Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: words

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: words
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2012 2:33:45   
SouL Prisoner

^^ as good as killing the feature :/

My idea was better...

Every time you fame some1, u get 5-10 credits (Faming limit's to 100 fames per per day/per character)

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/13/2012 2:34:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/13/2012 2:41:50   
Remorse

^ The current feature mechanic needs to be killed.

Your idea IMO would probably make begging worse.

plus having the limit means the whole daily champ thing is ruined.
Epic  Post #: 27
12/13/2012 2:45:51   
T.600

Just remove the whole fame feature, it couldn't be any simpler IMO.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/13/2012 2:51:00   
SouL Prisoner

You guys have no genuine idea/suggestion, all you do is troll ...

Lets face it, you cannot angry all those who cares about faming, and that is 60-70% of them ...

"just remove fames" .... REALLY? is that all suggestion you got???

quote:

Find me at World 8, Oz, Free of Fame Beggars

??? LOL, who is asking you to go to OZ and stand like a statue whole day ???

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/13/2012 2:52:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/13/2012 2:51:55   
Mother1

@ t.600

Even if it is annoying the people who hate fame and don't want to fame As Soul said it is still attracting people to the game from the outside. So I doubt they will axe something that is actually working just because a group of people are getting annoyed over it. If it wasn't working period then go ahead.

But thanks to some facebook groups and players posting their stuff on facebook for people to see as I said I doubt it will happen.
Epic  Post #: 30
12/13/2012 2:52:11   
T.600

Yes, sometimes the simplest suggestions are best. It has destroyed the community, no one wants to chat, all they want is just fame, which is just a virtual number btw. It adds nothing to the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/13/2012 2:54:18   
Mother1

@ t.600

You know if you want to chat without the F4F you could just go to a friends home if they have one or make up a new meeting spot away from the masses as well. I mean IMO if you are going to a popular spot where everyone is at there will be fame askers and fame beggers. However if you make a new meeting spot that no one knows up such as your home or a friends home (if you or they have one) then you can go there and chat in peace.
Epic  Post #: 32
12/13/2012 2:54:54   
SouL Prisoner

^ its better to do something (For ur rating) than chat all the time on fb ....

Attention desperate???

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/13/2012 2:56:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/13/2012 2:55:20   
RageSoul

The ironic thing is that the ones that have a lot of Fame are sometimes the newer players . And the thing is that you get "famous" of , no not because you've been here for a long time or something , but because of begging . And Fame logically can be earned by defeating "big timers" ( read : Boss NPCs ) or in other ways .
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/13/2012 2:57:27   
Remorse

^ I agree,

Surely it cant be that hard for the devs to change fame to be more as it was intended and not a encourager of begging.
Epic  Post #: 35
12/13/2012 2:57:33   
SouL Prisoner

^then change it to farming , y faming?? If NPC is all you suggest???

You know it won't work ...

P.S : You can't change everything to NPC farming... Their is something called "Variety" and few things has to go that way..

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/13/2012 3:01:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/13/2012 3:00:21   
Remorse

^ I think he means to change it to any sort of thing that is fame worthy, and to apply methods for stopping the reason or need to beg.
Epic  Post #: 37
12/13/2012 3:02:21   
RageSoul

@Soul and Remorse
I'm not saying NPC grinding is the only way Fame is earned , but at least there's a way that will prevent if not lessen the problem with Fame-begging . But yeah , it can get annoying too , especially if the begger knows he/she's gonna get pwned .
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/13/2012 3:08:28   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm. just thought of an idea, it might be a bit complicated to code...

Anyways ...It could help the Newbies ..

Here it goes : Players below lvl 25 can fame twice a day, now, who do u think will get more attention??(The newbies, ofcourse) and this way, Pro's will mingle with the newbies, and many times end up helping them too :)

what do you guys think??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/13/2012 3:11:00   
RageSoul

@Soul
That could work .
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/13/2012 3:15:06   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmmm ... lets see what others has to say :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/13/2012 3:18:19   
Remorse

It may work,

Or it may make lower level spam 2famefor1fame all day instead which would probably get more results and therefore kill higher levels from competing for frames or in fact make them beg harder.

If a lower level wanted help, I would be put off by the fact it was to do with fames but gladly mingle if they needed help in other areas but that is just me.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/13/2012 3:19:31 >
Epic  Post #: 42
12/13/2012 3:20:43   
SouL Prisoner

^Maybe that's only you ...

Nobody really cares about a newbie ...Every one's busy with their own stuff, this could help out ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/13/2012 3:24:07   
Remorse

^ It would be good I admit,

If lower levels would fame twice as to show gratitude to people that help them but the fact is begging is still going to occur.

Maybe they should just ban the begging side all to together and add a report section for people who ask for fames for fames witha result of multiple reports giving a temporary ban from getting fame or something like that.
Epic  Post #: 44
12/13/2012 3:24:56   
SouL Prisoner

Ban for using one of the ED feature???

Does it sounds right?? ...

P.S : Ban is for a crime, not for playing along a feature ...

And what about the abuse of f4f report thing ??

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/13/2012 3:29:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/13/2012 3:30:51   
Remorse

just a little temp ban for spamming begs such as the f4f,

and only a ban from receiving fames for a short time.

Similar to temp chat bans for swearing too much.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/13/2012 3:31:17 >
Epic  Post #: 46
12/13/2012 3:34:59   
SouL Prisoner

So, when exactly you get this ban? when you ask for too much fames?? and how would you determine that??

Actually the root prob is "daily fame board" i guess if they remove that, fame begging could reduce to a pretty good extent ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/13/2012 5:35:51   
Mr.Blank

I don't think it's a good idea to treat these people with a severe punishment, annoying as they may be. Since some people just want to chat with each other, without getting the fame involved, how about adding a "Block Fame Chat -button"? It prevents all the discussion about fame for those that don't wish to talk about it. Meanwhile those, who wish to talk about fame can just keep the button unpushed.

Now I'm sure that there are ways to get around these blockages but really, only the desperate are going to try that out in my opinion. I'd say blocking the words f4f, fame, f 4 f and f4m3 will prevent at least some of the spamming in this system.
Epic  Post #: 48
12/13/2012 6:28:12   
Remorse

^
Reports and bans dont always have to associated with being severe punishment.

In some games I know you can report player for simply being "Unskilled"

And the punishment is not severe at all,

Say you beg for fame, a few people report you, you get blocked from receiving fames for an hour.

How is that bad?

Plus report for fame wouldn't be counted as a proper offense as in it wouldn't effect you chance as being a mod or something like that just pretty much a "hey your being anoiyng stop it " ban.
Epic  Post #: 49
12/13/2012 6:42:17   
SouL Prisoner

^ m 3rd on daily fame leader board, players gets jealous, report me and m ban for an hour... all my hard work in drained ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: words
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition