Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blocks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2012 15:02:40   
Scyze

I am getting pissed to why I barely block/ deflect and that a lot of Criticals are happening to me.

I also barely go first .

Is it just because of who I am?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/17/2012 15:09:11   
Stabilis

Replace luck with user-induced actions. Still random.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/17/2012 15:37:50   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I would say the person who has the fastest connection goes first ^^
Epic  Post #: 3
12/17/2012 16:24:58   
Mother1

@ depressed how would we do that?
Epic  Post #: 4
12/17/2012 16:42:27   
Vegafire

@ Neos i m currently at mirv world 4 if you hop on over i dont mind giving you some tips or suggestions on how to improv your build to comeback this, i was experiencing the same problem only two weeks ago :)

The Frost Guardians
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/17/2012 16:43:31   
Stabilis

Mother1,

Buttons.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
12/17/2012 16:44:55   
Mother1

You mean a block button or something like that?
Epic  Post #: 7
12/17/2012 16:46:19   
Vegafire

He means hhitting skills ect like malf that put luck out of the way, ones that make it easyer to do mass damage to your apponements i think :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/17/2012 17:33:38   
Stabilis

^ and ^^

Block, deflect, stun, critical buttons. Mass damage? Only critical strike if it applies to your character (eg having a higher Support count than the enemy).

A rage button to control rage could help.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
12/17/2012 18:01:18   
Mother1

A stun and crit button? Sounds OP if you ask me. If don't incorrectly it would be highly abused. Everyone would make all attacks block, deflect, or crit when used. And stun attacks would always stun.
Epic  Post #: 10
12/17/2012 18:09:50   
Stabilis

They would of course be limited by cooldowns, warmups, and number of uses. They would also be predetermined by comparing stats with the opponent, just as we are more probable to block with more Dexterity. Does not apply to Goldslayer, however.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
12/17/2012 18:25:31   
Mother1

Ok there are a few other things you missed. what about moves that aren't blockable, or delfectable? such as bot specials, and ultimates? If the buttons affected how these moves works it could cause extreme issues. Espcially because these buttons would be leaving tactical decisions with your bots up to chance.

In other words these buttons could destroy the same balance we are trying to achieve if not done correctly. In other words make it so the block and deflection buttons only work with moves that are actually blockable or deflectable.

A stun button is a no no because no matter what it would be abused. Whenever someone would use their stun move they would push the button and boom instant stun. It wouldn't be far and would OP the one move each class has to stun.

As for crits what about Bunker blaster, Plasma cannon, and Cheap shot that have a fixed chance to crit? If crits were limited to the amount of times these buttons could be use those moves would be taking a hard nerf.

All in all these buttons would need to be done and coded extremely carefully and well otherwise they would destroy the balance the staff is trying to achieve. Also No stun button too easily abused.
Epic  Post #: 12
12/17/2012 19:03:22   
Stabilis

quote:

In other words make it so the block and deflection buttons only work with moves that are actually blockable or deflectable.

As obvious.

quote:

Whenever someone would use their stun move they would push the button and boom instant stun. It wouldn't be far and would OP the one move each class has to stun.

Stuns would not have damage but also be limited by quantity. Energy costs are possible... the skill level could decrease the energy cost.

The skills with the bonus to critical strike becomes a bonus to ignore defenses.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
12/17/2012 21:01:46   
Scyze

I am using a 5 focus tank build. There is just too little Deflections. I changed since I would always get deflected and now look, people with 21-26 Technology never get deflected.

The only reason why I have had losses today is because of me getting blocked, deflected or there was Criticals involved.
This Bm with 18-22 Defense blocked me when I have 26-32 Defense.

Here's the numbers,
16-20 +35
16-20 +35
15-18 +39
27-33 +30

26-32 +5 +1 +10
31-38 +5 +1
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocks
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition