Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stun Buff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Stun Buff
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2012 19:37:51   
goldslayer1

i noticed alot that after stunning someone, their items still recieve a cool down turn.

a good buff for stuns would be to negate cooldowns for another turn.

what i mean is, lets say on my 3rd turn, i stun a str BH, on the 4th turn, he has massacre,
what if stuns delayed cooldowns another turn? so that the BH can only massacre on his 5th turn?

the delayed cooldown would apply to all types of attacks aside from strikes.

thoughts?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/9/2012 19:41:59   
Mr. Black OP

Would this apply to warm ups or just cool downs?
Epic  Post #: 2
12/9/2012 19:43:38   
goldslayer1

@mr black ops
both
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/9/2012 19:45:32   
Mother1

Not supported for the sole purpose that a turn is still passing even though you lose a turn.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/9/2012 19:46:54   
goldslayer1

@mother1

its not a "passing" turn, technically u took the turn away by the stun, it doesn't make sense that the enemy gets a cooldown/warmup while being stunned when he does nothing.

plus, stuns need a buff, right now they are pretty useless.

Edit: heres an exampe of a battle vs a str bh

enemy: Smokes
Me: malf
Enemy: strike
Me: overload *stun*
Me: gun
Enemy on his REAL 3rd Turn: massacre and wins.

this would simply delay his attacks that aren't cooldown/warmed up for another turn.

EDIT: whoops double post. Posts merge. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 12/10/2012 20:20:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/9/2012 19:52:31   
Ranloth
Banned

But turn still passes, otherwise you don't have a turn as well since it didn't pass. <_< Stun needs a buff? Right. Raise the damage or lower EP cost, not modify it to affect cooldowns and such. Turn passes for you and the enemy. If it doesn't pass for the enemy then neither it should to you.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
12/9/2012 19:54:24   
goldslayer1

@trans
except its not passing, its skipping.

basically this stops BHs from using mass on their real 3rd turn. (which would be listed as 4th because of how the current system works)
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/9/2012 19:58:24   
Mother1

@ goldslayer

Stuns already give the person who caused it or the person going next a free hit no matter what. There isn't a need to make warm ups and cool downs stop because you are stunned.
Epic  Post #: 8
12/9/2012 20:02:54   
Ranloth
Banned

You already gain free turn of damage and don't take any damage for a turn, that's more than enough.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
12/9/2012 20:55:38   
Stabilis

Please do not raise the damage on these skills, they will count as 2 turns of attacks at 100% damage and only by random chance while the stunned player is not able to react.

What if the energy cost and damage were removed and the skill level determines what % chance of stun or for how many turns (maximum 2) the skill's stun has.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
12/9/2012 22:31:20   
goldslayer1

@depress
this isn't increasing damage, this is simply just change the stun system so that players who are stunned dont recieve cooldown/warmups since they technically didn't have a turn.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/9/2012 22:36:09   
Blaze The Aion Ender

If I were to shoot a gun, and the nozzle became burning hot, then I left it and went to sleep, would it have cooled down?
Cooldowns just work with time, not you doing something
The has still passed, so I say a cooldown should still happen

A warm up on the other hand, would make sense to be cancelled for a TM or BH, because their final requires them doing something
A Merc/TLM, not so much

Bottom line, not supported
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/9/2012 22:40:41   
Xx.Nemesis.xX

I just had the craziest thought. What if blood mage's fireball were to do even less damage but put a cooldown on your gun.
I see a discussion coming on.;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/9/2012 22:42:31   
goldslayer1

@nemexis
like in early delta with fireball?
that made BM UP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/10/2012 14:58:21   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Well if you prevent stuns from taking up the other guy's cooldowns then you'll also prevent their buffs and shields from wearing off sooner. So that 20+ shield will be there for an extra turn if you change it back. I also think this was removed because it was causing issues with cooldowns and warmups but I may be wrong.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Stun Buff
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition