in the game and losses didn't count, people would be free to try other builds without repercussions of not using something strong. so right now, players dont use builds like support, because it leads to low efficiency. if losses weren't recorded, then people would be free to try any build they wanted.

2) remove the option to see another player's build out of battle.

3) remove the option to see most of the player's build in battle. this would include most, if not all of the skill tree, along with all of the stats, such as base str, dex, tech, support and their extras that they get from weapons.
i would say to hide defenses and offenses, but I dont know how well this would suit for other players...

4) HP and energy can only be seen in battle, (same way its used now) and cant be seen outside of battle.

5) if strength is your highest stat, (doesn't include EP/HP) you rage slower, and have less critical chance (having less does NOT give more to the enemy)

more ideas/concepts could be added in the future.
so what do you think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/4/2012 11:34:08   
Ranloth
Banned

1) Maybe.
2) No. Only because SOME players may guess builds easily, doesn't meat others cannot. It's vital part of strategy to counter one's build. If you cannot see it then you gotta guess it and then apply, and by that time you may pick wrong skills because you didn't know what to pick and lose. No strategy but sheer abuse. (it's easy to mislead players by items)
3) As above.
4) I don't see a reason for that..? It's only vital for challenges.. :V
5) It's already like that.. If you mean even slower then make Support work more with it; increase min/max Support bonus to rage. Then it's buff to the stat as well as abusers getting less Rage (all not just Str; you realise Tech and Dex can be abused too?).

Not bad. But need more explanation and thought put into it. As of to #2, #3 and probably #4 that goes with other two, Devs already said that it won't happen (Staff always has the final say). Dig some threads up in ED Suggestions to check since it was suggested before many times.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/4/2012 11:48:10   
goldslayer1

@trans
well the least they can do is to remove it from outside of battles.

and #5
yes, thats how rage works, but the thing is, most no strength builds requires you to do other things, such as use buffs, energy drainers, heal. and these moves dont give you rage, while strength builds are all pure offense and dont use turns to do these other things. therefor str builds on average rage faster than say, a support build that uses shields and heal as a vital part of its build.

and yeah while dex and tech can be abused, dex and tech amostl aren't str builds. they are tanks.
rage is fine for tanks.

and i know it needs more explanation. this is why the title is ideas/concepts.

concepts are just the "root" idea but without an explanation (yet anyway)
if explanation is needed, i will happily give one when i have the time.
but if there is no explanation, try to use your mind into thinking, how this would balance the game.

and again, these are just ideas. but you cant really sit here and say that build copying isn't an issue, when its in fact probably a bigger than balance (unless something is massively broken)

without copying, the number of people using "OP" builds would plummet as other balance changes are made.
people would still use "OP" builds, it just wont be at a massive proportion like it is now. and thats probably the main problem here.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/4/2012 12:32:18   
Ranloth
Banned

"well the least they can do is to remove it from outside of battles"
I quite.. like that one. You gotta remember what you see in battle and rely on screenshots if you wanna learn more rather than look at player's builds and copy them. I'll give you a big point here.

In regards to Rage + Str, it's the same case with Dex and Tech abuse when you rely on skills. I get that rage is fine for Tanks but my point is abuse in terms of damage too. And they also force you (or perhaps require) to use these skills and will put you at disadvantage. From Wiki:
quote:

[...] up to a maximum rate of 125%. If at a support disadvantage, the minimum rate is 95%.

Basically keep the maximum at 125% as it is and push the minimum down to 75%. 20% is still a fair amount and Support will have bigger emphasis on it. That means the more they ditch Support, the lower Rage gain they will get which does slow them down and can make that difference.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/5/2012 16:26:32   
Gull..

1) I really dont know.. i think player wanna win, and not loose. I guess that why we are playing epicduel, so i cant see why people dont continue using OP builds.. And faction still need fast influence for etc. dailys

2) i dont think it will give much effect. People discuss it on the forum etc.

3) that could be interressting why not, and it will make the game kind of diffrence. Right now it a big part for me to make the stategi how i fight the opponent.

4) dunno, i dont look others healt/energi outside battles. and i have hard to see the point heh:)

5) I think it will op tanks..

Post #: 5
12/5/2012 19:31:10   
Yo son

lol, lol, lol. removing the win / lost / battle counts, will defeat the purpose of this game, once you remove the competition, it is no longer a PVP.
Post #: 6
12/5/2012 19:34:53   
goldslayer1

@yo son
it would still be a pvp game.
it just wouldn't track losses and battle count.
only wins.

and really, there wouldn't be much different if u removed losses, because the game is still focused on wins.

dailies? wins
faction dailies? wins
all time boards? wins

the only thing is, this would free people up from their "records" and use whatever build they create (weaker, stronger, whatever it may be) knowing that they wont be penalized for losing.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/5/2012 19:36:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/5/2012 19:41:00   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

People don't use OPd builds because they want good ratios, they use OPd builds because they want to win, something that cannot be changed in the game unless you award a win for just participating. If they want a good ratio then they do NPCs.

And from Lycus in an earlier thread
quote:

Thank you for the suggestion, but due to a lot of the reasons stated above: The point of EpicDuel is strategy and battling to counter the oppositions build, and win the battle. This would take away the strategy side of things, and therefore will certainly not be implemented to the game.

That being said, going to lock this up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/5/2012 19:46:33   
goldslayer1

@ND
and the argument could be turned around, people also use OP builds because they aren't strategic and want better ratios.

i guess this is the type of situation where it doesn't work right either way.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/5/2012 19:52:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balance Ideas/Concepts
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition