Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Problem About the Item Price!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Problem About the Item Price!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2013 6:28:29   
thewestloner1234

To Moderators,Admin and Supporters

Lots of players are struggling to get credits at the first place, then the new prices shows up in "MY HEAD GOES WHAT!!!" If you guys going to increase the Prices You also should increase the Credits that we will win in 1vs1 2v2 and all kinds of Things that make's you earn credits. I am Not trying to be the boss around I am Currently Just suggesting.

Good Day to all of you!

Play Aqworlds Now!

http://aqworlds.com/
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 1
2/11/2013 6:32:20   
DeathiZClarity
Banned

The point of the high-credit is to still encourage people to buy variums, so epicduel can still make money.If credit prices were still low, they would make next to no money. What i do is I get basic, simple, beginner items, and upgrade them to lvl cap, its way for cost-efficiant.
Post #: 2
2/11/2013 6:46:46   
TRizZzCENTRINO

this post from lycus may help explaining:
quote:

Just a few points on this:

Firstly, as a general statement, there are two things that make this game work and allow it to run; in-game currency being purchased and people spending time to play the game. Up to Omega, for the most part, we tried to reward those who played a lot, but did not pay, but with the Varium gap it was very hard to do so. Now in Omega, the gap is much, much smaller and Non-Varium players can get almost every single item in the game/feature in the game, Varium becoming a time saver and therefore we have to set credit prices at a price that means people have to earn through quite a bit of time playing.

We allowed this in multiple ways, NPCs are now unlimited, you can earn as many credits as you want off them, it just takes time! NPCs reward a lot of credits. We have halfed the price of retraining as well as item re-stat costs as of yesterdays patch and as a bonus, allowed Non-Varium players access to almost every item in the game, with a few exceptions.

I have used this analogy before and I personally feel this reflects this very well:
I am sure most of you have played a Pokemon game in your lifetime, those who have will know that when you start the game and progress through the game, you have two choices: Invest time into training in the wilds to get your Pokemon up to as higher level as possibly, making beating trainers and gym leaders easier, giving you money to purchase potions etc.; or you can simply go full in and try to just ride through the game in as little time as possible going from one gym leader to the next, usually getting annoyed by the random wild battles and running. With the first style I mentioned, you get the strongest Pokemon, the strongest moves, the revives and potions needed to survive in battle. However in the latter scenario, you struggle to keep up with the growing power of trainers and gym leaders, end up trying to depend on super-effective moves instead of level advantage, you may earn enough for potions, revives and pokeballs by doing this, but you'd always struggle through the gyms and trainers, since your pokemon would almost always be the same or lower level than their's. All this is despite the fact that Wild pokemon give you less exp and less credits than trainers, but the time you invest is what gives you the huge advantage.

Now you may be wondering why I'm going on about Pokemon, however ED is very much the same concept now. You can plow on through trying to simply win PvPs, do as minimal NPCing as possible, because it gets tedious and is not as fun, but at the same time, you will not have enough to gain the top level stuff nor purchase everything you want, possibly not even enough to retrain or restat. Or you can invest that extra bit of time to farm NPCs, despite the fact it gives less than players, it allows you to get stronger with time, while not effecting your win record, and is there as an unlimited source of credits, just like the wild pokemon in Pokemon.

If we made it too easy to gain enough credits to purchase everything, no one would purchase Varium and the game would be forced to shut down. So we have to create a balance between Varium and the time it takes to gain the credits to purchase something. May be we could do with changing some of the credit costs or rewards, Omega has only just been released this past week, we are still going over everything and changing things where needed - however bare in mind that time spent online helps us just as much as people purchase Varium, so we are encouraging people to make the choice, time or money, the two things we NEED to keep the game running. We felt the old structure put too much pressure on people to pay, so now we feel it is best to give a fair option! NPC credit rewards are dependent on the level difference between yourself and the NPC in question, so if you want more credits, try to find a build that works for an NPC higher level than you, it may help things go faster :) that is the other thing, builds save time, if you find a fast farming build, you will possibly save more time, depending on how many credits it takes to find a build that works!

so you either spend time and be patient to get the item you want or purchase varium to get the item straight away, this is a game but it is also a business, this is not one of those free online mini flash game you find on the internet, it is a big game and they need to pay for the servers, if credit prices were any lower, this game would be forced to be closed down.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/11/2013 11:48:10   
Shaden

quote:

The point of the high-credit is to still encourage people to buy variums, so epicduel can still make money.If credit prices were still low, they would make next to no money. What i do is I get basic, simple, beginner items, and upgrade them to lvl cap, its way for cost-efficiant.

I highly doubt ED needs money that badly, considering that they made every varium item available for credits. You would be better off thinking ED is not quite a P2P game yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/11/2013 12:11:21   
G4m3r

I think I found the problem to this war...
I will do a new thread with a interesting thing that can balance a little more the game and the concept of "farming".
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Problem About the Item Price!
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition