Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2012 2:28:26   
Jekyll

Yes, the staff will compensate for all CURRENT enhancements and I trust that they will do it in an appropriate fashion. But do not expect sold enhanced-weapons to get any sort of compensation. You sold your item for an increased price, with knowledge of the 15% sellback value.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 101
12/8/2012 2:44:16   
Mysterion.

Yekyll is right guys.

You wont get a refund on already sold items that were enchanced.
When you enchance your stuff, the value of the sellback increases.
Here is a example for ya all:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a636/Mysterion5/Enchancements.png

I've removed your image tag. In the future, please avoid posting images in the forums; use a link instead. For more information, please check your forum rules using the Forum-Specific Rules & Complete Forum Index. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 12/8/2012 2:47:49 >
Epic  Post #: 102
12/8/2012 3:15:47   
legend tech212

Im just thinking here but, by doing this(the new update on enhancements and weps) it diminishes the point of varium. The people who bought varium bought it for an advantage and now that advantage is getting taken away. Don't get me wrong i know your trying to help non-vars but just take into account the people who bought varium. I think we should get maybe 40% refund on enhancements we have currently in our inventory.

@midnight santa
Are u serious???? A 5-10k varium refund. As much as I would like that it won't happen, I'm with trizzz on this one. Earn your points with offers or spend your money.

< Message edited by legend tech212 -- 12/8/2012 3:16:36 >
Epic  Post #: 103
12/8/2012 3:26:12   
Midnightsoul

Are the two Omega Promos gonna come in separate or same packages?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
12/8/2012 3:35:30   
Shift3r

quote:

Just a question,about our existing items..

I'm a level 33 player,who has some varium/credit items range between lv30-34 and lv31-35..
The question here is : when Omega comes,and if i didn't level up,am I going to find my items as Lv31 (lowest requirement),or Lv33 (my current level) or Lv34-35 (highest requirement) ??

BUMP
I'd like to get an answer for that.
Epic  Post #: 105
12/8/2012 4:06:27   
TRizZzCENTRINO

and the omega promo will come in 2 separate 10k packages (one energy and the other one physical) for those who still don't know.

quote:

Just a question,about our existing items..

I'm a level 33 player,who has some varium/credit items range between lv30-34 and lv31-35..
The question here is : when Omega comes,and if i didn't level up,am I going to find my items as Lv31 (lowest requirement),or Lv33 (my current level) or Lv34-35 (highest requirement) ??

the item would still be at your current level, but it won't have the level range anymore and all the stat requirements will be removed.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/8/2012 4:09:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
12/8/2012 4:25:42   
kosmo

Hi, im a credit user, i spent more than 1000k credits and a few var on enhancements, but i dont wont anything back, thanks 2 them i have been able 2 farm 70k winz whit my no varium accaunts. Asking money back, even for the wep u didnt sold, it makes no sence, u must just accept the fact that we r probably not gonna be refounded, our wep are gonna get an advange in the new enhancement sistem, thats all, and it looks great 2 me....
Epic  Post #: 107
12/8/2012 4:46:00   
Ranloth
Banned

As per Terms and Conditions, every player who has registered in any of the AE Games agreed to them. Due to the raise of 'refund' threads caused by change in enhancements, people are "demanding" their money back if the new system will not benefit them.

It can not be done! In section 5, titled "Payment Obligations", it clearly states:

quote:

Nothing in this Agreement places a duty on Company to ever reimburse any player by providing experience credit for any experience lost for any reason. Company will never reimburse or be obligated to reimburse players for any experience loss in a monetary manner, such as but not limited to monetary reimbursement or monetary credit.

Refunds are only given in the first 30 days only if it's deemed necessary such as unauthorised payment, but it does not include your own gaming experience - whether you enjoy the game or not -, you are not eglible for any sort of refund.
AQ Epic  Post #: 108
12/8/2012 5:38:57   
theholyfighter

It has been quoted by Rabblefroth that refunding those items sold already may not be possible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
12/8/2012 5:58:01   
Oba

^ It is possible. They have all our purchases and such saved. But I highely doubt we will get anything from our sold items.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 110
12/8/2012 6:01:25   
theholyfighter

^Oba you misread my message.........
I don't mean whether or not it is possible to do. I mean that it is impossible to happen. Dang it DOES sound confusing...
I'm just trying to say that Rabble says it might not happen...clear?
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
12/8/2012 6:27:28   
Ranloth
Banned

But T&C says otherwise. Refunds won't be granted unless they want such thing to happen, so if they won't give anything back then it's fine since you, as a player, agreed to it upon registering to AE Games, including ED. Titan/Rabble already confirmed some sort of reward for those who enhanced before the new system WILL be given so that should be enough. They are not obliged to give you your Varium/Credits back, at all. They chose to do so instead.
AQ Epic  Post #: 112
12/8/2012 6:27:46   
RageSoul

Except that they can't track the Credit enhancements , and people can just claim things sans proof .

EDIT : Removed ^

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 12/8/2012 6:30:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 113
12/8/2012 6:32:17   
Mysterion.

@ Trans

I know that, but if they give players with Var enchancements something back.
They must also give Credit enchancements something back.

Rights of be treated equal.

I dont say this because i want credits back since all my enchancements are bought with var.
But i stand up for equal rights.
Epic  Post #: 114
12/8/2012 6:37:22   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd advise you read this post located here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20912452
It clearly states, by Rabble:
quote:

We have full knowledge of how many enhancements you have on your weapons, and how you acquired them.

Not because we store it anywhere, but because WE'RE ACTUALLY WATCHING YOU. YES YOU. RIGHT NOW.

So they do know about Credit enhancements as well. Not just Varium.

You mention equal rights? Yes, what about them? You agreed to T&C upon registering, they are also binding so you have to follow them and this includes refunds. If you linked equal rights to Credit enhancements then above quote is more than enough. But sold weapons will NOT be tracked, NW already posted it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 115
12/8/2012 6:58:43   
MirageD

as far as compensation for enhancements is concerned.....i would like to have all of my currently enhanced weapons and armors transition to omega with their current stats, the way they are, so i don't have to pay again to lvl them up and maybe get some free stat distributions or lvl'ings.

~mira

< Message edited by MirageD -- 12/8/2012 7:00:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
12/8/2012 7:08:24   
Eventus

Hiya folks,

I'm seeing some really great discussion here, but I'd just like to remind everyone that the topic of "how the developers should give us free stuff" is not permitted in these forums, as they do not contribute anything of use to any discussion at hand. We'd all like to have some freebies—that's a given—but as the saying goes, "If wishes were horses then beggars would ride." In other words, constantly posting reiterations on how you wish for free varium and/or credits will not bring you any closer to actually getting those said funds.

For this reason, I have just deleted a short discussion about this issue. Anything that will be given to players in the near future is completely up to the sole discretion of the developers.

quote:

• No Begging
    Begging for Membership, an upgrade to any of the AE games, special equipment or extra in-game currency is not permitted. Do NOT do it at all, not in PMs, not in threads. There are no contests for which an upgrade is a prize, either. In addition, with the addition of the "Fame" feature, do not create topics or make incessant posts begging for fame.
  • Extracted from the =ED= EpicDuel Discussion Forum Rules.

Also, I'd like to point out that what Trans mentioned about AE's refund policy is correct. In no way are the developers obligated to give any refunds, so the very fact that they are working to make sure people do get some sort of compensation is a gift by itself.

On a brighter note, I can't believe that Omega is nearly here—in less than a week, no less! I'm extremely excited to see what the developers have in store for us and have no doubt that whatever comes our way will surely make for a pleasant holiday surprise for us all.

< Message edited by Eventus -- 12/8/2012 7:09:56 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 117
    12/8/2012 7:49:09   
    Jekyll

I agree with Trans and Eventus. The decision to actually give us a form of compennsation for our enhancements is purely out of goodwill by the staff. We should appreciate it rather than ask for more. One of the values of the holiday season is to be contented with what we have, so let us be appreciative. Thanks.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 118
    12/8/2012 7:50:42   
    ansh0

quote:

So what happens to those who never enhanced in the old system and receive it free? You're saying you want a higher one, sure 5000 varium free for those who never enhanced.

Lemme enhance 1 slot with varium.

*trollface*

Make it happen ;_;
    Epic  Post #: 119
    12/8/2012 8:04:26   
    Stabilis

What if enhancements could be converted into the new upgrades system? 100% enhancements on an item becomes a full upgrade. Enhancements less than 100% on an item becomes a lesser upgrade (if possible).
    AQ Epic  Post #: 120
    12/8/2012 8:17:02   
    Oba

quote:

In no way are the developers obligated to give any refunds

Obligated or not, its common sense. I've probably spent over 100 bucks on this feature, and now they "delete" it, so to speak. Its pretty clear, that if they skrew the players on this part they will lose most of their gaming community, and I do wonder how they will succeed then.

< Message edited by Oba -- 12/8/2012 8:23:22 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
    12/8/2012 8:25:40   
    Hun Kingq

They should create a 15000 varium package and include both types of weapons so that if players want both types of weapons they would not have to buy two packages.
    Epic  Post #: 122
    12/8/2012 8:27:18   
    Stabilis

Ew Energy Primary weapons ew.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 123
    12/8/2012 8:38:27   
    Promiscuous

Compensation for our enhancements is a must as ED is already the most expensive AE game. However I cant find where a dev said that we will loose our enhancements in Omega?

< Message edited by Promiscuous -- 12/8/2012 8:40:30 >
    Post #: 124
    12/8/2012 8:53:28   
    Ranloth
    Banned

@Promiscuous
    I'd disagree. Have you seen AQW? It's mostly running on ACs. Membership is pretty much below ACs really. But not the point here. And no one said we will lose our enhancements, they will stay and we will get rewarded for enhancing before the new system so enhancements we have now will also stay.

@Oba
    Common sense or not, T&C are clear. They are here for years, things were changed in all AE Games and no one found it as much of a problem. With that common sense you mention, they are already awarding us in some form as stated by Devs themselves few days ago. And no, they aren't getting "deleted" but revamped. They will stay as they are but on a new system, simple as. I don't see what you're arguing about there or what point you're trying to make. Reward/compensation will be given, end of. What else do you want on top of it? It's all confirmed as it is.
    Also heard of opportunity cost? To make a change, you may have to sacrifice something but it may turn out better in the end. May be the case here.

@Hun Kingq
    For once in a while, that's a fair point you made there. I wonder if it's possible for them to implement one-off package such as the one you're suggesting.

There's nothing to discuss in terms of refunds. They aren't and will not be granted, you agreed to it upon registering. To quote it again:
    quote:

Company will never reimburse or be obligated to reimburse players for any experience loss in a monetary manner, such as but not limited to monetary reimbursement or monetary credit.

It states it clear. Common sense to refund? Not really. Many companies don't do it because, simply, they don't care. We are getting some sort of compensation as it is so rather than ask for more, be happy that you get any refund despite T&C saying otherwise.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 125
    Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 6, 2012 - Omega Marathon
    Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition