Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2012 21:49:15   
xxmirxx

reason why i think so is because those new non varium players will find this really hard since there going always fight high level varium players that been here for awhile and old non varium players too since there items won't be as good as varium items. In my views by doing this can make alot of players either leave Ed or just play juggs that might be good for juggs players. what is your thoughts about this do you agree with me or you dis agree please explain why as well.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
12/8/2012 22:03:45   
Xx.Nemesis.xX

One question.
Why on earth would it be a problem. The items are now art and you will recieve gold from them. You can make your weps whatever stats you like
And you can give your weps abilities.If anything you will see people farming them for gold then being creative in pvp.I think you farm npc's for wins and dont want to see it go.
Sorry if I falsely accused you but really, they explained this in the dn's.

~Phantom
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/8/2012 22:06:01   
Mother1

I think it is a good idea that they got rid of it. It will make it easier to find duels in 1 vs 1 since those same players won't be fighting NPC which would makes the player pool smaller.

Also varium has lost just about all of the old power it used to have. If you hadn't noticed the staff has been adding a lot more non varium items that are equal if not stronger in power then varium items which helps close the gap. To the staff was also talking about compensating players for buying enhancements which mean most likely those will be gone as well when omega comes around.

Besides this is a player vs player game not a player vs computer game. Players records will not reflect them fighting actual players and not non player characters. This will help those the lower levels who want to go for 1 vs 1 since they would have to worry about someone getting quick wins off of NPC instead of fighting the masses.
Epic  Post #: 3
12/8/2012 22:24:08   
Midnightsoul

Of course it's a great idea. You can still fight NPCs, except now they're unlimited again and u can get as many creds as you want before you have to go into PvP without good gear. What I like about this feauture is now, everyone can take their time farming their creds and have a life. :D

Not only does it help make ED better, but it CAN make a person's life feel better. I know I sound a bit weird, but if you think about, ED will now be a stress-free game from the new NPC feauture.
Thank you ED team once again.

-Midnightsoul
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/8/2012 23:11:53   
Jekyll

I definitely prefer NPCs since they don't curse at me or start arguments. Neither do they call me noob. But I guess we have to accept this change and look to 2v2 as a viable alternative.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/8/2012 23:14:16   
goldslayer1

@jekyll
they dont get too lucky either.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/8/2012 23:33:23   
Jekyll

Yep. NPCs were literally the only breathing space we could get in ED. Now that they're gone, I might need the occasional time-out from the game.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/8/2012 23:37:57   
goldslayer1

*Note to self: "96 dex is not enough to avoid several blocks by a person with 66 dex"*

@jekyll
:| agreed

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/8/2012 23:38:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/8/2012 23:50:22   
Midnightsoul

@Jekyll and GoldSlayer

Hey guys, at least u can get unlimited creds off of them. :)
I know you guys might've been devoted to factions and stuff before, but u know, without creds, u wouldnt be good enough for ur factions. Just consider the NPCs as a different asset towards ur gane.

But yeah...the only thing I can agree with is the arguing and flaming from the community. :/ Was way better in Beta...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/8/2012 23:53:56   
goldslayer1

@midnight
and wins aren't the only asset i provide for my faction, so if i didnt have as much credits, i still have varium, plus other intangibles.
i think i would gave fared fine.

wow my luck is so bad i just got my first ever rusty bot.

22 matches and have not gone first yet.... (not including NPCs)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/9/2012 0:38:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/9/2012 0:53:21   
rej

Of course I don't. Removing NPCs as a viable source of wins, battle tokens, and xp is a terrible idea. It let non vars have a small respite from being ravaged by paying players. Without it, they will have no choice but to fight us.

< Message edited by rej -- 12/9/2012 17:39:22 >

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/9/2012 1:37:04   
LatinLover/Martini

Yes I believe its a great idea :) It shows the real talent of our Epicduel players and shows who really knows what they are doing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/9/2012 1:56:37   
Vypie

I also agree with the change.

I actually find pvp battles quite enjoyable! And about the name calling and stuff... well it actually does not happen to me at all. Is it because i'm at level cap?
I'm usually very quiet during the battle, unless i have something nice to say! :P
Epic  Post #: 13
12/9/2012 2:02:13   
Mother1

@ vypie

I can agree with you on that one. However there are a few times level cap player will call you names. I find this happening to me when I am on the ropes and losing a match only to turn the match around by getting a block, deflection, crit, or stun on my opponent and then come back to beat them. The last time I was called a name was when I beat this OP strength BH who beat me 3 times prior and he got upset that I beat him.
Epic  Post #: 14
12/9/2012 15:01:50   
Gull..

I have a quistion about NPCs..

What about Tokens, if there are none limit, will it then be possible and challange a lvl1 npc and farms credit and tokens - and will it then be to easy to get archivement?...
Or do token disappear like the win/loose stat ??

< Message edited by Gull.. -- 12/9/2012 15:03:06 >
Post #: 15
12/9/2012 15:44:44   
Mother1

@ gull

levels 1-4 will get EXP still from NPC However 5-35 won't. Also they are taking away tokens, influence, and wins from NPC. If they didn't then people would just abuse them and you would never be able to win 1 vs 1 again without farming a NPC and you would have a hard time getting matches in 1 vs 1.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/9/2012 21:53:17   
Angels Holocaust

Worst idea ever, if you guys haven't noticed. They are adding a ton of new skills to Omega, but the Devs have yet to talk about balance reform in anyway. We may be getting a million of new skills but the luck system is just too broken. People with less support still go first, people with less support still crit. People with less dex manage to block left and right. Once the people start losing 15 times in a row, oh boy are they going to get mad. What happens when people get mad? They leave. People need to be able to feel good about themselves and if they're not, they're going to leave. Nothing is really changing, it's just more of the same.
Post #: 17
12/9/2012 22:21:25   
Mother1

@ angel

They did this so player feel they are falling behind can grind for credits without worry. I remember you getting on me sometime ago about the unlimited fighting of NPC for the ebilcorp war because of the unlimited credit farming. Yet now they are finally doing this and you think it is a bad idea?

Also they didn't tell us everything yet. There is still more to come with this update so we are just going to have to wait and see.
Epic  Post #: 18
12/9/2012 22:25:26   
Xx.Nemesis.xX

@Angels Holocaust

While your post is your honest opinion I have to respectfully disagree.
If you say...make a dex build with enough dex to block 55% of the time(as made possible by hunter's)
then you have an extremely high hit chance.There are unblockable moves that put people with low dex
able to have a fair chance at hitting, and people with high dex that can't stand luck can use without probs.
If you in fact lose 15 battles in a row[in omega], is it really because of luck? Or is because you didn't plan
ahead and use all of the right moves to your advantage? I can tell you are a pro player no doubt but please consider
that they are trying their best here. I would give them a chance to make things right. Sorry for the long post :3
~Phantom
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/9/2012 22:34:28   
The Astral Fury

But like srly who's idea was it to put shadow arts on BH it's bad enough they have smoke screen and those dex builds, but adding another block chance worth 10% uh no. I mean it would be fine if CH's got to keep it cause they don't have SC, but because BH has SC it's so unfair, The max block chance shouldn't be 40% because I see dex BH''s can get to that easy and since they have masscre they can dish out some pretty good damage too, I think the block chance should be 20% at max because 40% is pretty much half and at that point it isn't even luck it's just unfair. Angel has a point why didn't they just fix the 6 classes with the skills they have now? No they have to add in all these random new ones which may make some classes very OP and mess the whole thing up and all of the classes and I heard that there making 3 more classes or just one this may screw things up even more with balance I hope I'm wrong, but it seems they tried to make Omega this huge thing they got up in all of it and forgot about the effects it has to the game, again they made all these new feautures that they didnt reliaze it woud affect the game. You say ED has taken a step in the right drection more like wrong direction, this games going from Epic duel to Epic Fail.

And I get theres luck in the game, but theres so much and it happends so often it can't even be considered luck. Making the max block chance go down to 20% would really help, and I'm a BH and even I have to say were ridiculos with ou blocking.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 12/9/2012 22:42:42 >

DF AQW  Post #: 20
12/9/2012 22:35:24   
goldslayer1

@nemexis
u dont need a 55% block chance to hit the enemy.
u need 20 more dex points than ur enemy, and he has 2% block chance.

anything more than 20, and its not going to help u hit him anymore.

@dragon
a balance Mod back in Gamma.

when they introduced 3 new passives back then in gamma, SA was the clear best before it was even released.

blood shield wasn't that good and took ur HP, and assimilation removed little energy and is blockable.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/9/2012 22:37:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/9/2012 22:49:54   
Xx.Nemesis.xX

@Gold
Very very true but am I the only one who thinks that having a 55% block rate with a hard hitting build would be very effective

Edit: It seems you have misspelled my name.

< Message edited by Xx.Nemesis.xX -- 12/9/2012 22:52:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/9/2012 22:57:00   
goldslayer1

@nemesis
Whoops.

also, IIRC the highest possible block chance was lowered to 45% with max SA.
so its 35% without SA.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/9/2012 23:36:47   
Xx.Nemesis.xX

@gold
thankyou for clarifying that for me. So it isn't high enough to call not blocking luck :D. I will explain
this to all those who claim to be "pro" because of a failed block on either players part.
~Phantom
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/10/2012 1:50:53   
Lady Blue

this thread is totally non sense.
i'm a non varium but i don't care if they will remove npc as wins
ED is giving us a credit version of varium weapons right?.
it means we can have a good weapons/stuff that we can use to battle varium players
all you have to do is to farm credits, since in the omega phase you can fight the npcs
unlimited. you can easily earn credits and you can buy and customize a weapon
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Do you think remove npc as wins is really good idea for Ed
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition