Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A Guide to Mastering Pyromancer (IN PROGRESS)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> A Guide to Mastering Pyromancer (IN PROGRESS)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/15/2012 18:06:19   
Sir Arceon

A Guide to Mastering Pyromancer (IN PROGRESS)

By Drakonnax

Contents (Use CTRL+F to browse)

{PM1} Introduction
{PM2} Skills
{PM3} Pros and Cons

Introduction
{PM1}

Pyromancers. Masters of Fire Magic. There have been many in DF's past. Well, actually, only 2: Drakonnan and Xan. The armor was released in November of 2012, and can be purchased in Cysero's Superstore of Savings from the Orb on the far left for 1800 DragonCoins.

Skills
{PM2}

Note: not all the stats for the skills will be 100% accurate, my apologies.

Phoenix

MP Cost: 20
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
15 turns
Effect: 15 hits of 25% damage with +20 Crit; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX.

The Phoenix... a fabled bird, able to rise from the ashes of its death. Here, the flaming wrath of this legendary winged beast is yours to command. I recommend using it late in the battle.

Malcifer

MP Cost: 30
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
10 turns
Effect: 4 hits of 50% damage with +10 Crit; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX; Inflicts Cursed(enemy Fire Resistance -25 for 5 turns).

A reference to Calcifer, the demon from Howl's Moving Castle, this ritual calls upon the spirit of the dark flame to weaken your foe. If you use a Fire Weapon with your Pyromancer(which would make the most sense anyway), this move comes highly recommended.

Paper Cannon

MP Cost: 25
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
5 turns
Effect: 6 hits of 25% damage with +5 Crit; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX; inflicts Paper cut(DoT[Dmg: 30-39] for 6 turns).

This one got some critique during testing because it didn't seem all that impressive. But the effects and power pretty much prove this to be a useful move, even though it appears to be the weakest of the DoT moves.

Fire Chains

MP Cost: 20
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
8 turns
Effect: 8 hits of 15% damage with +5 Crit; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX/; inflicts Bound(-40 Enemy BTH for 4 turns).

This skill, similar to Soulweaver's Enslave, is sometimes confused for a stun skill. Please remember that it is simply a BTH reduction skill.

Lava Fountain

MP Cost: 30
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
12 turns
Effect: 5 hits of 25% damage with +5 Crit; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX; inflicts Stun(Immobile for 4 turns)

One of the two stun skills of the Pyromancer, this is the weaker. Use it on enemies with low HP, or if Triflame is still recharging.

Flame Fury

MP Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
2 turns
Effect: 1 hit of 100% damage to all enemies with +10 Crit; uses all damage from STR/INT/DEX.

This multi-fireball attack is useful against multiple foes, and its quick cooldown comes in handy.

Magma Bubble

MP Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
6 turns
Effect: Applies Shielded(+140 to all Defenses for 3 turns).

I recommend starting off with this move, as it'll protect you from being hit for awhile, allowing you to prepare a strategy.

Basic Attack

MP Cost:
Free
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
0 turns
Effect: 1 hit of 100% Damage; uses all Damage from STR/INT/DEX

Yeah... nothing to say here. :/

Flamethrower

MP Cost: 25
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
5 turns
Effect: 7 hits of 25% Damage; uses no Damage from STR/INT/DEX; inflicts On Fire(DoT [Damage: 30-39] for 6 turns).

This is a good starting attack, and one of the Pyromancer's three DoT attacks. Use it wisely.

Blaze Blue

MP Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
4 turns
Effect: 6 hits of 25% Damage; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX; inflicts Confused(-25 damage for 6 turns).

This is an especially cool move, and those of you who watched Avatar: The Last Airbender may catch a slight reference. I suggest using it after Magma Bubble wears off.

Enkindle

MP Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
10 turns
Effect: Applies Enkindled(+25 PowerBoost for 5 turns).

This move is pretty basic, but effective. I suggest using it after Magma Bubble.

Flametongue

MP Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
5 turns
Effect: 6 hits of 25% damage; uses no damage from STR/INT/DEX; inflicts Burning(DoT [Damage: 30-39]for 6 turns)

This'll let you give your enemies a real "tongue-lashing," hehehehe. This is another of the DoT moves, and one of my favorites.

Rebirth

MP Cost:
Free
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
10 turns when armor is first equipped, 35 turns after use and throughout battles afterwards
Effect: Automatic Full Heal

This is basically the best healing move of all time, but it's hampered by its long cooldown and limited availability. ONLY USE THIS MOVE IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO.

Triflame

Mp Cost:
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
5 turns
Effect: hits of 100% damage with +10 Crit; inflicts Feared(Stun for 2 turns).

This is an awesome move, but be sure to take advantage of its short immobility infliction.

Warmth

MP Cost:
Free
Automatically Available
Cooldown:
15 turns
Effect: Recovers 10% HP and MP

Fortunately, Pyromancer has another healing skill. Use this if you need a heal while Rebirth is still charging.

Pros and Cons
{PM3}

Pros

1. Skills are not Fire-locked, contrary to what one might think.
2. Has a Full-heal skill.
3. Has 3 DoT and 2 Stun skills.
4. Has a useful defensive skill, as well as buff and debuff skills.

Cons

1. There is no skill that deals direct Fire damage, so if you don't have a fire weapon, don't get your hopes up.
2. Full-heal skill takes a long time to get ready.

< Message edited by Drakonnax -- 12/16/2012 16:21:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
12/16/2012 14:09:11   
Joerte
Friendly! Creative!

Your guide is going very well so far, especially since it has been up for about 2 days. BTW for when you do the skill Blue Blaze it is a reference to Avatar the Last Airbender if you didn't already know.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/19/2012 12:04:34   
Yuttt

Funny, with a weapon that hits around 100 normally, I'm only doing 20 dmg per hit with critical hits. Is this just a bug, or is the skill entry off?
Also, it only seems to hit 10-15 times. I mean The Pheonix (final).

< Message edited by Yuttt -- 12/19/2012 12:21:30 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
12/19/2012 12:14:51   
Womba

I haven't been using the class myself so... I don't have a specific one to give, but you should try and throw in a section on various combinations of skills that minimize cooldown and maximize damage.

@Yuttt Which skill are you talking about exactly? If it's supposed to do 100% damage then it MAY be a bug... if it's like... 25% damage hits then that's normal.

Speaking of which, it'd probably be a good idea to try and see if there's any bugs and what activates them on the class just so you can have something to tell people what to watch out for when they're using Pyromancer, Drakonnax.

Since a certain barber requires Pyromancer you might wanna throw him in to. Just for reference. Can't say it's bad... coming along pretty well so far. But there is still much work to be done! :P

< Message edited by Womba -- 12/19/2012 12:15:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
12/19/2012 18:03:27   
RamDF
Helpful!

Lots of info here contradicts the Pedia entry. Look here for what each skill does as per the Pedia.

Next, there ARE three Fire-locked skills: the DoTs. To do maximum damage, there is also a skill which gives -25 Fire. These are things you may want to include.

Coming along OK except for some factual inaccuracies.
DF  Post #: 5
12/19/2012 18:50:33   
Yuttt

Thanks Ram DF! That answered all my questions, and gave some strategies to me.

< Message edited by Yuttt -- 12/19/2012 18:53:38 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
12/20/2012 17:24:38   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

Ram, I believe that Drakonnax meant that no skill deals direct Fire damage, which is true.
DF  Post #: 7
12/22/2012 12:15:49   
kim346

I personally believe that Magma Bubble deals damage when a monster manages to damage you.
Also, IMO the statement "Automatically Available" is not nessessary, for it applies to all DC armors.

Another Pro would be the power against Ice enemies, because those DoT's can really hurt.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
1/1/2013 13:00:24   
bobtehnoob

Pro: Great at Voltabolt farming, or just plain normal farming with Escelence.
Post #: 9
1/3/2013 2:38:37   
DracoSlash

Multi is actually a little more than 100% damamge.
Pro: It's pretty much impossible to die with this armor if you use it right.
DF  Post #: 10
1/9/2013 17:01:44   
ElementalLord

But, this armor DOES have a weakness - it doesn't really have a SuperMove, and the cooldowns for some of the better moves are kinda long, so this class is not very good for long battles. Which is weird, given its DoT's...

Signature removed as they're not allowed in here. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 1/9/2013 17:48:55 >
DF  Post #: 11
1/11/2013 6:14:25   
Silver
Helpful!

A good combination against single enemies, bosses:

Flamethrower, paper cannon, flametongue, Malcifier, Final. If it is a boss with a lot of HP, I suggest you do the next step too

When HP is low and you don't have the rebirth skill ready:

Lava fountain, Potion/Warmth, anything else for the next 2 turns, Triflame, Chains of fire.

In one of those 2 free turns, use either a potion or a Malcifier

Post #: 12
1/11/2013 19:49:58   
kim346

quote:

But, this armor DOES have a weakness - it doesn't really have a SuperMove, and the cooldowns for some of the better moves are kinda long, so this class is not very good for long battles. Which is weird, given its DoT's...

It is good for long battles, it's abilities allow for durability. Also, long cooldowns don't make a class bad, it's just less spammable.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
1/29/2013 16:19:00   
Laken1
Banned

wait, in testing when you use magma bubble and some one hit you they got hurt. Is that still there?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/23/2013 19:21:52   
Dan The Enigma

Do you think you can do stat builds in this guide as well?
AQ DF  Post #: 15
9/5/2013 16:34:41   
L1TTLEDUD3

you should put in possible combos like the following:
Quote:
A good combination against single enemies, bosses:

Flamethrower, paper cannon, flametongue, Malcifier, Final. If it is a boss with a lot of HP, I suggest you do the next step too

When HP is low and you don't have the rebirth skill ready:

Lava fountain, Potion/Warmth, anything else for the next 2 turns, Triflame, Chains of fire.

In one of those 2 free turns, use either a potion or a Malcifier
Post #: 16
9/5/2013 21:28:31   
RamDF
Helpful!

I believe there's already a guide for Pyromancers (not pending) which has these above-mentioned strategies and more.

EDIT: The link is http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21334562

< Message edited by RamDF -- 9/5/2013 21:29:33 >
DF  Post #: 17
9/5/2013 21:59:14   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

As there is already an already an approved guide for Pyromancer, I am going to be locking this. Please make certain that you check which guides are approved before making a guide on a subject. ~Gingkage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> Pending Guides >> A Guide to Mastering Pyromancer (IN PROGRESS)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition