Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Support Mercs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Support Mercs
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2013 12:33:34   
Sir Caden

I am so annoyed this Mercs are OP they start and win every game they play since they're berzerker has been nerfed they go to high support This cannot be really happening Not Today.....

To Fix make their Multi move increase with Dex and this problem will be solved
Epic  Post #: 1
2/27/2013 12:39:05   
Mondez

@Sir Caden
There are a ton of threads on this issue already and my advice is to look at some of them plus on the general discussion I have a thread called "Crazy Builds" that would help you combat support abusers because a ton of players showed off their strategy against support abusers.

Here's another advice, level up healing and save up for a yeti. ;3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/27/2013 12:45:13   
Sir Caden

I have the Omega Baby Yeti already
Epic  Post #: 3
2/27/2013 17:03:22   
  Exploding Penguin

Increase your max HP, hope that they don't crit (9/25 chance of them getting a crit on you in the first 2 turns given they aren't using the crit core), and just heal them out. I'm a support merc, and I can say I win insanely fast, but my win rate is a pathetic 60-75%.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/27/2013 17:04:15   
midnight assassin

They are beatable with high energy draining skills.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/27/2013 17:11:12   
  Exploding Penguin

Yes, I have lost to pretty much every single hunter who was capable of taking more than 40 energy from me in a single turn. I don't understand how people say that support is OP when they're going around making low defense 100 HP builds and don't bother to even notice the combos that could be set up with azrael's will. Try changing your own build before multiple times before simply assuming that a class is OP because you can't change your build to beat it.
Epic  Post #: 6
2/27/2013 17:21:35   
Sympleton

There are builds that counter support mercs. Might I suggest a dex mage? In fact, almost all tanky builds give support mercs trouble.
Epic  Post #: 7
2/27/2013 18:17:06   
  Exploding Penguin

not particularly, stun chance of dex casters is a puny 12% chance, and if they don't stun I eventually win. Those tank TLM surgical builds typically lose to me too, I use aux, multi, generator, azrael's will/heal, then rage multi again.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/27/2013 19:30:20   
Fortitudo

Since the yeti tournament has begun I have yet to have a 2v2 without a support merc. Sometimes there are 3 in one match. =O
Epic  Post #: 9
2/28/2013 2:03:14   
Sir Caden

I beat them 2 out of 5 I dont have high health

I have this

3-1-1
0-Max-0
5-1-0
1-0-Max

And I beat them

Primary Dragon Buster 2
Gun: Hazard Blaster
Aux:Lighting Rod

Epic  Post #: 10
2/28/2013 2:57:41   
Giras Wolfe

I just 2 hit them with azrael's will.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/28/2013 5:18:19   
midnight assassin

Your class btw?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/28/2013 5:36:29   
Luna_moonraider

pfft support builds are easy to kill if u have the right build for example a tech build on a bh can easily destroy a support merc. yeti bot can get rid of their zooka.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/28/2013 5:47:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Problem is that it shouldn't be one build or one item having to be necessary to beat them. You should be able to beat them without Yeti or with different build than Tech BH.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/28/2013 9:50:02   
Remorse

^ Exactly!!

Trans is right,

They need to vastly increase viable counter options.

Destroying options, with shield destroyers (azreal aux and borg etc.) and adding even more aggressive quick build options (azreal will) obviously isn't gonna help balance if its moving away from what they need to move towards and that's counter option encouragement.

I see it as they either start creating intelligent and balance fixing defense cores or this game reaches an all time low.

They also need to consider postponing and balance changing of every single aggressive core they have released or plan on releasing.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/28/2013 9:51:05 >
Epic  Post #: 15
2/28/2013 17:05:02   
IsaiahtheMage

It's even worst at low levels, I like using my lvl 25 Support Merc and I am literally pwning in 2v2. I get at least 2 crits per match, usually on my aux and multi. Or at least 1 crit on my aux, it changes every match. I win insanely fast, or I die insanely fast. I don't have a very good win/lose ratio either, I figured this is how our build works.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/28/2013 18:10:53   
nooooooooob

i just seen a merc whit support:151+32
this has got to stop
Post #: 17
3/1/2013 2:11:21   
Dimentic

Imo, supp/str cybers are way stronger than supp mercs and much harder to counter.

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Dimentica!
Epic  Post #: 18
3/1/2013 2:13:02   
King Helios

^ I hate those guys. YOu need supp merc to beat them.

(Post #200,000 on this forum! :D!)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/1/2013 3:47:06   
Darkwing

the support merc are crazy, one of them got rage in second turn. I din't even know you could get a rage in second turn, that's....
they are not much of a problem. if you can tank their bazooka and multi...they are easy prey
Post #: 20
3/1/2013 22:13:00   
av83r

Agreed. Mercs are way over powered now compared to mages.
Post #: 21
3/1/2013 22:25:33   
Goony
Constructive!

Support mercenaries are just after quick wins, they are in most cases pretty easy to counter and the last update reduced damage of auxillaries. Also there is a new core to reduce crit damage and the yeti chomp special is an incredibly effective way to stop them using the auxillary on rage.

When it comes down to builds that can beat them, most 5 focus and tanks will do well against them, but if you are another stat abuser then they will probably beat you more often than not unless you deflect auxillary and are lucky enough not to get criticalled by them!

Btw, is there any other viable build for merc?
Epic  Post #: 22
3/1/2013 23:05:50   
  Exploding Penguin

I am astounded by the fact that so many people make the inaccurate and unfair assumption that a build with a 65%-75% win rate is OP compared to a focus BH with a near 90% win chance (which barely anyone complained was OP), and thus forced the staff to nerf support mercs to a point where they're very hard to play as now without good luck. I believe it is impossible to gain rage by turn 2, but it is most definitely possible to gain rage by turn 3.
Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Support Mercs
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition