Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: '14 Days of Hell'

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: '14 Days of Hell'
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2013 12:30:27   
Melbourne

Ummm I don't even know what to say about that suggestion, sorry
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
2/26/2013 12:40:59   
ansh0

Would prevent people from jumping to the next OP class ASAP.
Epic  Post #: 102
2/26/2013 12:48:15   
Mother1

Asho

We already have a way to prevent people from class jump in the forum of the expensive 50K credits and the cheap but money taxing 0.9K varium. Besides I have to agree with everyone who said no. Some people want to try out classes so to test the class out, or try different builds with that class. this would really throw a money wrench into that.
Epic  Post #: 103
2/26/2013 12:50:26   
ansh0

I guess, what about 2 weeks.

You really should at least play a class for 2 weeks if you changed to it.

Epic  Post #: 104
2/26/2013 13:07:15   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Well, over last weekend, I made just over 15k.. and I'm making 3-7k per day weekdays.. So it wont be that long till I switch
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
2/26/2013 15:17:11   
Drianx

quote:

The reason is firstly because, people are playing day to day just to get this Yeti and some people that are complaining are people that don't have time to play to get the Yeti.

The second reason is there will always be an OP (Or Copying builds). I've seen it way too many times. Most people will go to the OP build and get wins. So there is no reason to cancel the tournament.

You got it wrong. people are complaining because the tournament promotes quantity over quality.
AQW Epic  Post #: 106
2/26/2013 15:19:25   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

What do you mean? Can you explain in easy english.

What kind of quantity? The 100 people on Yeti Leaderboards?
Epic  Post #: 107
2/26/2013 15:27:00   
Mother1

@ hulk

This contest is just bascially rewarding the top 100 players who can get the most points in a 2 week period. You get your points from battles so this is no different then any of the other daily leaderboards other then it is collective over 14 days.

A real tournament would be where anyone could win be it casual or hardcore not hardcore players who go for fast wins. That is what he means I believe.
Epic  Post #: 108
2/26/2013 15:29:15   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quantity is amount of mins you can gather
quality is how good you are

So he says it is a tourney that promotes the players who can be online more then players which are actually good in this game
Epic  Post #: 109
2/26/2013 16:41:13   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

What do you think of teh GYT so far? Do you find it unfair? Are you struggling?

Please Discuss!

I'm just barely getting above the needed points daily :S

There can only be one victor.
Member: 8 Years and running

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/JwmQVy_Ekfk/maxresdefault.jpg

AQW Epic  Post #: 110
2/26/2013 16:54:12   
Mother1

Not really since I started from the beginning and I am going strong. last I checked I was in 46th place on the LB.

Even with all the OP builds and azreal's promo (new not the old one) owners I am still holding my own.

Also as I said before once you get a good spot on the leaderboard it will take for you to fall out of the LB. So for me when I go to sleep and wake back up and log on I find that I only lost 6 places at the most and 2 at the least.

Epic  Post #: 111
2/26/2013 16:54:45   
Mondez

Even though I don't have a ticket, I do promote fair play and while the balance patch didn't balance anything and it just made abusing worse. I love fair play, but when you have most of the top rankers have "copy" support builds I believe this needs to be taken account in preparation for the next tournament to create a fair environment in terms of gameplay.

The tournament right now is okay though that balance issue still itches my eyes.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 2/26/2013 16:56:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
2/26/2013 20:37:23   
  Exploding Penguin

I feel that if there should be another tournament, it should be based more off of win rates; because of the short amount of time that I can play every day, I'm forced to use support and stat abuse builds which 2-hit KO many opponents just so I can manage to stay in the top 100 given I have to sacrifice 20 hours per day to important things like sleep and academics, and I only get to play 2-3ish hours per day. My current win rate is just below 70% at 69.2% (from the 1v1 lb today), and I'd actually prefer using my own builds but they always take too long and stand no chance if I want to be in the top 100. Overall, this "tournament" was a huge disappointment, particularly since it lasts far too long as well as valuing play time over true strategy and skill.
Epic  Post #: 113
2/27/2013 0:56:17   
Sir Xander

I think they should give the top 100 the golden yeti and take their ticket away, then host another Golden yeti Tourney that is much shorter AFTER they make it less Support focused. Also they should have a tax on the top 10-50 players so we dont have the Quantity over quality.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
2/27/2013 0:58:13   
Vagaran

Why should tey make ANOTHER G.Y.T when there will only be 100 Golden Yeti's anyway?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 115
2/27/2013 1:01:23   
Sir Xander

Then maybe not a Golden yeti, but a bronze? or some other type of prize, but I seriously feel a tad ripped off by this bloody tournament. If you wont conform to the "Support wins all" build, you have basically lost this tournament from the beginning. Also, the combination of the Azrael gun/aux and high support mages is unbeatable in most situations, and highly unfair.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
2/27/2013 1:08:35   
Mother1

@ sir xander

you know this isn't going to happen. From what I read of Rabble's post they are using this as a learning experience for the future tournaments like they did with frostland and Infernal wars.
Epic  Post #: 117
2/27/2013 1:11:09   
Sir Xander

But it makes me feel better to rant about it. and who knows, Maybe they will have a change of heart and actually fix this.

< Message edited by Sir Xander -- 2/27/2013 1:14:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
2/27/2013 1:22:19   
Vagaran

I would say a participation cheevo (Smackie El Frogie cames with a great name for it; "Not so Yeti?") would be great for everyone who tried the G.Y.T but lost. But I agree, launching the Tourney alongside a balance release was terrible. I'm a abuser myself thanks to all those abusers <_< Whoever started this is so smart to make an abusiv build.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 119
2/27/2013 1:29:43   
ReconnaisX

@exploding penguin

If there was a tournament based off of win %, you could just enter it and win one battle. Bam: 100% win rate.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
2/27/2013 1:49:40   
Aceplosion

14 days of hell huh...
Well on the first day I was pretty pumped I was like bam 16th place..
and then honestly I haven't touched epicduel since then... probably won't play again until the tournament is over..
you know how epicduel likes to let people live at 1 hp now? Well I was going to go for the finishing hit and my game disconnects...really hope that never ever happens again as I lost to a lvl 30 when I had full hp..
plus fighting one build per class really just isn't fun.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
2/27/2013 1:59:04   
Mother1

@ ace

This is nothing new. It has happened to many of us when we are about to deliver the finishing blow the game boots us due to problem within the game, or a group of people trying to enter a packed server resulting is someone getting booted.

I doubt this will ever change, but yes it is extremely annoying.

But on the note of places as long as I can hold a spot in the top 100 until the end I am happy. Thought those support abuse builds that pop up sometimes in pairs make it hard.
Epic  Post #: 122
2/27/2013 14:30:04   
  Exploding Penguin

@ReconnaisX: No durr, I realized that already. My suggestion was vague, and since it seems I should explain more now.

-Tournament places are based off of win %
-There are tiers of wins, starting off at minimum 300 wins and increasing in increments of 150 wins. The highest tier is at 900+ wins in 5 days
-Tiers are 1v1, 2v2, and Jugg.
-The top 10 players from each tier gain rewards (or win)
-The higher win tier, the larger the reward. However, if you have 451 wins, you are no longer eligible for the rewards for the 300-450 win tier
-You must have at least 50 more wins than the previous tier to be counted as participating in the next tier. (Hence, the 450-600 win tier actually only has participants from 500-600 wins) This will prevent the 1st place of the previous tier to move into the next tier with a single fight, whether it be a win or loss, without gambling their winning rates.
-The tourney lasts less than a week, optimally about 5 days or even less.

What do you think? I feel it's a much more accurate measure of players' skill, while still retaining the win quantity benefits.
Epic  Post #: 123
2/27/2013 14:35:52   
Mother1

@ exploding

That sounds good. However if balance is messed up what is stopping someone from getting to the highest tear quickly without using any relative skill? It would be different then it is now since they will just use these builds to get get as far as they can, and then stop when they have little to no time left.

Balance needs to be brought back before this would work since everyone who won't use a OP spam build will be crushed with brainless op spam builds.
Epic  Post #: 124
2/27/2013 14:59:59   
DunkThatOreo

The tournament is a joke. Its a good start I guess but hopefully in the future there will be different kinds of tournaments
with specific requirements so no one build rules the leaderboard going on at once. That would make epicduel alot more fun in my opinion. The only thing thats
really cool about this game is the artwork. Nightwraith and Charfade have created some pretty sick weapons.
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: '14 Days of Hell'
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition