Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2013 21:26:03   
rayniedays56

@ TRANS and HUN

8% isn't game changing. It is merely 4-8 damage at BEST. So...doing a ridiculous amount simply isnot possible, as I noticed.

**btw, thxs Trans for correcting my math xD I'm more of an English girl :P**

I do use the armor core though. It is nice to get SOME less damage from crits.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
3/2/2013 21:27:49   
King Helios

I like my 4% block chance, because my BL can regain the extra damage from crits. I also have Lucky Strike (+2%) on my sword.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
3/2/2013 22:05:59   
SouL Prisoner

@Smackie. What if you're opponent has energy shield and you use phy aux to remove buff, then ?? Not neccessary which ever kind of buff you're opponent has, you will use the same type of aux....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
3/2/2013 22:40:23   
edwardvulture

Spreadfire can be used multiple times each battle?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 129
3/2/2013 22:43:33   
Hun Kingq

Here I am using varium to test the new core skill to bring back information but get bashed for it, if there is no noticeable difference it is not fine it was a waste of good effort programing and a waste of testers time.

I did the math before I posted the first time on this new skill core and that is why there is nothing but cons.

Math does not make a flip of difference if the reduction is so low it is considered ineffective to waste varium or credits on.

Here is what the design notes say
"Nanosteel Armor: Critical hits getting you down? This passive armor core effectively reduces the damage reduction of all critical hits inflicted on your character!"

So if there is no noticeable reduction then it does not effectively reduce the damage reduction of critical strikes.
Epic  Post #: 130
3/2/2013 23:02:49   
Stabilis

When they say effectively, I think they just mean that it works. Therefore no duct tape is required.

Then again, advertising something always uses glamour to raise the appeal. You are lucky they did not put sparkles on the cores.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/2/2013 23:03:34 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 131
3/2/2013 23:05:33   
Hun Kingq

They could have put sparkles around you since you see stars when hit by a critical strike at least something for the virtual money.
Epic  Post #: 132
3/2/2013 23:07:12   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Spreadfire can be used multiple times each battle?

Yes, as its a passive core.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
3/2/2013 23:21:14   
Thesoulweaver

Enjoyed the nerfs.

after all, the game isn't about winning every battle but finding a complex strategy which will help you
MQ AQW  Post #: 134
3/2/2013 23:55:48   
Silver Sky Magician

Hun Kingq, it's your own fault for using varium on something that costs a mere 7K credits.

And it's also your own fault for not reading the description thoroughly (8% off criticals' damage reduction) before getting the core. For a defense/resistance of 30-40, that's approximately 5-7 less damage for each critical. That's, if you didn't notice, just about as effective as the other armour passive cores.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 3/2/2013 23:56:57 >
Post #: 135
3/3/2013 4:35:31   
Vagaran

Is Hun King complaining about the Nanosteel Armor not reducing alot of dmg?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 136
3/3/2013 4:50:17   
King Helios

^Yea.

(Remember to donate!!)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
3/3/2013 7:28:34   
Thylek Shran

Buffing Blood Lust is a big mistake I think. It was strong even before the buff.
Today I played a mid level character and met alot BHs with high dex and low str
that ruled 1vs1 and 2vs2 with Multi and Blood Lust beside all those support mercs.
I dont understand why TMs got nerfed that heavily while support mercs still rule
at mid levels. And now BHs too.

If its about balance then Assimilation should get buffed. Technician could receive
BL because Reflex Boost has Reroute.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 138
3/3/2013 7:40:21   
drinde

But then, Reroute is centered around you TAKING damage, while Bloodlust is centered around DEALING it. With it as a bonus to Technician, the boost would have to be pretty small as it also ramps up the damage dealt through Overload and Plasma Rain.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 139
3/3/2013 7:56:37   
Calogero

I would like the Devs to take a closer look at Deflect - Block - Crits...

These seem to happen when you don't expect it... at all.

How can you use ' strategy ' when a 27 support TechMage crits Twice?
How can you use strategy when the stats you and your opponent have are about equal
yet you deflect multiple times without the Deflect Core?

Something fishy is going on and I'd like the Devs to take a closer look at it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 140
3/3/2013 7:58:30   
drinde

Aye, I'm feeling the Core's actual effects compared to the ones shown in the descriptions are a bit wonky as well. Maybe the script has something off?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 141
3/3/2013 8:30:13   
Hun Kingq

Whether I spent varium or credits it does not matter if the core skill not as effective as
they state then it needs to be looked at and improved before players decide to waste varium
or credits but you can't appreciate what someone does to get information to the players.

In those two instances

dex at 131: 35-42 with level 1 Reflex Boost and in gamma when it was easy to get dex at 101: 29-35
and have good strength and support when Artilley strike was over powered I survived two Aux strikes
and two Artillery strikes many times I won 2vs2 matches against the same levels by myself.

So not only the core skill is not that effective but something was changed.
Epic  Post #: 142
3/3/2013 8:32:52   
Vagaran

@Calogero

I agree, blocks seems to be out of control...and deflects...and crit...reall hate hen the opponent got one 1HP and he magically block with only 30 dex... while I don't block with 45+ dex...

@Hun King

The core clearly states "reduces crit by 8%", it's your fault for not reading that.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 143
3/3/2013 8:35:19   
Ranloth
Banned

He expects bigger results though, that's all. He doesn't realise that 8% less means that you take in 8 less damage per 100 defence (since you gain 8 more). So with 50 Def or Res, it's 4 damage less per each Crit. Since Crits can happen at any time, it adds up throughout the battle.
AQ Epic  Post #: 144
3/3/2013 11:08:05   
Hun Kingq

what they should do with the passive core skills are make them stackable since all are such a low percentage.

Read This
Nanosteel Armor: Critical hits getting you down? This passive armor core effectively reduces the damage reduction of all critical hits inflicted on your character!

If there is no noticeable reduction it does not effectively reduce the damage reduction of all critical hits.

How do we know if it is reducing any reduction because there is no set number of Critical damage so you can't really do the calculations so how can the testers really report if the damage reduction was effective enough?

You will say well take 8% and add it to it but how can say that is correct when you don't know what the total critical damage is ahead of time.

You could put the 8% and the critical damage you get in an equation and say the critical damage would have been this amount but that is only an assumed number.

I switched to Ninja Reflexes core skill and so far the amount of blocking is the same so that 4% does not make difference one match all what the player did was strike after strike not a single block.
Epic  Post #: 145
3/3/2013 11:35:08   
redclaw

@hun kingq
umm no ninja reflexes really does increase the block chances cause i too have tht core and it really helps when u face players with equal or more dex than you

AQW Epic  Post #: 146
3/3/2013 13:14:01   
JariTheMighty

Noticeable =/= Effective

quote:

How do we know if it is reducing any reduction because there is no set number of Critical damage so you can't really do the calculations so how can the testers really report if the damage reduction was effective enough?

If you don't believe it's reducing the damage done by critical hits, you CAN calculate it yourself.
If you know your defense range (which you do), if you know your opponent's damage range (which you do), and if you know the percentage that critical hits ignore armor (which you do (50%)), you can calculate how much the critical hit was capable or should have been capable of dealing damage.

If you then find out that your test results differ from the Nanosteel Armor core's said percentage of reducing armor ignored by critical strikes (8%), you should report it as a bug and maybe then the staff could do something about it.

Or if you find the word "effective" misleading, maybe you could suggest changing the description of the core so that it wouldn't include the word "effective" in it. Although if that were to happen then I would find the description misleading because I think the the ability of reducing the percentage of ignored armor by 8% is very effective.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 147
3/3/2013 16:53:29   
Hun Kingq

redclaw, nope all physical strikes are connecting one did 46 critical damage and I had way higher dex and she had moderate strength. One match a Bounty Hunter just did regular strikes not one block, don't for get you have hybrid armor I don't.

JariTheMighty, you can do assume calculations just like the paragraph above with my dex/tech build would you or anyone would have expected her to get 46 Critical damage on a force strike? You can't calculate critical damage because sometimes it is 3 points more than regular damage sometimes it 15 one merc got 61 critical damage in 1vs1 that was with total dex at 131: 35-42. Since no actual calculations can be done and no noticeable damage reduction then we can't rule it as a bug or not. The staff have to do additional tests on all the armor core skills.
Epic  Post #: 148
3/3/2013 16:57:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Hun, do a test battle with someone and do the math before hand and check in-game. Numerous tests will prove that it works. Crits provide big damage range when they happen so it's hard to spot it AND fact that you cannot notice it doesn't mean that it doesn't work. If I don't block, does that mean Dex doesn't work because I haven't blocked? Or deflections and the core; if I don't deflect, can I assume that it doesn't work as it should?
AQ Epic  Post #: 149
3/3/2013 18:12:39   
Thylek Shran

quote:

But then, Reroute is centered around you TAKING damage, while Bloodlust is centered around DEALING it. With it as a bonus to Technician, the boost would have to be pretty small as it also ramps up the damage dealt through Overload and Plasma Rain.

That would mean that Blood Lust is more powerfull than Reroute atm. Personally I think
that BL was even more powerfull than Reroute before the recent buff of BL.

BH and BM skills like Fireball, Plasma Cannon, Massacre and Multis also benefit from
Blood Lust so I dont see an argument against BL on Technician.

Reroute has the problem that it is very passive because it depends on the moves of the
opponents. Especially in 2vs2 it could be circumvented by attacking an opponent that
does not have Reroute first.

Blood Lust can be controlled active if someone with it plays offensive. It also prevents
the need to use Field Medic which makes it even more powerfull because you can safe
a turn where you mostly will receive damage which makes your Field Medic move much
less effective and gives the opponent additional rage points.

I would say that a possible BL on Technician should be equal in power with Reroute on
Reflex Boost. Reroute should always give a higher percent point bonus than Blood Lust
because of the mechanics that I have described. I would say that 1 health point is
more worth than 1 point of energy. Maybe this gets reflected by 99% of all characters
that have much more HPs than EPs.

At the moment its 12-30% for Reroute while its 13-27% for Blood Lust. So I think that
the former 10-24% for Blood Lust was much more balanced to Reroute than it is now.
A buff for Reroute to regain balance won´t be a good option because of the loop builds
problem (heal loop generally and Atom loop for TaM). The weakness in defenses for BM
and BH occurs in offensive builds and the lack of a passive armor. TMs have the same
problem. However all of these 3 classes that lack a passive armor can perform very
well with defensive or balanced 5 focus builds. Shadow Arts performs somehow as a
passive armor while BMs and TMs both lack defensive abilities.

To balance TM vs BH it would be good if Assimilation would be buffed or replaced by a
Tech Mage version of Shadow Arts that adds a bonus to deflect ranged attacks.
Venom Strike could be buffed because not many players use it due its lack in power.

Summary of my suggestions to balance TMs and BHs to each other:

- Undo the buff for Blood Lust
- Buff Venom Strike

- Add Blood Lust to Technician (equal in power to Reroute on Reflex Boost, so 3 % points less than Reroute on RB)
- Replace Assimilation with a reflective ability like Shadow Arts (Tech/Magic/Science Arts ?) OR buff Assimilation (unblockable and/or more drain)

When these two classes are balanced to each other all other classes could be balanced
in relation to them.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 3/3/2013 18:21:16 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 6 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition