Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes February 1, 2013: Late Night Release: X-Boost Items! Contest Characters!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes February 1, 2013: Late Night Release: X-Boost Items! Contest Characters!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/2/2013 3:04:06   
Ninjaty

@above: I used Founder Champion. And no, I honestly didn't find them difficult at all. All that seemed to be different, is that they play more cards on their first few turns. Maybe I should try with another character.
Post #: 26
2/2/2013 3:06:30   
almanac01

Have you versed Witch Blade yet?
If you haven't, two turns outta kill you.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
2/2/2013 3:09:15   
Ninjaty

@above: No, I haven't. But due to the advertisement, I just went into the dungeon with the assumption everything was going to be difficult.
Post #: 28
2/2/2013 3:35:10   
jakemaster1390

xp boosts are working. At first I noticed mine were not working. I logged out for another reason and then logged back in with 10 lifetime boosts and I have been getting my xp and gold boosts since the relog. I have noticed some things do not automatically work until you log in again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/2/2013 8:19:17   
LVXYZ

Guys, just know that for almost every issue in the game, including x-boosts appearing not to work, can be solved with a simple relog. I keep this in mind and always after buying or evolving. Anyway, I bought 10 Lifetime X-Boosts, and so far it's worth it! Level up from 1 to 2 in one battle, over halfway through level 9 in about 5 minutes, this is awesome!
Post #: 30
2/2/2013 10:30:02   
snakehulk21220

i would really like the devs to explain why when we get the boss possessed they get nerfed so hard? in the game realm i mean, every other character is as powerful as the others you possess... but with these 3 suddenly we have COMPLETELY different characters with the same art...i call fail let us fight the boss with the deck we get.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
2/2/2013 13:17:39   
dethhollow

Yeah. I get wanting to make the fairly ignorant computer more challenging, but there should be a way to unlock the boss deck later on somehow. Prehaps Nulgath's working on using the deck customizing system to do this?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
2/2/2013 13:42:11   
Vagaran

^

Simply NO. Those cards are OP and should NEVER be made available, no matter what.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 33
2/2/2013 15:26:42   
  Grixus Faldor

@jakemaster1390: Righto, thanks for the heads up! I assumed that the figures would appear immediately after purchase.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/2/2013 15:41:30   
Chaosyn

Somewhere down the road it will happen.
It's natural to want more power.
We will get stronger characters and will naturally want stronger cards for them.
The correct way to handle it would be giving the cards rank and level limits.
That way they have to have the character using the card at a certain rank (evolution) AND a certain level to use the card.
MQ AQW  Post #: 35
2/2/2013 17:07:50   
dethhollow

@ Vagaran

But it's kind-of breaking the established rule of the game. You posess your enemy and use thier skills. With these new boss monsters, you're not fully posessing them.... It's less like you can become them, and more like you become a cheap knock-off of them. I think there's something slightly wrong with that. Not that it'll ruin the game, but small things like that really bug people....

How come the Demon boss thing can't be fully controlled, but everything else can be?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
2/2/2013 17:33:55   
snakehulk21220

^EXACTLY you arent taking them over, you are becoming a mimicry of them, you have disguised yourself as that boss but your no where NEAR their level nomatter what, the game says take them over, i dont feel like im taking them over, i feel like im wearing their skin as a suit over a much weaker character.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
2/2/2013 19:36:58   
BJEBLE

@snakehulk regardless of what you feel, it would just be too OP compared to the other characters. Besides, on the wiki(http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/fiend-of-vergill-boss) it says the boss deck will be removed Monday anyways, so it doesn't matter in the long run.
DF  Post #: 38
2/2/2013 19:41:20   
caseybp

When they fix the decks of the boss characters we bought, will it be wiped to lv1? Also i THINK i bought 8 perm x-boosts but will the game stop me f i already bought 10? or will it count the buy and just waste my SG's because it cant go past 100%? i just don't want this to become some financial issue. Thank you.

There is an issue with the 5 hit combo animation. the second weapon in the Witchblades had is invisible during the combo.
Fun release non the less, and i love the dungeon difficulty. i got lost allot lol. but i managed to catch the actual Witchblade. Dose this mean i'm going to have 2 Witchblade characters? That's sorta awesome.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/2/2013 19:43:05   
Cylia

@caseybp:
Next week there will be a way to see how many X-boosts you have bought, so just wait 'till then. :)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
2/2/2013 20:51:49   
caseybp

o what i asked was IF i bought more than i'm allowed, will i be charged for it anyway?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/2/2013 20:54:51   
Cylia

I don't know if it would let you buy it or not. I would not want to chance it, that is why I suggested that you wait until next week.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
2/3/2013 2:24:49   
snakehulk21220

... @BJEBLE i didnt WANT the boss deck to be given to the players, i WANT them to learn to make them strong with the deck they give US to use, not cheaply change their cards, it ruins the games entire idea of you beat it you can use it, if you dont want them to be OP dont make their cards full of hax, and it DOES matter because the game's entire aspect was you beat it you take it over, not you beat it you take its skin. if they cant make it a challenge with the cards they give us... why are you giving them to us? they are obviously crappy cards if you need to change the deck for it to be strong... if you can beat it you SHOULD be able to have a good deck, thats the point, this game is going the way of AQW in that its basicaaly becoming dress-up but with less customizability because its only one full skin or "set" you cant mix and match, only the players are getting the boss decks taken, i want them gone altogether, you want a strong boss, make it strong but legit, if you can kill a boss you SHOULD have a character thats stronger than non boss characters

< Message edited by snakehulk21220 -- 2/3/2013 2:34:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
2/3/2013 5:02:30   
Blackshock

I think the whole being weaker than a boss thing easy to answer. They're strong not because of their bodies, but because of their powerful souls. You basically kicked out the host soul and took over the body. Their souls are so powerful that they have more hard hitting attacks than their bodies normally posses. That's just my theory though
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
2/3/2013 6:23:34   
snakehulk21220

^ so what you are saying is... a soul who has taken over dozens of other bodies, and was able to kick out said "powerful soul" is weaker by a LARGE margin than said soul? ... does not compute

oh and before someone says oh we arent used to these bodies... none of the others besides these 3 change, so yeah that cant work either
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
2/3/2013 8:54:16   
Blackshock

well we could say when we kicked him out, he packed up and took his cards with him XD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
2/3/2013 10:13:20   
dethhollow

I wouldn't go as far as to say the game's becoming AQW, but I just hope all the bosses aren't like this.... Couldn't they just make the computer smarter? I dunno... maybe I'm a little biased since I can't beat the boss.... But still, hopefully this won't be a standard thing.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
2/4/2013 2:53:41   
  Grixus Faldor

People don't seem to understand the idea of balance. Getting the same deck of cards makes you not only severely overpowered but it also ruins the fun in the game if certain players have an unfair edge. Bosses are bosses, they are meant to be challenges. This game is not turning to AQW or anything like that. I don't see how employing standard balancing is "game-breakingly stupid."

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/4/2013 8:19:01   
Vagaran

quote:

Bosses are bosses, they are meant to be challenges.

I've yet too see 10 people beating them without one of the boss characters from the shop. These bosses are just a "little" over the edge.

List of people I know beating the bosses without an OP boss character:

Mondez, Weraz, Pyre Witch (forgot the player's name), Darkon/DD (still unclear bout that and forgot the player name) and that's about it...

I do understand bosses should be challenging but by looking at all other AE games, the bosses atleast doesn't deal above 5% of your starting HP to begin with.

I mean 15+ dmg in one turn is a little OP. The only thing these needs is a "raise" in they're energy cost...that's really all. The dmg is fine but 1 energy for 5 dmg and 2 for 8 is just....too much.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 49
2/4/2013 9:25:04   
dethhollow

I can see what you mean, James, but for a game that's mainly strategy based it seems kind-of cheap to give a computer that doesn't really know what it's doing the ability to deal 15 damage on the first turn just for the sake of balance. Most of my characters can't even get a decent charge going before they die. It's a good challenge, sure, but when you take 10 hours or so to beat a character like that and get a watered down version of his deck, it's not as satysfying.

Prehaps the OS team could've just gave them the normal deck but had them start with +5 charge a turn or something with an AI geared more at larger combos. People wouldn't hate getting a character that's not the same as the one they beat. Bosses stop being overpowered.... I don't know how plausible or difficult it would be, but it's a thought.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes February 1, 2013: Late Night Release: X-Boost Items! Contest Characters!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition