Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2013 16:23:23   
Hun Kingq

Oba, whatever I don't have time for anyone's childish attacks we are trying to get things better than they are right now I did tests with high support and I got stunned more often with players of lower support that used maul, stun grenade, or Plasma Grenade then they did when I used max overload.

With the stun blast skill core I have not stunned once with Aux.

King Helios, these are the results with high support Plasma Cannon Tech build and lost every single match

Tech at 93 30-36 +5
Support at 79 18-22 +39

Plasma Cannon at max
58-64 energy damage

opponent Cyber Hunter
strength at 45 11-14 +35
tech at 65 23-28 +1 +10
support 40 10-12 +39
level 7 massacre
level 4 malfunction

I went first got 30 non critical damage with Plasma Cannon
After I healed I had 51 health and with his low strength he still took me down when his massacre was available

They made a big deal of the multis dealing great damage but they made the skill core Meteor shower “ Disintegrate an enemy with cosmic debris, dealing 110% strike damage.” So why is the skills in the skill tree limited while the skill cores are not?

Second match
Blood Mage
Support 32 8-10 +39
Tech 53 19-23 +7

Damage with Plasma Cannon 40 non-critical damage

Third match
Merc
Support 20 5-6 +39
Tech 30 11-14 + 3 +5

Damage with Plasma Cannon 45 non-critical damage

Forth match
Merc
Support 20 5-6 +39
Tech 36 13-16 +5 +5

Damage with Plasma Cannon 43 non-critical damage

Fifth match
Level 32 Bounty Hunter
Support 47 11-14 +37
Tech 61 21-26 +3

Damage with Plasma Cannon 44 Non-Critical

Sixth match
Merc
Support 20 5-6 +38
Tech 30 11-14 +10 +5

Damage with Plasma Cannon 38 Non-Critical Damage

Six matches all players with lower support and lower tech not one time did I get critical damage and I lost all six due to low damage

Epic  Post #: 526
2/6/2013 16:25:59   
Ranloth
Banned

That's the way in which probability (or luck, same thing) works. One time you stun, the second you don't. You remember the times when you don't stun (bad luck) and forget the times when you do stun and don't remember it.

There isn't an issue between them, it's your perception of these skills. If they weren't all at a fixed rate (but Maul) then Devs would've fixed it. You're bringing up a non-existant bug (these go in Bugs section, post it there if you think they aren't equal rather than post in DNs and expect to get it fixed).
AQ Epic  Post #: 527
2/6/2013 23:27:25   
Buffy A. Summers

@doomkiller98
quote:

Buffy 1vs1 win percentage is down because npcing is gone.

To All Those Claiming It's Only 1vs1 (Due To No More NPCs) And A Very Broken Juggernaut Battle System...

Look At Today's 2vs2 Faction Leaderboards. Everyone Is 55%-65%.

I Haven't Seen The 2vs2 Win Rate That Low Since Early Beta.

It's A System-Wide Problem, Effecting All Battles.

It's Not A "Getting Used To The Skills Thing"...

Battles Are Completely Luck Based Now, Which Takes Us Back To Beta... Again.

And We Are Simply The Lab Rats, Used To Experiment, Till We Find A Really Overpowered Class/Build That Exploits The Current System...

Then The Staff Will Nerf It...

Meanwhile We All Spend Our Varium And Credits "Adjusting".

Then We Need To Get More.

Rinse And Repeat.

Any Of This Seem Familiar?

Been There. Done That.

Isn't That The Definition Of Insanity? Repeating The Same Thing Over And Over Again, Expecting Different Results?

~ Buffy
AQW Epic  Post #: 528
2/6/2013 23:57:47   
Yo son

quote:

Isn't That The Definition Of Insanity? Repeating The Same Thing Over And Over Again, Expecting Different Results?

lol buffy, have you been playing Far cry 3? I can imagine Vass face reading this.
Post #: 529
2/7/2013 3:20:30   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Yo son, I was thinking the same thing.

Buffy,

In regards to "not being a getting used to the skills thing", well that's partially correct at the moment due to being a low amount of cores available (i guess you meant cores/skills so apologies if wrong) But it is still vastly heavily dependent on stats, and the players ability to use those in cooperation with the skills which are reflected by the players stats for the main part.

Regarding the lab rats comment, well yes we are still experimenting and balance will be adjusted at a later time (See the Omega Feedback Thread if you have not already) which is a great way for players to give their thoughts on what is doing OK, what is doing not so well, and other general feedback which can be read by all, and in time, adjusted by the Devs and Mods into a manner which will seem more balanced. Taking into account that not everyone likes every balance update/change and alike, but all together does and will try to focus on the wider player base once determined what is the best action to take regarding the issue/s that may arise and how is best to solve them.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 2/7/2013 3:21:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 530
2/7/2013 3:25:32   
theholyfighter

Actually IMO battles are not so luck-based, except when facing STR Mercs and Blood Mages.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Question:

Beast Slayer or Frost Reaper?
AQW Epic  Post #: 531
2/7/2013 4:29:59   
the final hour
Banned

^ the fact that the first turn has a massive impact on a fight to a point where if u dnt block ur pretty much 100% dead . would argue with it not being luck based

and yes i know support helps ur turn but it still isnt guarenteed

and blocks certainly are luck especially when u get blocked 3 times and you smoked them . i wodnt care but my dex is decent middle of the road. and i wasnt smoked he had no shadow virtually no def with smoke .

but my point is this game is ALL luck now . and first turn wins all their is too it . most of the time the first turn wins, im not the first one to say this .cause its true
Post #: 532
2/7/2013 6:25:11   
Buffy A. Summers

quote:

Buffy,

In regards to "not being a getting used to the skills thing", well that's partially correct at the moment due to being a low amount of cores available (i guess you meant cores/skills so apologies if wrong) But it is still vastly heavily dependent on stats, and the players ability to use those in cooperation with the skills which are reflected by the players stats for the main part.

Regarding the lab rats comment, well yes we are still experimenting and balance will be adjusted at a later time (See the Omega Feedback Thread if you have not already) which is a great way for players to give their thoughts on what is doing OK, what is doing not so well, and other general feedback which can be read by all, and in time, adjusted by the Devs and Mods into a manner which will seem more balanced. Taking into account that not everyone likes every balance update/change and alike, but all together does and will try to focus on the wider player base once determined what is the best action to take regarding the issue/s that may arise and how is best to solve them.

Here's The Issue I Have With The Testing/Lab Rats Thing...

After 3+ Years Of Various Phases And Modes...Evolving, The Staff Should Really Consider Creating A PTR (Player Test Realm) Server.

Active Founder/Beta Players, Have The Most Actual "In Game" Battle Experience, Should Be Asked First. This Could And Should Be Used To The Game's Advantage.

Having A Place Where Players Who Have Helped Build And Establish This Game And Know It's History, Where They Could HELP, Spend Time Actually Testing New Battle Modes And Providing The Staff Feedback...

BEFORE A New Phase Or Battle Mode Launches. It Should Not Go LIVE With So Many Potential Problems, Like An Unfinished Product.

I Don't Want To Overly Attack The Current Testers, But They OBVIOUSLY Did A Mediocre Job At Best, Not Anticpating Some Glaring Problems That EVERYONE Is Currently Experiencing.

And In Their Defense, The Testing Pool Is Very Small, And Does NOT In Any Way Represent The Vast Skills, Battle Styles And View Points Of The Ed Community.

Many Other Games, Including Artix's Own AQW... Have And Do Use This To Their Benefit.

I Understand, It's Too Late Now, But Considering This (PTR) For The Future, Would Be Wise And In Everyone's Best Interest.

Long Time Paying Customers And Newer Players Should Not Have To Experience This Again And Again, The Constant Adjustments And "Trial And Error" Ways.

Honestly, It's Not Professional And There Are Many Players Like Myself, Who Have Been Here For Years, And Would Be Willing To Help For Free.

A Wasted Resource In My Opinion = US

And Now We Are Used, Against Our Will So To Speak, To Test It Anyways, At The Expense Of Our Records, Our Credits And Our Varium.

Not Cool.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 2/7/2013 6:27:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 533
2/7/2013 13:23:56   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
Patch will launch Friday with several fixes, and some initial balance adjustments. Stay tuned for details.

Heads up for tomorrow!
AQ Epic  Post #: 534
2/7/2013 13:29:34   
King Helios

quote:

8:41 P.M. E.S.T.: OMEGA IS LIVE epicduel.artix.com/play-now/
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 535
2/7/2013 13:31:45   
DunkThatOreo

Buffy explained it all. It almost seems like you guys are blind of whats been going on for three+ years.
Epic  Post #: 536
2/7/2013 13:33:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Or perhaps, we don't care as much? Buffy was investing into the game either way despite not liking it, based on the posts so y'know. We have our own views as well, you cannot force one view to be 100% right and tell everyone to believe in it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 537
2/7/2013 13:35:04   
DunkThatOreo

^That comment was directed to the staff not to the community.
Epic  Post #: 538
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Play-By-Play - Feb. 5, 2013
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition