Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 8 of 14«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/2/2014 4:10:27   
BJEBLE

Anyone have CC suggestions for Genesis Warrior? Because I feel like I could be using it better than I am.
DF  Post #: 176
7/2/2014 10:32:40   
Megadragonknight

I would use 2 Corruption, 2 of any attack card preferably 515/525 attack card and 1 Iron Hide. But to have smaller deck instead than that so to have better chance to get the cards you need, I would go for 2 Corruption and 1 Iron Hide.
Post #: 177
7/2/2014 11:45:05   
The Finnish Phoenix

Bear in mind that Genesis Warrior has only 1 native Iron Hide, so it could be safer to CC more than one if you're worried about DoTs. If your opponent is also using a Neutral character, be careful not to have 2 Corruptions going at once as an Iron Hide that absorbs 2000 damage is 400% efficient and 300% efficient if it absorbs 1500, but it's only as efficient as Corruption if it absorbs 1000 so it's not a problem if your opponent uses 2 Iron Hides to block one Corruption (they cancel out and you both spent 10 energy, although you still have to play around the rest of the Iron Hides so it's good to have defensive cards to fall back on).

You could still CC 2 Corruptions against Neutral opponents, just be careful not to stack them. I'd advise CCing 1 Corruption, 2 Iron Hides, and your preference of Empower/Counter Attack/Defend/Iron Hide for the other slots. An Empowered 500-Attack is 200% efficient, an Empowered Power Strike does 1100 damage at 158.4% efficiency, a CC Counter Attack is 148.6% efficient but goes through opponents' Iron Hides while taking care of non-DoT attacks to support your own Iron Hides while converting the energy of two cards to allow for more hand space, and a CC Defend is 171.7% efficient but doesn't convert energy on as high a scale which you may or may not like depending on the general cost of your other cards.

Against anything else, you can feel free to CC 2-3 Corruptions. I wouldn't recommend more than 3 however as it's overkill. 3 is enough to drown any non-Neutral opponent in DoTs while ensuring that you have some energy left over for defense in the event that your opponent tries to kill you off quickly with instant damage before your DoTs are set up and run their course. 3 Corruptions and 2 CC'd Iron Hides should allow Genesis Warrior to kill any non-Neutral character consistently.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 178
7/2/2014 12:22:47   
Gorillo Titan

Counter attack 1 CC
Post #: 179
7/2/2014 12:39:00   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah Counter Attacks can be great for reducing opponents' Iron Hides to 0% efficiency since they don't absorb anything if you just play defensively around them. Genesis Warrior's 3 Shields also mean that you would often be able to use a Counter and a Shield at the same time which uses the 10 energy you'd gain while an opponent's Iron Hide is up. Use of this approach on both sides can lead to seriously long duels though, so be prepared for that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 180
7/2/2014 12:58:09   
Gorillo Titan

But when done right your opponent won't be able to play right after fear of dying of counter damage though.
Post #: 181
7/2/2014 14:18:39   
BJEBLE

Well I guess I should have expected this. I think you most of you guys have faced me in PvP or at least know that I don't really like where Neutral is going. It's too much about 4 cards basically and I don't think that's right. I guess I'll just create my own CC.
DF  Post #: 182
7/2/2014 14:21:13   
Gorillo Titan

Thats the way with every element dude.

I suggest you to name something else that doesn't play like that?
Post #: 183
7/2/2014 14:25:32   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo Void Rebirth. It may have a few outstanding cards, but you generally have to use the deck as a whole to be good at it. So elements that don't play like that? Fire, Shadow, Earth, Lightning.
DF  Post #: 184
7/2/2014 14:27:25   
Gorillo Titan

People who play shadow just add posion CC to spam it.

Lighting you want either more super charge or spam DOT.

Earth is EQ and sheilds.

Fire just add fire whirls shields and incenirates.
Post #: 185
7/2/2014 14:31:41   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo Well I don't play like that. And if anyone in PvP did just those cards they wouldn't do very well, they would be too predictable.
DF  Post #: 186
7/2/2014 14:41:26   
Gorillo Titan

predictable means nothing if it works.

EF with all EQ you know it has them but can you still beat it? lol
Post #: 187
7/2/2014 14:45:33   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo Yes. Chain stun them into Mountain Strikes and shield. It stops their offense, the stronger point among the two, and forces them to play more defensively and because the Mountain Strikes efficiency and Petrfies being a stun, you win by forcing them to defend and when they are stunned, they are weak and you strike then.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 7/2/2014 14:46:17 >
DF  Post #: 188
7/2/2014 14:50:22   
Gorillo Titan

Try that on someone >.> No one who pvp is logged on though.
Post #: 189
7/2/2014 14:52:45   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo I think it would work best with Tyrant Moose, which I do not have. Taurus would be good but it's deck is 17 cards so it's less reliable to draw the Petrifies.
DF  Post #: 190
7/2/2014 14:58:13   
Gorillo Titan

EF lets you spam cards easier do to the small deck.
Post #: 191
7/2/2014 15:06:06   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo Yeah I never tried it, maybe I'll do it after I have Moose(That might take a long....long...time though.) because I want to try Tyrant Moose out, it would be a really good character, what with the double petrify and shields and EQs.
DF  Post #: 192
7/2/2014 16:06:45   
The Finnish Phoenix

Earth Fairy had a decent showing in the Earth tournament and Resk eliminated The Jop (Minotaur), Axel (Taurus), and Lunar Crush (Earth Elemental) who were all at Level 20 but lost to Hendrik (Taurus) and clinton (Minotaur).

ND Mallet also used a Level 20 Earth Fairy but lost to Lunar Crush and Resk, and I used my Level 20 Earth Fairy to beat Hendrik's Taurus but didn't against clinton after seeing that he beat Resk.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/2/2014 16:10:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 193
7/2/2014 16:11:45   
Gorillo Titan

REV is the best Earth character to me
Post #: 194
7/2/2014 16:14:30   
The Finnish Phoenix

I consider Rev the fourth best Earth character. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 195
7/2/2014 17:04:41   
Gorillo Titan

Everyone has there own opinion haven't used my MT since I ranked it up moose tyrant is boring to me with its bland animations.
Post #: 196
7/2/2014 17:48:36   
The Finnish Phoenix

Alright, but I could care less about animations so long as the deck's rockin'.

Rev has two 200's, two Sacrifices, and one Stone Wall to Tyrant Moose's two EarthQuakes, two Crushes, and one Mountain Strike. For me the Sacrifices and Crushes as well as the Stone Walls and Mountain Strikes more or less cancel out with two 200's vs. two EarthQuakes left over. EarthQuake is like six non-combo'd 200's in one card, only more energy-efficient. :F
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 197
7/2/2014 17:55:01   
Gorillo Titan

Winning isn't everything dude its a game try and have fun instead of doing all the complex math or adding up every single characters energy cost. :p
Post #: 198
7/2/2014 21:18:00   
The Finnish Phoenix

Winning is fun dude it's a game try and have fun instead of doing all the complex losing or having below 1 HP. :p
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 199
7/2/2014 21:30:17   
Gorillo Titan

I'm cool with my rank on the pvp leaderboard dude.

Not like it matters if we spent most the time dueling the same people. >.>
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 8 of 14«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition