Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2013 2:32:37   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I've seen some interest in forum and/or in-game guilds, so this is the place to discuss and suggest ideas for them. How they could fit into OS, how they would be useful, how they could be recruited for, etc.

If enough people are interested, a separate thread will be created for forum guilds to be founded and begin recruiting, and hopefully will ultimately result in a forum for OS guilds, with Skydrite's permission, in CFG&H.

< Message edited by James Lu -- 12/28/2013 2:32:37 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
1/3/2013 23:10:55   
Blackshock

Well if anything, what I'd like to see would be elemental guilds or tribes. Each elemental guild having their own philosophy as the guild's guiding words. Sorta similar to how AQ's guild system works. Maybe one could even factor in guild wars akin to that of ED.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
1/3/2013 23:21:25   
branden80

Just so you know, I reserve the name the Berzerkers!
AQW  Post #: 3
1/3/2013 23:23:53   
cardshockmasterb24

Guilds in Oversoul huh? an interesting idea to play with. Id deffinaly like some structure to it, our pvp is by far one of the best in all of AE and id love to see the guilds take that to a whole new level
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
1/3/2013 23:30:20   
1c3 r3b0rn
Banned

Make me the leader of all the guilds.

AQW  Post #: 5
1/3/2013 23:40:06   
SouL Prisoner

A guild like Aqw is quite useless ... Something like ED would be awesome and have better purpose

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/4/2013 0:02:16   
Blackshock

What about separating factions and guilds? Factions would be kinda like horde and alliance in WoW,
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
1/4/2013 0:57:17   
Vertigo Beast

Guild log in city, so maybe you don't always have to come into the same log in place as everyone. Would make finding people to duel a lot easier if you are looking for someone in your guild that is.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/4/2013 1:02:15   
Amaurosis

Guilds are a good idea. They can improve gameplay in Oversoul. If we have PvE wars, the guild that deals more damage in the War could get a prize of some sort. Then comes Guild Wars, when we get more areas have specific spots on the map have bonuses for certain guilds. Say in Abber castle a guild I own or was in was "exploring" in there they'd get a range of bonuses. Let's say 20% Exp increase 20 % gold boost 20 % Posses Rate 20 % Rare character appearance +1 Elemental Charge re-gain at the start of the battle +2 damage for every damage -1 energy cost for every card used etc..etc..Something like that. Yes, that's a lot of bonuses, but each bonus should have levels, and guilds should have leveling and exp points gained from certain objectives. Say you level a character to Master the Guild would get exp for that. You win in a PvP/Duel your guild gets exp for that, etc..etc. You get it.
Post #: 9
1/4/2013 1:12:49   
kise2

@Amaurosis

Oh I see kinda like the guild in Urban Rivals. I would love to see that and would like to be in a guild with the people in the forums.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/4/2013 1:31:06   
sithdragon123

I would rather see factions like Blackshock said. Such as the Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart pact ect of Elderscrolls Online, Nulgath too could play around with these things for storylines and such easier if he felt like it. In the same way Elderscrolls online will have these factions for the developers to play around with to enhance PvP experience along side their actual storyline of Molag Baal trying to control the world which, as I understand, Nulgath is doing too.

Nothing is granted.
Everything needs questioning.

May the mother of knowledge guide you
DF AQW  Post #: 11
1/4/2013 1:51:58   
Blackshock

Imagine having an undead legion faction? O_e Still, it would be nice to have factions that mattered storyline wise with wars and stuff. I have a strange idea for a faction war though and I'd hope you guys would hear me out on this.

During war time, the overworld map would be divided into several hexagonal chunks called zones (just like the map in risk). There would be a number of waves needed to be accomplished in each zone for a capture. Whichever faction reaches that wave quota first captures it. When a faction captures a zone, it becomes shaded in that faction's color. Once captured, A zone is given a fortitude value. Whenever an enemy faction wins a battle in that zone, that fortitude value is decreased. The amount of fortitude a zone depends on how many surrounding zones it's allied with. A zone that's in the middle of nowhere has barely any defenses while a zone in the heart of a faction's territory is basically a stronghold.

After capture, if a member of the enemy faction can reduce the fortitude to zero, the zone is theirs. Every time a member of a faction wins a battle in their own zone, the fortitude is raised by one. The amount of fortitude gained by a zone holder cannot exceed the maximum fortitude count (dictated by the amount of territory surrounding it.)

In my opinion, this kind of system changes the way wars work in a sense that it's no longer a boring grind. The map control style dynamics open up new ways of strategizing. One could opt to turtle up and slowly creep up their territory or one could go aggressive and claim quantity over quality and claim as much land as possible, denying the enemy territory and fortitude support.

This is still just a beta concept I thought of and I'm willing to make amendments to see it work.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
1/4/2013 2:10:11   
Warlord Revan

if anything, i would like to see guild characters thats all i have to say.
AQW  Post #: 13
1/4/2013 2:17:39   
almanac01

If there was an element attribute to it, I suggest a power boost to all Guild members, like a Pyromancer Guild would have a 30% extra damage when using a fire character.
I also really REALLY like Amaurosis' idea and it reminds me of the Pokemon White & Black orb powers (except without the need for another DS >_<)

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
1/4/2013 2:21:09   
kise2

@Blackshock

I like the idea alot and I think that it should only be pvp battles or pve battles in which the ai are a higher level than you if they are in a more fortified zone. Sadly I think it would take forever to implement this into the game but if they did I think it would be pretty awesome.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/4/2013 2:36:32   
SMGS

Guilds/Clan systems in a game have always interested me, and are usually the reason as to why I stick around in most of the games I play. Like others, I'm curious to see how guilds can fit into OS. I think ED has done an excellent job streamlining factions with the storyline, and ultimately the game itself. Would be great to see the storyline developing in a similar manner as it actually gives more 'power' - in a sense - to players in terms of the direction they want the story/the game to go.
Post #: 16
1/4/2013 3:25:49   
Blackshock

@kise: I agree with the scaling bit. We could adjust levels to scale with a zone's fortification. I kinda find pvp to fit in though. It would be hard to avoid doublecrossing feeders and such.

Another good idea would be characters whose evolutionary track depends on your faction?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
1/4/2013 3:28:56   
Boom u doom

Well, OS could have some events, and ultimately, we can have guild vs guild events. The guild who got the most points in the event wins. (whether a guild member helped or not, they still get the reward.)

< Message edited by Boom u doom -- 1/4/2013 3:29:27 >
AQW  Post #: 18
1/4/2013 5:01:31   
avavr

Would love to see every element having its own faction and guilds devoting themselves to a certain faction so as to empower that particular element ....(some1 already suggested this i just modified it a bit)...rewards may be SG gold artifacts cards ..+1 power or damage to that particular element...

~Ventrice OS

MQ Epic  Post #: 19
1/4/2013 5:09:13   
Vindication.

That would be a good prize, artifacts. Then you will be able to use different boosts from different clan wars.

Or maybe an artifact that helps your whole clan to improve.
Post #: 20
1/4/2013 5:30:15   
Vagaran

quote:

Well if anything, what I'd like to see would be elemental guilds or tribes. Each elemental guild having their own philosophy as the guild's guiding words. Sorta similar to how AQ's guild system works. Maybe one could even factor in guild wars akin to that of ED.

This +1.

I really would love that idea! Then there could be wars between each individual guild (like the Paxia Ultimate Conquest thing going on right now) The guilds would be worshipper of a specific type, ofc you aren't forced to use that type, but when you sign up to that guild, you will sign up to use that type during wars perhaps?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
1/4/2013 6:25:34   
Mondez

@BlackShock
I agree with the concept as well because in AQ Classic with the elemental guilds worked out very well plus they had their own place in a story line.

If this idea is developed then I would be in Shadow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/4/2013 6:30:58   
Blackshock

I'd probably stick to neutral. Wanna see a parody of those neutrals from futurama. XD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
1/4/2013 6:35:17   
drinde

If this is implemented, I hope that the guilds are not created by players, but rather given to deserving players to head. Would be a nice reward for those that help out in the forums or the wikis.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 24
1/4/2013 6:40:42   
Mondez

@drinde
I would not really find this fair since many players do want the freely create their guilds.

@Blackshock
In your elemental factions idea would we still be able to have guilds that would be in proportion to that element? Example:

Shadow (Element Faction)
- Eternal Void (My guild in the shadow faction)
- Other Guild

Neutral (Elemetn Faction)
- Blackshock's Guild
- Other Guild

< Message edited by Mondez -- 1/4/2013 6:43:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition