Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 5 of 13«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2013 16:52:04   
caser5

It's Tuesday and they're not "feature locked" yet? I thought that was supposed to be happening on Sunday, oh wait it was the Developers who said it so it must of meant Wednesday.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
1/29/2013 17:11:06   
Jekyll

1) Azwan, 'read between the lines' is used in a completely wrong context here.
2) If you look at the percentages, things are nearing completion.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 102
1/29/2013 17:14:51   
caser5

The only thing I've seen go up significantly: Create NEW Basic Cores: 95% up from 10% on Saturday, not exactly reassuring considering they have had 2.5 days to work on it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
1/29/2013 18:07:45   
TankMage

I've had to remove a lot of posts due to sarcastic trolling and just generally distasteful posts regarding the release date. We understand that people do get frustrated during these times however as we've seen by these Design notes the wait is nearly over and no matter the release date it's fair to say that we're getting very close. However with that been said, the sarcastic posts of "January... 2014", "Omega releasing in 8 months" ect (these are just general examples.) really don't help speed anything up, so let's keep this discussion civil and respectful of the developers and the work that we are soon going to witness.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 1/29/2013 18:13:04 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 104
1/29/2013 18:12:14   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

The only thing I've seen go up significantly: Create NEW Basic Cores: 95% up from 10% on Saturday, not exactly reassuring considering they have had 2.5 days to work on it.

And I thought Sundays are the days off & Saturdays is when you work for less hours compared to normal working days. So take off the Sunday from the 2.5 days of yours since they aren't obliged to work on Sundays, at all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 105
1/29/2013 18:18:50   
master x guardian

Hopefully Omega's out by this week; I've had all of the other AE games to occupy my time while waiting but it is getting a bit long...

YouTube Channel - shadelord43485
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
1/29/2013 19:08:13   
kaiseryeux21

quote:

We're in a full sprint to the finish! Basic Cores 100% Complete. New account registration 100% Complete. Progress:
DF Epic  Post #: 107
1/29/2013 19:16:29   
Lycan.

quote:

28 Jan Just wrapped a meeting with the ED team: Today's goal, finish the Character Creator, Account Registration changes, and ALL Basic Cores..

quote:

30 Jan We're in a full sprint to the finish! Basic Cores 100% Complete. New account registration 100% Complete.

I really hope they can do this in time.
Epic  Post #: 108
1/29/2013 19:18:59   
the final hour
Banned

^extremely unlikely at best 2 days left of january balance testing still at 0%
Post #: 109
1/29/2013 19:20:25   
ED Prince of Shadows

^Pretty sure the January 30th is incorrect, since it is only the 29th.
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
1/29/2013 19:20:47   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I actually don't mind all that much now
I've started playing Borderlands 2 again, and that's been entertaining me
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/29/2013 19:22:24   
the final hour
Banned

@ED tis the 30th where i am.
Post #: 112
1/29/2013 19:27:32   
One Winged Angel1357

It is still the 29th at the Underground Lab
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
1/29/2013 22:48:45   
kaiseryeux21

Progress is slowly reaching to 100%. Very visible that the dev's are working hard to release omega as soon as possible. the only thing that bothers me is that "testing" is still at 0%. i bet omega will be release early next week.
DF Epic  Post #: 114
1/29/2013 23:24:41   
cool preston

For its One! Two, Two 5% and 10% until your out and the old ball game!!!!

Interfaces-95%

Omega Promotional Items-95%

Golden Yeti Tournement-90%

So it looks like omega is coming!!!!
Interfaces seems like an easy thing to complete same with promotional package. And if you think about it were not getting the golden yeti tournament the day of launch.

So In my mind they have to finish two 95% and On to Testing!!!

How long do you guys estimate testing will take??

I THINK It's 95% likely they will release on Friday. Over shot January release by one day. Will that bug so many people?

I'm just glad WE ARE FINALLY CLOSING IN ON THE COMPLETION OF OMEGA!!!!

OmnomnomOmega!!!!!

Finish these percentages pronto Devs!!! We can't wait any longer tooooooooo excited.

MQ  Post #: 115
1/29/2013 23:28:55   
Remorse

^ I think as soon as they get to testing they will probably need a week to test minimum.

But I dont mind since they have potential for MAJOR balance issues.

One I can think of right now, which I have asked many times about with no response.

Is can we or can we not see our opponents skill cores they have equipped in battle???

To me if we can't see the skill cores, battles may be potentially more luck based then ever!

Something to put me off this game for good.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/29/2013 23:30:01 >
Epic  Post #: 116
1/29/2013 23:33:20   
cool preston

^ Remorse I think not seeing skill cores is going to be fun. Figuring out what you opponents have in the mystery of battle!!!

I think they have had testers testing omega all along. It remains at 0% for FINAL PASS/Testing Phase. Let me repeat that word FINAL.

Last minute time to find any bugs or anything and squash them for good. Since they've been basically testing for 3 months I think it's safe to say a Friday release is in order!!
MQ  Post #: 117
1/29/2013 23:33:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@remorse Let me ask you this, how does knowing what the enemy have in store for you really help prepare any for it? If they have an energy draining core and you don't have any energy boosters, then there's nothing you can really do to stop it, whether you see it or not. Unless you happen to, and by chance I might add, have a counter for that core before battle, you can't really stop it whether you see it or not.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
1/29/2013 23:37:29   
cool preston

^Exavtly!!! Plus I'm sure we could figure these cores out through a number of factors in battle. What?? What's this??!! Use our brain in battle????Preporterous idea. The game is evolving for the better I simply can't wait for omega!!!
MQ  Post #: 119
1/29/2013 23:43:08   
SouL Prisoner

^^& ^

Theirs no harm if u could c ur opps cores , is there ??

Y do u guys like playing blind ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
1/29/2013 23:44:10   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Remorse

That's like saying that a gun in COD is unfair because you don't know what it is ahead of time

It is not luck based, as it is planned, and not random
It is complete strategy, making battles slightly different, but not random
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
1/29/2013 23:52:20   
Mother1

I personally hope they don't show the cores or bots our enemies has. Be able to see them will cause people to worry about what their opponents could do to them instead of just going with their plan.

@ remorse

As ND mallet said everything in the game can't be countered no matter if you know it is coming or not. Take a look at massive strike for example. You know your opponent has it if they are using the infernal mutating weapon, but does that mean you can counter it when it does it's affect? I think not you will have to take it as it comes.
Epic  Post #: 122
1/30/2013 1:12:32   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

Is can we or can we not see our opponents skill cores they have equipped in battle???

During the initial launch of Omega you will not be able to see the "skill cores", but this feature will be implemented long before the amount of "skill cores" becomes very large.

At the moment, with the limited initial cores and previous "item specials" being locked cores, it is relatively easy to work out probable configurations so it won't be an issue initially. I hope that addresses your concerns :)
Epic  Post #: 123
1/30/2013 1:33:25   
Mother1

And with that feature there goes any form of fun by surprise. Now I am disappointed since we will no longer be able to have an ace in the hole to surprise our opponents.
Epic  Post #: 124
1/30/2013 1:43:28   
Goony
Constructive!

Yeah Mother1, I can see your point of view! The general consensus of the forum community seems to reflect that they would like to see the "skill cores" and at least initially you will have some element of surprise :)

Maybe this could be put in as ingame poll to get a broader view of the players feelings towards a feature like this... We'll monitor reaction and see how it plays out when there is a full blown list of cores!

< Message edited by Goony -- 1/30/2013 1:44:15 >
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Weekend Progress Report - January 26, 2013
Page 5 of 13«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition