Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Tempest: OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Tempest: OOC
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/10/2013 13:20:43   
Riffus Maximus

Sorry for not answering, kinda busy nowadays with preparing to move out and stuff like that.

I find your ideas most interesting. To answer your earlier question, I don't think Glenn is much talkative, but we can try to do some dialogue before heading out. Glenn would probably just go out there and try to kill it, while one of you would surely try to convince him to at least have a plan.

And I dig the cave thing. Learning a thing or two about the Demon as we enter the cave. Hell, we might just even fight animated skeletons of those fallen dead. Might as well make it interesting and turn it into an adventure rather than a simple hunt.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
3/10/2013 14:19:17   
black knight 1234567

I'm on board with that, then.
And oh, can anybody here try messaging me a random message? i'm not sure if my inbox is actually working...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
3/10/2013 14:52:57   
Riffus Maximus

It says your inbox is full.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
3/10/2013 22:46:20   
TJByrum

@BK: I think I also messaged you in the past and it was full.

Also, I agree about turning this into an actual quest and not a simple hunt. I want it to be us walking in all cautious like, finding out and learning about this beast. Let's make him into something terrifying, evil, and deadly. I want us to see the tortured and wretched bodies of his past victims, the half-eaten remains of bodies, bones that have been gnawed beyond recognition, the pests who share his home, I want to feel the evil of this great demon, the ferocity, the blood-fueled aggressiveness of his person. I want to feel the heat that burns in his eyes and the painful gnashing of his sharp teeth. I want my character to actually fear this thing, I want him to doubt his success, and I want him to give it everything he's got. I want THIS to be it, this is the highlight of Torik's life, this is THE battle, the one that he will forever discuss for the rest of his life. He will have nightmares, dreams of death, and wish that on that day this demon had killed him, as he is now haunted by terrible memories of such a gruesome beast.

I am ALL up for collaboration guys. Whatever you want to do. However, as a character, Torik prefers planning, and careful execution of the whole thing. Also, let us work together and combine our abilities to beat the demon. We can collaborate anytime you guys want, I am sometimes open. I just finished putting a fuel pump in our Camaro, we are now working on my brother's truck (cracked heads) and have to tear the motor down to get to it. Tomorrow I have to help change the brake pads on my dad's truck. I will probably be busy all week, but I can get on at night and stuff.

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/10/2013 22:49:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 29
3/11/2013 2:20:25   
jerenda

Hey guys! Recently got accepted (thanks again Ryu and Sups!) and I'll be posting my intro post soon.

Mirai, Exodus was supposed to be joining us at the funeral pyre, but as he hasn't written an intro post yet, may I suggest we continue our conversation and make it possible for him to come in when he can?

EC! EC! EC~
AQ DF  Post #: 30
3/11/2013 9:05:50   
TJByrum

@Jerenda: Welcome Jerenda, glad to have you with us. Also:

quote:

The wolf raced through the Badlands, long legs eating up the ground. His dusky fur blended with the setting sun, broken by a swath of white running from his throat to his belly. From a distance, Tremor could have been any wolf: nameless, lean, roaming the plains looking for a quick meal.

That's just a portion, but the detail in your post was very... "it hit the spot", if that makes sense. I'll try to take a few pointers from that post and use it in the future.

EDIT: But I'll need to read your character's bio for most of it to make more sense, heheh (but still a great post).

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/11/2013 9:07:20 >
DF AQW  Post #: 31
3/11/2013 9:44:17   
black knight 1234567

Well...I guess we kind of have a problem here. My inbox has been glitching for the longest time with no avail in fixing it, if I can get it fixed today, then I guess we could start this thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
3/11/2013 9:46:16   
TJByrum

@BK: No problem man. You don't happen to have a separate folder where you store old PM's do you? If so, those also take up inbox space.
DF AQW  Post #: 33
3/11/2013 10:48:14   
black knight 1234567

And fixed it!
I'm all ready now, and off topic note: if you wish, you can resend me that PM now, TJ.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
3/11/2013 11:20:11   
TJByrum

Well that was quite a few weeks ago, probably two or so months, I forgot what it was about anyway.

Okay, so how do you guys want to collaborate? I think one of us should start it up: the three of us wake up (if we slept that is, I know Torik did) and start the conversation. Then they send it to the next person, and then they send it to the next person, etc. I'm not sure how a 3-way collaboration is suppose to work, unless we do it via a chatbox thing like the IRC or whatever.
DF AQW  Post #: 35
3/11/2013 11:31:51   
black knight 1234567

Can't PM support more than one guy?
That way I can send my part to all of you, then for example Ghost sends his, and then Rifus, then we can go back and make all the small little changes and adjustments.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/11/2013 11:37:28   
TJByrum

Oh yeah, that sounds doable. I see you're online, so if you want to go ahead and start... I am free all day. We're doing the brake pads Wednesday, so I got all day and all tomorrow.

But Riffus is busy with moving out (I think), but I see no reason for the two of us to go ahead and write out first portions.

Also BK, are you going to save the post on your computer or what?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 3/11/2013 11:39:00 >
DF AQW  Post #: 37
3/11/2013 14:31:45   
black knight 1234567

Yeah, i'll be the one to save it.
But, this remains under Max's control, so I think it would be most appropriate if he, as the ''leader'' of this group, starts, but, I am open up for starting now, if you want to.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
3/11/2013 17:00:51   
TJByrum

We could wait, since Glenn knows more about this demon anyway. Yeah, let us allow Riffus to start.
DF AQW  Post #: 39
3/11/2013 17:54:52   
Riffus Maximus

Glenn knows only so much about the Demon as the rumors tell. We're blind to what the creature really is.

I'm busy with moving out and painting my room for the next days, so you two can feel free to PM ideas, parts of your collab. I'll try to answer and do my part too when I have free time.

Start off with the morning/night of rest, then we'll manage to write something for the moment we plan/discuss before moving out on our adventure. I believe we can make a post with that. Second post would take more time, I believe, as we could perhaps make the trip to the Demon's lair a bit more challenging than just arriving there. We could do a third post for entering the Demon's lair and exploring it. Then probably a fourth post about the encounter with the Demon.

How does that sound?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
3/11/2013 21:40:11   
TJByrum

@Riffus: Well we don't necessarily need to collaborate the entire time. Just when it is necessary. For example, it is necessary to collaborate now so we can plan and such. Let's just collaborate the plan, the readying, and the beginning of our journey, yes?

Good luck moving out Riffus, I guess.

Now, who should start? BK if you want to, then go ahead and send us a message of whatever's going on. I guess I can reply, and when Riffus has time he can reply, and if you feel like you can put it together. Take the outcome and send it back to us, and we will repeat. Sound good?
DF AQW  Post #: 41
3/12/2013 11:16:55   
black knight 1234567

Honestly, I don't really quite know what to quite write yet. Do you mind if you start, TJ? might get my writing gears working again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
3/12/2013 14:23:13   
TJByrum

Sure I can start. I'll send the two of you the post and you guys just add onto it.
DF AQW  Post #: 43
3/12/2013 19:37:01   
superjars

@Starstruck,
I noticed that you mentioned that the demon had a runic hide in your post. This is something that doesn't really make sense to me and wasn't run past me nor TD. Please remove it and in the future, ask the host and your fellow RPers about details like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/12/2013 19:43:54   
Mirai

quote:

Mirai, Exodus was supposed to be joining us at the funeral pyre, but as he hasn't written an intro post yet, may I suggest we continue our conversation and make it possible for him to come in when he can?

Good with me- Exodus sensibly wrote his teaser trailer in such a way that it was vague as to what had happened at the funeral pyre before The Revolutionary arrived there. Postie up!

Edit: for clarity, Alyssia still can't see Tremor at the end of my post. Tremor on the other hand might notice that the tip of Alyssia's rapier is shaking very slightly (though whether that's more from fear or anger is anyone's guess).

< Message edited by Mirai -- 3/13/2013 10:47:35 >
AQ  Post #: 45
3/12/2013 20:59:40   
Starstruck

quote:

I noticed that you mentioned that the demon had a runic hide in your post. This is something that doesn't really make sense to me and wasn't run past me nor TD. Please remove it and in the future, ask the host and your fellow RPers about details like that.
I meant to remove this in the transition from RPA to RP, but it slipped my mind. Sorry about that ^_^;;
DF MQ  Post #: 46
3/14/2013 2:23:38   
jerenda

Posted! (This one just came very quickly. I don't expect such a speedy reply.)

quote:

For clarity, Alyssia still can't see Tremor at the end of my post. Tremor on the other hand might notice that the tip of Alyssia's rapier is shaking very slightly (though whether that's more from fear or anger is anyone's guess).

By rights, he would normally notice such a thing... but right now, Tremor is lucky he can tell what color Alyssia's dress is. ^_^ Tremor is still easily within visible distance, if off to the right a little, and he could probably be reached by the princess in a few strides should she so desire. It's hard to measure distance in a largely flat area with a character who doesn't necessarily count in feet.
AQ DF  Post #: 47
3/14/2013 11:54:08   
Starstruck

Ah, I found where I got the impression that the monster had those runes/symbols on its hide. Silissa/TD refers to "swirls on its skin that make my head go a little wonky." Whoops, my bad, that totally does not mean "runic hide," nor does it scream "MAGIC BEAST --> RIGHT HERE <--."

I posted. Not absolutely sure about this post (been having problems with insomnia lately, and not the productive kind where you get stuff done but instead the awful kind that drains all your energy), but I checked with stuff that's been written, and everything seems to work out.

I was going to ask jars about certain details about Forel's person (what does he have with him, etc.), but I decided to remove any references to what he was carrying, instead vaguely referring to "how did he have supplies to get across the desert." If you see any references to stuff Forel has with him/on him, please call me out on them - they're unintentional. Unless they're right. In which case, they were totally intentional.
DF MQ  Post #: 48
3/20/2013 11:33:09   
jerenda

True story: I was so excited by Zyanas' drawing about her messenger buddies that I felt inspired to make my own drawings. :)

Now, I am no artist, but these pictures amused me greatly. So don't expect great art.

This is Tremor and the princess' meeting from the princess point of view. This is the same meeting from Tremor's point of view.
AQ DF  Post #: 49
3/20/2013 17:14:12   
Mirai

Ahem.

I didn't just laugh out loud seeing those pics Jerenda... we're talking full blown belly laughs...
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Tempest: OOC
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition