Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2013 2:57:07   
Xxbbooxx

quote:

@above not to be harsh but it is really your own fault, you could have kept those for rarity score and to basically show off, everyone knows that the more rares or cool weapons you have, the more people will admire your character.
to be honest, it is not wise to sell anything in ED, unless it is a battle drop or the gems and emeralds.

Why bother keeping something that isn't of any use? i agree some of the stuff i should have kept, such as bunnyzookas, gamma bot & bike, etc. However when something better comes out that beats it in every way, why continue to have it clog up inventory space? so i can have a higher rarity score? i think not.

dont get me wrong, im glad we are at least 30% refund, i just dont think 30% is enough, especially if it doesnt count for previous weapons. Also i have issues with the Achievements, i think it should be a flatrate of varium spent on enhancements, not a top % of players. example: any varium/spent on = first tier, 2500 varium-4999 = 2nd tier, 5000-9999 = third tier, 10k-25k = fourth, 25k-49999 = fifth and 50k+ equals top tier. yes i realise that there are only 5 achievements not 6, but they all look similar, wouldnt be hard to make another.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 101
1/25/2013 2:57:30   
kaiseryeux21

@trizz, again your wrong. Luck factor played a large portion in winning battles. You just can't simply say that. I mean, take the example of Jarithemighty, take a look at his character page, he is using an outdated weapons (eg. graphite gun, +36 damage,) although there are auxes giving you +39 damage. so are you saying that you can beat jari because he is using outdated weapons?? i think not. Its still strategy and skills that makes you win battles.
DF Epic  Post #: 102
1/25/2013 3:01:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

@trizz, again your wrong. Luck factor played a large portion in winning battles. You just can't simply say that. I mean, take the example of Jarithemighty, take a look at his character page, he is using an outdated weapons (eg. graphite gun, +36 damage,) although there are auxes giving you +39 damage. so are you saying that you can beat jari because he is using outdated weapons?? i think not. Its still strategy and skills that makes you win battles.

he is not using all out-dated items is he? and yes i can beat him easily, remember, you are not sure that most of the people he beat are fully enhanced varium players at his level.
its not so much about strategies in delta, its about who has the best powerful build, best powerful weapons and the most stats.

quote:

Why bother keeping something that isn't of any use? i agree some of the stuff i should have kept, such as bunnyzookas, gamma bot & bike, etc. However when something better comes out that beats it in every way, why continue to have it clog up inventory space? so i can have a higher rarity score? i think not.

dont get me wrong, im glad we are at least 30% refund, i just dont think 30% is enough, especially if it doesnt count for previous weapons. Also i have issues with the Achievements, i think it should be a flatrate of varium spent on enhancements, not a top % of players. example: any varium/spent on = first tier, 2500 varium-4999 = 2nd tier, 5000-9999 = third tier, 10k-25k = fourth, 25k-49999 = fifth and 50k+ equals top tier. yes i realise that there are only 5 achievements not 6, but they all look similar, wouldnt be hard to make another.

thats what most say, and now look, you are regretting it.
the moment you sell them, you are ripping yourself off by choice.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/25/2013 3:05:35 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
1/25/2013 3:09:30   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

he is not using all out-dated items is he? and yes i can beat him easily, remember, you are not sure that most of the people he beat are fully enhanced varium players at his level.
its not so much about strategies in delta, its about who has the best powerful build, best powerful weapons and the most stats.

i can't argue much with you now coz i have my work at the office, but that doesn't mean i agree with you. sometimes you also need to accept that not all your points are true and others are not. Acceptance is a must dude, pls remember that.

P.S., im sure you can beat jari easily, but im very much sure that he or other non var players can also beat you even though you are using all the very powerful weapons in this game. I Dont think you have 100% winning record against players using outdated weapons. Give me proff and i will conceive with you.

peace man, Omega is fast approaching. No hurt feelings ok.
DF Epic  Post #: 104
1/25/2013 3:14:29   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

i can't argue much with you now coz i have my work at the office, but that doesn't mean i agree with you. sometimes you also need to accept that not all your points are true and others are not. Acceptance is a must dude, pls remember that.

P.S., im sure you can beat jari easily, but im very much sure that he or other non var players can also beat you even though you are using all the very powerful weapons in this game. I Dont think you have 100% winning record against players using outdated weapons. Give me proff and i will conceive with you.

peace man, Omega is fast approaching. No hurt feelings ok.

i do accept only when my statement is wrong, but im actually right whether you agree or not.

and no, no-one has beaten me with out-dated items, especially non variums, find it out for yourself if you dare to vs me in-game with out-dated items.
(out-dated items are items thats around the lvl 25-30 range)

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/25/2013 3:16:56 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
1/25/2013 3:19:01   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

and no, no-one has beaten me with out-dated items, especially non variums, find it out for yourself if you dare to vs me in-game with out-dated items.

can't help myself but laugh with this. I said i don't want to argue with you anymore. I just proven something so im satisfiied.

Anyway, on topic, the fact that the dev's gave us something in return is already an indication that they care for the players. Let's just hope the Omega release promises to be Awesome as promised.

Peace,

Loyti
DF Epic  Post #: 106
1/25/2013 3:31:22   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above
lol XD don't worry, i don't lie :P
fully enhanced but out-dated items is the same as trash(or something that makes your character more awesome if its a rare), you can't recycle or use them in delta/beta/gamma.

quote:

Anyway, on topic, the fact that the dev's gave us something in return is already an indication that they care for the players. Let's just hope the Omega release promises to be Awesome as promised.

i don't hope, i know exactly what contents omega is gonna offer.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/25/2013 3:40:34 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
1/25/2013 4:17:22   
Ranloth
Banned

So people say that they think refund will be poor. Then they want the refund. Then the refund is given of 30% Varium and 10% Credits. Now you want more. What.

We shouldn't be getting ANY sort of refund as per Terms & Conditions. You demanded a refund and you get 30% one and 10% from Credits yet that's not enough? Would you rather have no refund at all? Wanting more is being greedy, they aren't supposed to give any refunds at all but will do. If you don't like it, sell your current enhanced weapons for 15% Varium sellback and "give" your other 15% to some other player. ;)
Yet not just that:
quote:

It was very difficult to arrive at a solution that we felt was fair to those who supported this feature without gravely effecting the game's internal economy.

You do realise that this is also important part of the game? Maybe not for some who want money just because, but you cannot give out Varium just like that and expect not to hurt any sales or whatever. Likewise with Credits.

And achievement is already an issue? These don't affect the game apart from giving you more Points towards the star. I thought people cared about the refund, not useless achievement that doesn't do anything in battle?
AQ Epic  Post #: 108
1/25/2013 4:20:26   
Jekyll

Originally we thought that there would only be a partial refund. Now, there's a partial refund AND an achievement. By no means did the players get the short end of the stick.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 109
1/25/2013 4:22:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Not mentioning some Credits will be refunded, lower amount but their enhancements costed considerably more and Credits can be farmed back. I will be getting quite a bit of Varium and some Credits as well, not much but always something. (around 20K maybe?)
AQ Epic  Post #: 110
1/25/2013 4:24:16   
Vegafire

The initital 30% refund i suspected, A cheevo and enhancements being murged into the new stat system, the best possible results in my oppnion expecially considering i sold most of my enhanced items long ago i can still get the big cheevo's :'D As i said i always had trust in Titan and this time i couldnt have been more right.
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/25/2013 5:15:15   
Remorse

^
quote:

enhancements being murged into the new stat system

Where did they mention this ???

if this is so even better then I thought. :)
Epic  Post #: 112
1/25/2013 5:16:38   
ngshuyi94

Anyone kind enough to clarify something for me?

Since there will be price changes to the weapons once Omega goes live, does that mean that the sell-back will also change?

For example I bought weapon A during Delta for 35k credits, so the sell-back is 17.5k.

When Omega goes live, weapon A can be bought for 20k, hence sell-back becomes 10k.

Will this happen?

Thanks.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 113
1/25/2013 5:43:18   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I really dislike this... For people who spent varium on enhancements and then sold the weapon (do they or don't they get a refund?), otherwise this "compensation" is satisfactory but I was really dreading another achievement.
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
1/25/2013 5:49:11   
kaiseryeux21

^
quote:

Again, only Enhanced items currently in your inventory or equipped on your character are eligible for a refund. Unfortunately, we cannot refund Enhancements on items already sold. I advise you to hang onto all of your Enhanced items at least until we release Omega for maximum compensation.
DF Epic  Post #: 115
1/25/2013 5:55:38   
gangster a

they should give a percentage of how much we get back so we know what achivo we would get

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
1/25/2013 5:59:01   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

I really dislike this... For people who spent varium on enhancements and then sold the weapon (do they or don't they get a refund?), otherwise this "compensation" is satisfactory but I was really dreading another achievement.

They sold the weapon and got 15% Varium back. They still got it, just less. Now you get 30% Varium back, Credits (if any) and get to keep the weapon. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 117
1/25/2013 6:00:16   
Drianx

quote:

it is really your own fault, you could have kept those for rarity score and to basically show off, everyone knows that the more rares or cool weapons you have, the more people will admire your character.
to be honest, it is not wise to sell anything in ED, unless it is a battle drop or the gems and emeralds.

Sorry but this is really stupid as a reason. Apart from enhancements, yur reasons are only a matter of taste. What if he did not consider those items as being cool, or did not give a dime about others admiring him or not? Until Omega arrives, varium in EpicDuel is all about effectiveness, not look, fashion or whatever.

I would also wish those who said currency as compensation is not needed to be awarded the achievement only.

The compensation is small though. What if they decide the Omega system is even worse and decide to bring back the enhancements? In this case, a player who spent 10k var will receive in Omega 3.3k, and then 1.1k. And that's only because they decided to switch systems around. Not nice.

Long story short, the currency compensation - in my opinion - should have been at least 60%.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/25/2013 6:04:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
1/25/2013 6:00:49   
kaiseryeux21

i like to be surprise with the cheevo. but i bet i am only at 1%. xd
DF Epic  Post #: 119
1/25/2013 6:01:38   
odsey

@trans I agree with you, you sell your weapon, you got 15% varium sellback and now you complain? Because if you don't sold your weapon you still will get the refund.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 120
1/25/2013 6:03:56   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

All I know is, there are going to be ALOT of angry faces around and they will probably get even more quitters
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
1/25/2013 6:05:46   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

What if they decide the Omega system is even worse and decide to bring back the enhancements? In this case, a player who spent 10k var will receive in Omega 3.3k, and then 1.1k. And that's only because they decided to switch systems around. Not nice.

this is also one of my biggest fears. that's why on my other posts, i stressed out that if ever the dev's would implement something new to the game, (which is for sure, because there is no constant thing in this world except change)the things we paid for should not be sacrificed coz it is very much unfair. We need to have an assurance about that. Anyway, they have made 1 already. I hope thats enough, because a second one can be considered be as "intentional".
DF Epic  Post #: 122
1/25/2013 6:08:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Of course players will be angry, that's normal. No one likes the change but one is needed if it yields positive results in the long run. Aiming to please players only temporarily isn't needed for any kind of business, unless you find a way to please them both, in the short and long run.
Sacrifices will be made to gain something out of it. It's normal in every day life.
AQ Epic  Post #: 123
1/25/2013 6:10:45   
odsey

@Trans: Agree on everything. In order to make changes and balances, sacrifices must be made even if it made players quit.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 124
1/25/2013 6:17:30   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

Of course players will be angry, that's normal. No one likes the change but one is needed if it yields positive results in the long run. Aiming to please players only temporarily isn't needed for any kind of business, unless you find a way to please them both, in the short and long run.
Sacrifices will be made to gain something out of it. It's normal in every day life.

Yes, i got your point there, sacrifice in order to progress. Very applicable in personal life. But we are not talking about our lives here, we are talking about this game. You know i don't want to argue with anyone here because i dont really complain about the compensation on varium and credits. Infact, i am happy that there is 30% and 10% refund on varium and credits respectively. My only request is simple, if they want to make improvements to this game, players must not be the one to suffer the consequences because in the very first place, the players are just here to play. thats it. Is there something wrong with playing this game?? I believe it is the dev's responsibility to make sure that players will be satisfied with the services they renderred. We players are the customer here. We pay for a good service after all. Take this for example, If an owner of a restaurant wants to renovate his building in order to attract many customers, and he decided to remove all the old chairs and tables and provide new ones, do you think the owner will charge his customers a percentage of his expenses?? i think not. Hope you get my point.
DF Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition