Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Cheap Wins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Cheap Wins
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2012 1:25:20   
RageSoul

quote:

Lord Aegis, nothing will replace it or the other option lower it to where the max level would be focus 2.

The bot should be the assistance not the substitute of the player fighting the battles.

I thought you said "remove it" . And yes , it's supposed to be just an additional attack / option , but that dealing 60+ is somewhat absurd .
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
12/31/2012 5:56:27   
Hun Kingq

Lord Aegis, removing focus would be the option of last resort because focus is just for the bots and nothing else so since it is for nothing else focus can be adjusted. So instead of Nerfing the bot since that has not worked already make focus go no higher than 2 or make the bot scale heavily with tech or both if either solution don't work.
Epic  Post #: 52
12/31/2012 6:01:34   
RageSoul

@Hun
Still no . I mean , isn't that the longer you stay , the stronger the special becomes ? What if i manage to do so for , like , 10 Rounds ? That means 120% damage for me . So apparently , this really needs to be adjusted or even better , changed .
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
12/31/2012 7:05:53   
King FrostLich

quote:

Its a terrible way to end a perfect game, and this bot tends to be used by TLMs with 28-30+5+10 Defense and 30-34+5 Resistance. It's almost impossible to break through their defenses, and they can keep looping the special

5 focus BM can stand a chance against that.
Epic  Post #: 54
1/1/2013 23:06:22   
The Joker X

W.e I'm not talking about 5 focus builds in general here, I'm talking about the infernal bot being oped. It either needs to deal less damage, or have its special somehow reset after each time it charges up or is used. Something has to be done to correct these easy wins from happening.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/1/2013 23:30:41   
Mother1

@ joker

Maybe in omega this could happen, however as it is now many players use this just to survive. While it may be cheap easy wins for some, for others who are weaker it is a tool of the underdog. When Omega comes I have a feeling bots will once again be balanced and this one with a lot of other will be nerfed.
Epic  Post #: 56
1/2/2013 0:39:12   
Hun Kingq

Lord Aegis, make a focus 2 build with low tech and use the infernal android and tell use the damage you get at round 10 believe me at focus 2 that bot damage is lessened. You think it will have the same damage as it does at 5 focus because you have not tried it at any other focus, I have.

TRizZzCENTRINO, Again can you be aggressive hiding behind a wall (maybe to yourself)? You can't be aggressive hiding behind a shield or bot. You and many others are in a 5 focus comfort zone and afraid of change that if someone uses skills to beat you than you want to scream Over Powered and demand nerf after nerf. The ones that abuse the system are the Class hoppers that purposely Over powers something or under powers something to manipulate the system to get what they want extreme Nerfs or Buffs to the class so they can have easy victories. If you want easy victories go do NPCs. Deadly Aim is a clickable skill now? Fireball was not a necessary Nerf because that was not the problem, the problem was players with low dex, resistance Armor, Armor with low defense or hybrid Armor like Delta with low defense. Which offers better protection from fireball +9 or a +5? You can't win a fight yelling or cursing at someone can you? Go and try it and see what happens.

Mother1, it is not the enhancements that caused the OP builds it is the players for one and two it was the change to the equations as well the change to stat progression more on Dex and tech than Strength and Support. Before the Changes Dex did make a difference when it came to blocking and skills like Cheap shot, Double Strike, Berzerker, and Bludgeon were blocked more often than now. Maybe one day you will realize that it is the equations and the way they change how stats progressed.

http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Blood_Mage

"Description: Blood Mage is the more aggressive and violent version of the Tech Mage."

It is not my Description it is Titans description of the Blood Mage

Instead of Nerfing the Infernal Android look at other ways that would reduce the damage. Lower the focus. Make it the damage increase of the bots start at a higher tech. Put the scaling of all bots at a higher number like every 50 tech points. Make the damage of all bots be reduced by 50% for every tech point above a certain point.

Epic  Post #: 57
1/2/2013 1:13:04   
Mother1

@ hun

Your idea of an aggresive BM is the same brainless strength build BM that was two turning every other build before the fireball nerf. That build takes little to no planning to do, yet a whole lot of luck to beat which everyone seems to hate. It wasn't fun for anyone who wasn't a str spamming blood mage because we were the punching bags of your idea of an aggressive BM weather you were varium or non varium. Back when you idea of an aggressive BM was on top everyone that wanted easy Brainless wins jumped to it and many of the BM who were using the build said they used it because it was the easiest way to get wins and on top of the LB.

Also Hun enhancement did destroy the balance of the game whether you believe it or not. All of the extreme builds that you said players made were because of these enhancements. Do you think anyone could have made such extreme builds without them? I don't think so and my proof is most non variums. In order for them to come even close they would have to use their Stat points to pump up one stat, and even then the DSF kicked in weakening that build. However with enhancements you didn't have to worry about it and boom all the extreme builds with little to know penalty were there. If it wasn't for agility then the little penalty that was given wouldn't have been there at all.

Also nerf focus just to get at the infernal android? News flash hun your idea will be nerfing all bots not just one bot! Why can't you just find a way to deal with this one bot instead of trying to hurt all of the bots? If left up to me this bot would be out of the game (not perma rare removed and everyone's credits or varium fully reinbursed) Since Omega is coming and there will be other more balanced bots coming in that don't give as this topic says cheap wins. But since this bot isn't leaving the game what the bot needs is a staga grenade effect (a reset button) for everytime the special is used. This way the bot's laser won't be spammed brainlessly and it will bring of it's pedestal.

The staff didn't even properly test this bot when they threw it out on us. It was vastly OP when it came out on us, and guess what it is still on that above all over bots.
Epic  Post #: 58
1/2/2013 1:39:29   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above don't bother, Hun just doesn't get it, all he wants is for BM to be OP and KO every other class in 2-3 hits.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/2/2013 2:04:38   
RageSoul

quote:

Lord Aegis, make a focus 2 build with low tech and use the infernal android and tell use the damage you get at round 10 believe me at focus 2 that bot damage is lessened. You think it will have the same damage as it does at 5 focus because you have not tried it at any other focus, I have.

Tried Focus builds so that makes your first assumption wrong , and i didn't doubt you haven't my friend . Plus , we can all spam TECH while have Focus 4 - 5 at the same time . BTW , who uses IA as a primary attack with Focus 2 anyway ?

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 1/2/2013 2:05:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/2/2013 2:57:52   
Mother1

@ lord

I have seem people do that, however even at turn 10-12 at times with rage the most they would get on me would be 5-10 at best. Focus work best with all bots but offensive bots need focus more then effect ones.

Hun's idea of nerfing focus would leave strength builds unopposed as it is now. It would force BM to become the brainless strength builds they were before since all BM has now is strength and Focus. You rarely see and dex builds with BM, and tech builds hardly exist either. I know a few people who use the support build with BM, but for the popular demand it would be all strength builds once again without focus since every other build has been nerfed into the ground.
Epic  Post #: 61
1/2/2013 5:16:30   
Hun Kingq

Lord Aegis, Read what I wrote again did I write you did not try focus builds I told you try focus 2 with low tech and tell us the damage you get with the Infernal Android try it with high tech.

TRizZzCENTRINO you, Mother1, and many others that came in after the Shadow Arts era are the ones that will never get what lies behind the stats are the things that are causing the problems. I was here when Artillery Strike gave extra 10% while the other Multis did not so I brought that issue up because that was not only unfair but unbalance. At that time the amount of Dex made a difference players even told each other strength builds are useless because you get blocked. When you and others realize it is the equations and the stat progression then you will realize that constantly complaining about OP skils/builds is useless until they fix the equations and stat progression. I even fought against the steep stat progression for tech and dex and told staff that change will be a big mistake and you know what it was.

Mother1 your assumption about what I want is completely wrong as this sentence states “After being hardened by battle, some of the mages developed a lust for blood, and a balance between magic and melee” is what I want for the class. Right now they have magic but where is the melee in the Blood Mage, there is no melee, that was taken away and the energy based skills got nerfed to uselessness and Super Charge, if a person has a high tech build, you are wasting energy so where is that balance between melee and magic?

Affecting all bots, who cares, the Gamma Bot been high damage since day 1 and still does high damage on physical attacks and with being malfunction the special does high damage, that is a constant not a progressive damage, if it gets players away from basically using the bots the only way to win then it should be a welcomed idea.
Epic  Post #: 62
1/2/2013 10:37:01   
Mother1

@ Hun

Right now only Focus and Strength builds are left due to all the nerfs as I stated. Also just because you have been here longer then many people doesn't always make you right. Removing focus as it is now is a horrible idea that would only benefit strength builds because right now since focus builds are one of the few builds putting strength abusers in their place. If you remove it as it is now then strength will only be left.

Also hun Epic duel is about planning and if your idea for BM was what they truly wanted they would have left BM the was it was before berzerker nerf since that BM was the one you were talking about. Also the malee? Strike, Bludegeon there are your melee skills, Plus BM right now is on top of the Food chain because BM right now is a flexible class.

Lastly on that comment anyone who likes bots and using them (which is the vast majority of players) Plus your idea would hurt attack bots more then effect ones. People with level 2 focus uses effect bots since they aren't affected by focus (Effect wise) however as for your words it isn't a welcome Idea especially to those who like bots. you are basically nerfing them into the ground, in addition to nerfing bot builds.

Epic  Post #: 63
1/3/2013 6:29:20   
RageSoul

quote:

Lord Aegis, Read what I wrote again did I write you did not try focus builds I told you try focus 2 with low tech and tell us the damage you get with the Infernal Android try it with high tech.

BTW , did you not notice that the reason Focus was there so that people who made their base stats equal is so that they would be equal to those who don't? Plus , Enhancements are going , so please , explain further why Focus is OPed and not IA .

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 1/3/2013 6:30:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/3/2013 6:43:51   
Mother1

@ lord

He wants to nerf all bots he doesn't even care if the bots are balanced he even said it when I told him his idea would nerf all bots in the ground to get people away from bots.

quote:

Affecting all bots, who cares, the Gamma Bot been high damage since day 1 and still does high damage on physical attacks and with being malfunction the special does high damage, that is a constant not a progressive damage, if it gets players away from basically using the bots the only way to win then it should be a welcomed idea.

Personally if it were up to me, I would find some way to write it into the storyline that this bot went haywire (due to it being incomplete say so in storyline) and remove it from the game forever. Then reimburse the credits/varium used to get this bot. While it was a good idea on the drawing board, as stated before it wasn't tested properly and as a result giving everyone cheap wins. But since that won't happen a reset every time the special is used would help bring this bot back to earth. This way the laser can't be spammed getting max damage and the bot will be more strategic at the same time.
Epic  Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Cheap Wins
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition