Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: No skipping turns anymore?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: No skipping turns anymore?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2013 7:38:58   
gangster a

so let me get this right the skip a turn button is for people who dont want to waste time in battle and the auto attack is useful for me cause i lag out a lot so i support!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/30/2013 9:20:41   
Tri Phoenix

i support this because it will be better than skipping :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/31/2013 7:35:12   
Sesura

List updated. Thank you again guys for your positive support. Currently at 100% support rate!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/31/2013 12:55:09   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Firstly, it is pointless and not helpful for a big support list to be added in first posts. It makes it look like you are trying to force the suggestion through by amount of supporters, as well as the fact that when we look at these topics, we want to see WHY people support or do not support the ideas, not just a list of names, because that tells us very little other than some people like the idea.

Now onto the idea, it is a good idea, especially if put with the 'Skip a go' button, it would be useful and also may help especially in 2v2. However from a security perspective this may mean that anyone who just clicks 1v1 and then leaves their computer with a pure STR build may win the battle with no effort, if against a bad opponent or much lower level'ed opponent. So that always has to be considered. This is something that will be discussed after the Omega release though, thank you for making the suggestion!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/31/2013 13:07:06   
King Helios

Also, it has to decide who to attack in a 2v2.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/1/2013 2:42:36   
XapApp

Helios, what if the player is AFK?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/1/2013 9:20:06   
Sesura

@Lycus: First of all, I would like to apologize for having the list of 'supporters'. Second, I think its still quite fair even if in 1v1 because though anyone who just clicks 1v1 and then leaves their computer with a pure STR build may win the battle with no effort, its opponent, let's say its a low leveled opponent, still has the advantage on the AFK character because he/she only uses 1 attack type and the low leveled opponent would even experience a more 'gruesome' defeat if the character with a pure STR build isn't AFK. It wouldn't mean to threaten the security and balance of the game because though you leave your character in a battle with a high STR build and wins, it would only count as one win because you need to click the 1v1 button again to find another battle so you can't do it continuously unless you aren't AFK.

@King Helios: I think that depends on the game engine or specifically the AFK character would attack the opponent at random OR it would attack its opponents simultaneously. e.g. There are two opponents, a level 25 and level 28, the AFK character attacks the level 25 first, then after the first round it would attack the level 28.

Thank you for your positive responses guys!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/1/2013 10:03:07   
King Helios

Maybe attacks the one with least HP remaining?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/1/2013 11:32:17   
Sesura

^ Maybe, maybe not. But it would be preferable if it would attack opponents simultaneously or randomly as mentioned earlier in my post.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/1/2013 12:20:30   
Remorse

Actually lycus has a major point,

And I thought of this after I posted that I supported this.

I have come across a few botters or strike spammers at very low levels an they are surprisingly hard to beat ( I never lost but I can predict many unfortunate less experienced players did) despite what you would think,

Some classes and build are actually countered by constant high attacks and especially from classes with blood-lust.

So this strike thing would be very abuseable.

In fact I remember seeing the strike spamming bot in the leader-board with above 50% win ratio, pretty good considering he only striked.

50% is actually quite good considering all the other new players records.

So I remove my support from this,

However I have also made a suggestion which fixes skipped turns and many other things if you would care to have a look at it.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21017501

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/1/2013 12:25:53 >
Epic  Post #: 35
2/1/2013 12:24:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Or there's another solution - rather harsh - which can involve kicking players after 2nd Strike (automatic), because they are AFK. So they won't be your meatshield (if at all) and could leave you as a Juggernaut in the 2v2 match. In 1v1, it'd work fine with kicking.

So basically, if you're AFK, then 1st Strike would be automatic (2v2 would pick one with lowest current HP) and if 2nd Strike was to occur then you get kicked to the server screen. In case of 2v2, getting to 2nd turn could take as long as 1.5 minutes so it's more than enough to come back. In 1v1, 2nd Strike could be ~30 seconds or more (depends on who starts first).
AQ Epic  Post #: 36
2/1/2013 12:41:12   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I think there should be no strike button e.g. when your time is up you strike BUT you don't gain any rage
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/3/2013 7:21:25   
Sesura

^That could be a good idea. So that means AFK players doesn't fill its rage bar to be fair with low leveled players encountering an AFK opponent. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/4/2013 23:58:35   
Giras Wolfe

This is a brilliant idea, except it might encourage some players to bot. As in start a battle, go do something else, and see if they won cause their character automatically strikes.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/5/2013 0:39:41   
theholyfighter

Not trying to ruin it, but it's not at 100% support rate...

I DO support this, because I usually have other browers open while playing ED...

Sometimes, hopefully not often, that I skipp turns...

Once again, nice idea~
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/5/2013 1:11:06   
UnderSoul

Supported as long as there's the skip button.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/5/2013 7:30:10   
Sesura

^ Thanks for another support on this idea. I hope this would be implemented to help players not only in 2v2 but also in 1v1. Though it might be discussed and a thread to ponder about after Omega releases. As @Lycus said earlier.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/5/2013 8:24:56   
Vypie

The idea itself should not be turned down just because of the possibility of a STR build striking their way to victory aganist other players. If that would be happening, then balance should be estabilished. It should not happen. (And if the player was actually playing, wouldn't that be too overpowered?)
With the addition of cores and more strategy, I believe even a player of lower level should stand a chance.
Epic  Post #: 43
2/5/2013 8:52:52   
Vegafire

Supported as it makes the game fair for those who are active with a afk partner aswell as saving time when skipping a turn is needed

@Lycus im sorry but something that has been promoted is the idea that Str build with capeabilities like that will be dimminished as HP only gives 1 per point and therefore str builds will suffer in HP and defences, same as caster builds so i find that statement irrelivant on the security side due to Omega
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/5/2013 9:02:25   
Remorse

quote:

The idea itself should not be turned down just because of the possibility of a STR build striking their way to victory aganist other players. If that would be happening, then balance should be estabilished. It should not happen. (And if the player was actually playing, wouldn't that be too overpowered?)
With the addition of cores and more strategy, I believe even a player of lower level should stand a chance.

High levels yes,

However make a low level BH, get highish HP, decent STR and of coarse bloodlust.

And watch how you win more then 50% of the battles with striking alone..... (Tested this myself)

And they often kill whoever they verse before they rage,
So not including rage will not help the low level battles.

Need I remind people that discouraging new players from this game because of striking AFK builds is not a good thing.

Their are many ways to fix skipped turns which cannot be abused at any level.

I have come up with a solution of my own for skipped turns, as well as it fixing among many other things. ( http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21017501)

Im not saying my idea is anything better then this, The point I'm getting across that skipped turns can be fixed from completely different angles.

And perhaps the devs should look into their own solution further, then a striking at the end of a turn because I know it will be abused.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/5/2013 9:07:18 >
Epic  Post #: 45
2/5/2013 9:16:58   
Vegafire

What if the player was forced to automatically strike after the timer expires twice? for instance there first go would skip once expired but there seond would attack and then it could reset? because even that 1 hit every two turns could make a difference but not in 1v1?
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/5/2013 9:23:31   
Remorse

^ My suggestion meant if you skipped a turn,

The next turn you could use a Non-attack skill (heal, shield, energy drain, booster) as well as an attack in the same turn.

By first selecting the Non-attack skill then selecting the attack in that order and no other combination.

This means AFK players cannot actually deal damage AFK,

But those who casually missed a turn can recover be say healing and attacking the the single turn to catch up.

Stricking every two turn surely does eliminate the low level afk builds however if you missed 2 turns you basically lose the game which makes it basically no different from the current situation.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/5/2013 9:24:35 >
Epic  Post #: 47
2/5/2013 9:52:19   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

What if the player automatically (carrying on from my old point) BUT no skills are "intact" so basically she/he would strike BUT bloodlust or any other "passive" skill like "reroute" wouldn't be active?
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/5/2013 10:22:39   
Remorse

^
Better but also complicated to do, because I'm assuming they would have to adjust those skills to allow for exceptions?

But definitely a much better improvement good thinking Justice.
Epic  Post #: 49
2/5/2013 10:49:57   
Vypie

Maybe instead of unleashing a strike, the automatic attack should select a weapon at random.

It could either be the Primary, Sidearm, Auxiliary, Normal Robot attack.

This way, Making a pure STR build would not grant that much of an advantage on AFK turns, and there would also be variety between energy/physical attacks, depending on the weapons.

The only thing that could bother someone would be the Use of a Cooldown when not intended. But if you are going to lose a turn, you cannot complain much.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: No skipping turns anymore?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition