Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blocking Out of Hand?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocking Out of Hand?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2012 19:00:47   
The Neon Flare
Banned

I can't do it anymore, honestly my luck is so bad out of the 50 battles of have played today, I've gotten blocked 41 times (Not a joke 41 times counted each one my dex is 83), and many I lost because they were blocked, I mean my bludgeon is just not affective in a TM build (My build so don't critize how I shouldn't use it, it works awesome when it's not blocked) anymore because it constantly being blocked. I get this game is about luck, but it happends so often it can't even be qualified as luck. What's the max block chance 40% that almost a 1/2 chance to block that's insane it should be 10-15% because maybe some of you don't have to worry about being blocked because your a BH or a caster TM, but it's disgusting it really is. And why would you give a class with SC, SA? I mean you give SA to a class that dosen't have SC so they can make up for the blocks then thats fine, but I mean blocks with BH's are ridiculos. I mean I'd take SA off BH replace it with an aux passive that increases damage by a max of 5+ damage and then lower the block chance that would be pretty fair, and all of you saying "BH's are just made to block", we'll why is it they like never get blocked, they always block people and they do the most damage (Yay for masscre). I can't even see how you guys think things through anymore if you play a class or a build and use skills that can get blocked you'll know what I mean. Know BH's are the main source of the problem, but if your won't take away SA then just reduce the block chance to 10% that's fair, blocks shouldn't be frequent, they should be a 200 battle later "Woah a block, man you remeber when we used to block like every battle", "Not if you were a BH) "lol I see what you did there".

Don't feel like reading:
Lower block chance to 10% blocks shouldn't be a frequent thing.
And I know all of you will say you don't have enough dex, or if you think BH's never block just go be one, or BH's are just made to block. Get a build they relies soley on blockable moves and then come back to me there hard to pull pf.

Main point lower block chance.

< Message edited by The Neon Flare -- 12/16/2012 19:04:27 >
Post #: 1
12/16/2012 19:10:08   
Baron Dante

I'm not really sure about this here. out of 50 battles you were blocked 41 times, you say? Now, I don't see how the amount of battles is relevant at all. What is, however, is the amount of blockable attacks you do durng those battles.

Because I sorta have this feeling the rate actually isn't much above the 10% figure even now .-.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/16/2012 19:17:24   
The Neon Flare
Banned

I block atleast 1-2 per battle or only once if not a BH. It's ussually my bludgeon they block then they do all this damage on me I'm overwhelmed and they kill me basscially.

My luck is awful, but wait are you saying that the block is some where between 10-15%?
Post #: 3
12/16/2012 19:50:48   
Sympleton

They said they would be changing some formulas around for omega. Don't know if it's for blocking; guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/16/2012 20:11:49   
The Astral Fury

I really agree blicking is ridiculos and block rate needs to go down to 5-10% it's riduculos how much I block and to give a class with SC, SA's. I'd lower the block chance by alot as he said a 1/2 block chance is just too much.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
12/16/2012 20:45:47   
TRizZzCENTRINO

lol, you serious? i am currently a focus bloodmage and i hardly get blocked because i learn to use my unblockable attacks as often as possible and only use strike when i use intimidate, try use some unblockable skills/attacks if you think that you are likely to get blocked, since you are a techmage, your deadly aim helps alot, and i think you are exaggerating there
quote:

50 battles of have played today, I've gotten blocked 41 times
your unblockables are there for a reason and that is for you to use it anytime but you chose to use strike? and im sure you are being smoked by bounty hunters, and kept using strike and bludgeon, you know there is a bot called assault bot and it really helps with the situation or a skill called defense matrix and reflex boost which will help you last abit longer while the effect of the smoke fades.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/16/2012 20:53:39   
Mother1

@ trizz

you took the words out of my mouth.

@ OP

Every class has unblockable skills if you are dealing with a block build use those unblockables and use melee only for debuffs. I am a TM as well, and these Block builds aren't hurting me that bad. You can't use the same plan for all builds as they will come apart if you use it against the wrong build.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/16/2012 23:20:30   
Scyze

This is what I hate. I have 26-32 Defense and Vamprie Ruthless has 25-30. She'll always block.

It is just happening too much.

Just wait for Omega.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/16/2012 23:33:26   
Remorse

Here is my solution to blocks,

As well as a lot of other issues.

So far no one has outright disliked it or not supported it.

Perhaps it could be a possible solution :)

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20945288
Epic  Post #: 9
12/20/2012 2:12:28   
arthropleura

Lol? I guess crud happens. Got blocked 5 times today with 42-51 defense .-.
couldnt really care cos its only 3 damage difference xD
live life and move on
or increase dex
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/21/2012 12:30:52   
Combatoid

I personally think that blocks are balanced currently. ED has done a great job already lowering the block chance compared to Beta/Early Delta. Blocks are annoying, however they can happen to anyone. It's simply a luck factor that a certain stat increases.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocking Out of Hand?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition