Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Update Feedback

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Update Feedback
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2013 9:39:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

there is a way to counter strength abuse mercenaries but it takes the fun out of the game because you need to be forced to use this particular build or class in-order to get decent amount of wins, stat abusers should get penalized, because if they don't then majority of us will be forced to become what they are.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
2/9/2013 9:44:08   
Stabilis

Penalization is actually not a good thing, if you notice, it caters to Focus.
AQ Epic  Post #: 277
2/9/2013 9:45:13   
IsaiahtheMage

IMHO Credit Prices still need to be fixed quickly, despite the HP/MP buff. The prices are completely ridiculous! It takes like 1500 credits to retrain with a new build. Not to mention adding the cores in also cost a ridiculous amount. If you fully equip all passive and active cores, that would cost 56,000 credits. Not to mention even more if you want to replace some cores with new ones, and if that new core doesn't work out and you wanna go back to your old one, you would have to re-buy it again. Therefore in total you would spend 56,000+ just to fully retrain with a new build and cores. That's an insane amount of Credits. Just because we can farm NPCs now for an unlimited amount of time and keep gaining credits still isn't all that great. Because NPCs have been buffed, we have been nerfed, and now luck is going crazy in the game. I've also noticed all of the gear/weapons in-game all cost a whole lot more as well. When you sell an item you don't even get 50% back anymore.
AQW Epic  Post #: 278
2/9/2013 9:46:11   
theholyfighter

quote:

It takes like 1500 credits to retrain with a new build.

Now it costs 650.
AQW Epic  Post #: 279
2/9/2013 12:18:44   
Hun Kingq

Only two Blood Mages bragging that they get 83%+ win rate but so far I have seen the highest win % on the leader boards at 77% for Blood Mages so unless we can verify your win % by getting to the top of the leader board and with you high win % you should have won the daily champ.

Well with the tiny fix there have been some improvements but more has to be done to bring some sense of balance before they can even consider starting the tournament.

The energy shot core skill either needs to inflict damage or not put the side arm in cool down sine the amount of energy reduction is based on side arm damage because I always get 15 energy reduction on the opponent that would be 60 damage, then when I get to use the sidearm I don't even get close to 60 damage. Because if Concussive Shot can do damage and put one of the three highest level skills in cool down why can't the energy shot does damage as well as taking energy?

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 2/9/2013 12:31:00 >
Epic  Post #: 280
2/9/2013 14:26:33   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

there is a way to counter strength abuse mercenaries but it takes the fun out of the game because you need to be forced to use this particular build or class in-order to get decent amount of wins, stat abusers should get penalized, because if they don't then majority of us will be forced to become what they are.

For the most part, you are correct. But I have found a Tactical Merc build that puts most strength mercs begging for (merc)y. I established this build on my alt, right after the so called 'balance' update. My alt's name is uij, and heres the build.
(centers around focus tech)

Health: 91
Energy: 70
Strength: 45 +17
Dexterity:50 +8
Technology: 58 +30
Support: 46 +16

Primary: 15-18 +35
Sidearm: 15-18 +35
Auxillary: 15-18 +35
Robot: 14-18 +12 +30

Defence: 19-23 +7 (+10 hybrid armor) = 36-40 total
Resistance: 29-35 +3 = 32-38 total

skill tree:
5 1 max
0 3 0
max 2 0
5 1 0

Cores:
Generator
Spreadfire(locked)
Energy shot
Concussive Shot
ninja reflexes

Idea: When a merc uses strength build, once they get energy to the berserker amount, or really close, use energy shot, if they have generator and use it, atomic smash. If atomic Smash blocks, and if he hasnt already used berserker, use concussive shot for a chance of getting rid of it. Other than that you also have a fun build for high robo damage, and moderate other damage.

< Message edited by DeathiZClarity -- 2/9/2013 14:35:55 >
Post #: 281
2/9/2013 14:44:50   
isaiahfish90

Sorry but im not going to waste my day getting 500 1v1 wins, i only play about 2-3 hours a day... but that is going to change to 30 minutes a day soon if not fixed.
Post #: 282
2/9/2013 14:48:12   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

@Isaiah

Me neither. Thats why I don't bother going for championships, although its fun to try to get on the leaderboards for the first few minutes.
I play epicduel in my freetime, but yeah, it might change soon if the strength abuse doesnt tone down.
Post #: 283
2/9/2013 14:53:55   
isaiahfish90

@Death

Exactly! Also idk why he thinks that to have a high w/l you need to win daily champ... If i play 100 battles and get an 83% thats 83 wins. On average that about what I play. Problem is I win slowly. The guys with 77% and lower play 500-2000 battles a day. Sure they play battles in 2-3 turns but they lose more that way.
Post #: 284
2/9/2013 15:07:49   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

@Isaiah

Yup, infact, just yestarday I played about 200 battles total, I only lost 5 of them, thats 97.5% win rate. You just gotta know the right builds, to counter the most common builds atm. STRENGTH and SUPPORT. The build i mentioned early also does good with support builds, Surgical strike takes away 50% of rage, and i can take energy from reg mercs so they cant use multi. Techmage's however, are challenging with my build.
Post #: 285
2/9/2013 15:35:36   
superbat67

ya im a low level support merc. taking a break from my main BH account until everything gets balanced. http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=vCSDFDsfvwd
i barely lose now and i can take on high levels or people who abuse dex and tech easily because i can rage in two turns (Adrenaline passive 5) and with max artillery and destroy them. If their strength spammers i just use my lv. 5 intimidate and they get easily killed. The game just got a whole lot easier
plus attacking first almost all the times. (except for other support abusers u have to abuse support more and get first turn to kill me or ur really high leveled or a BH

< Message edited by superbat67 -- 2/9/2013 15:38:23 >
Post #: 286
2/9/2013 15:42:30   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

@Above
Yes, at low lvls it is hard to beat a support build merc, but once you reach lvl 29-35 Focus builds torchure support/Strength abusers. Well, MY focus build anyways.
Post #: 287
2/9/2013 16:17:40   
isaiahfish90

Yes my strategy tortures mercs and tech mages, but bounties dispatch me about 55% of the time.
Post #: 288
2/9/2013 17:57:45   
darkllord233
Banned

We want more EASY Missions because this missions are very hard 300 PvP Wins is very much and you said NPCs will have auxiliaries....where is that?we want new achievements and recompense for all we do

You said Bounty Hunter Tech Mage and Mercenary will be revamps and will have new skills...where is that?we want and more new classes and weapons are expensive on credits than they were before and we want to change name and with credits not only with varium

Why you can't keep promises?why is so hard to keep your promises?we want more free or cheap weapons

Why you put 70 energy at every class?is very much guys...we want less energy back

Please respect my opinion and make like me because 70 energy is VERY MUCH

We want to be easy to play in juggernaut battle because now is very hard

We want more entertainment and enjoy

There's an edit button for a reason. Instead of making quadruple+ posts in a row, use the edit button if you wish to add something. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/9/2013 19:10:37 >

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
Epic  Post #: 289
2/9/2013 18:05:11   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

They already said they will not provide a name chance credit only option, its a luxury to be able to change your name, plus it doesnt help you in battle. (I dont even see why you need a name change, my alt's is UIJ, lol).
Post #: 290
2/9/2013 18:21:13   
xxmirxx

i am happy with 70 i was hoping they make hp back to gain of 2 then would be better.
AQ Epic  Post #: 291
2/9/2013 19:31:11   
DeathGuard

Maul should have a 1 turn warm-up to prevent those maul + berzerker strength abusing builds.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 292
2/9/2013 19:46:41   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

quote:

Maul should have a 1 turn warm-up to prevent those maul + berzerker strength abusing builds.

I support that, but what about double strike? And if maul is 1 round warmup shouldn't berserker be 2?
Post #: 293
2/9/2013 19:54:56   
DeathGuard

That would exceed the nerf, taking in mind they prefer using maul to stun the opponent and don't miss berseker's damage, the 2 warm-up turn for berseker isn't needed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 294
2/9/2013 21:44:10   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

I stand corrected.
Post #: 295
2/10/2013 4:37:18   
RageSoul

I think there's another "phase beast" out there that's nearly equivalent to the "Lag Monster" ;it's making damage glitches , causing exceeding damage when debuffing a buff via , um , buffs , oh snap , this could be it!
AQW Epic  Post #: 296
2/10/2013 4:45:55   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

^ lol..YES, lets murder this baws. >:3
Post #: 297
2/10/2013 5:01:34   
Silver Sky Magician

Actually the current situation is the same as it has ever been for non-variums (the non-enhanced ones), just better. Looks like varium users are starting to feel how it is in our shoes :P

Not to say that improvements don't need to be made though, because they clearly do.
Post #: 298
2/10/2013 5:30:45   
darkllord233
Banned

You said about restock in Omega...where is this restock?

Sig removed. Please use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/10/2013 12:29:53 >
Epic  Post #: 299
2/10/2013 6:25:02   
Jekyll

The restock happened DAYS ago, when Omega was launched. In fact, there were two restocks as mentioned by Nightwraith on Twitter, and I believe they catered to 2 different timezones.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Update Feedback
Page 12 of 17«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition