Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Ban Emp OR Make EMP weaker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Ban Emp OR Make EMP weaker
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2013 5:02:22   
midnight assassin

Tbh and not to be bias, I need that emp to stop that high massacre,casters and high berzerkers as well so idk why nerf emp so badly.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/4/2013 7:19:12   
Silver Sky Magician

I agree with Giras Wolfe. Just what on earth are you doing while the opponent is doing all these non-damage moves?
Post #: 27
3/4/2013 14:31:08   
D4RKRAVEN

Well, Im a BH and against a player who has emp, they ruin my strategy completely! With bounty they have no way to regain energy exept generator, which dosent do enough. I think EMP should be removed permanently
Post #: 28
3/4/2013 14:42:03   
Mother1

@ hun

Oh sure so me and anyone else should be deal with a massacre attack, or another Strong skill an opponent has to not be a bully? Using energy drains is a tactical decision and at most you can have up to 3 energy draining skills (4 if you have a frost weapon and 2 if you are BM without a frost weapon)

It has been said many times before that you should have a back up plan for in case you get energy drained, and if you can't plan around that then it is no one's fault but your own. We should not be limited on our moves just because some people can't plan around this.

IMO any player who is willing to invest points into an energy drain skill should get a good energy drain skill not a weak one because others can't think of a way to counter it.
Epic  Post #: 29
3/4/2013 20:40:56   
Trifire

EMP isn't at all OP. like Mother said, find a back up plan or use a build that doesn't depend on mana.
Post #: 30
3/4/2013 21:50:52   
Hun Kingq

Mother1, last time I checked you are a tech mage and have reroute. Why should players have no choice in what kind of weapons or core they want to use? Why should they only choose cores that only drain low energy while EMP can take away more than 30? You can have all the backup plans you want but when they debuff you take away about all energy there is no backup plan after they take away all your energy than massacre you down to 0 due to the core skills did not take enough energy.

Just recently in 2vs2 a bounty hunter and a cyber hunter Emped my partner 4 times after we used generator the energy drain skill core only took 9 points of energy from each 9 points of energy does not make a difference.

Use energy drain is not tactical decision it is a low ball way to win, if they think they can't win against skills they it is quite clear they can't find a better build or just plan lazy to try and find another build.

Maybe Mother1 each match a cyber hunter/ Bounty Hunter EMP over and over again in each match and let see you back up plan with no energy.

The two choices blood mage have without using energy strength or support ad with strength or support their defenses and resistance is so that they are easily defeated.

Trifire, you are correct "EMP isn't at all OP" it is overwhelming, abusive, and intolerable anymore that is why many players are saying enough is enough something has to be done. each match a cyber hunter/ Bounty Hunter EMP you over and over again in each match and let see you have a back up plan with no energy.
Epic  Post #: 31
3/4/2013 23:23:46   
Mother1

@ Hun

I am sorry to burst you bubble but people play to win not play to give their opponent a chance to use their best moves and possibly lose. If I can shut down your build with energy drains I will do so and anyone else who can do this would do the same hun.

If you make a build that relies on energy and can't do anything else it is no one's fault but your own hun. You should never lock yourself into a corner hun and if you do that shame on you hun. Besides we both know that every build in not suppose to be perfect.

I myself have trouble with caster TM however I can still beat them even though it is hard. You need to do the same hun and beat your bane not complain about them using smart tactics to win.

I know you love blood mage, however this classes weakness is energy drains. Every class has a weakness hun and if your class didn't have this weakness then your class would be OP.
Epic  Post #: 32
3/5/2013 0:15:31   
Dual Thrusters

EMP Grenade on EMP Grenade

Or just use your skill cores and your char's muscle power to attack
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/5/2013 0:40:44   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

Well, Im a BH and against a player who has emp, they ruin my strategy completely! With bounty they have no way to regain energy exept generator, which dosent do enough. I think EMP should be removed permanently

Just EMP them back then strike it out. Its a timeless tactic.

quote:

both hunter classes has low cost unblockable cheap shot

Cheap shot isn't unblockable...exactly how long have you been playing epicduel?

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 3/5/2013 0:42:23 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/5/2013 5:49:23   
RageSoul

EMP isn't really a problem/OPed because even in the earlier times EMP is quite a build breaker , but the question is what about the ones that don't when they're facing nearly 100+ EP High-Mass CHs ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/5/2013 6:41:36   
Silver Sky Magician

^

They had better 3-hit KO the opponent then. But in all seriousness, I kinda pity those classes. Though I haven't seen a high-mass build that couldn't be destroyed with the EP drain core skills. They don't usually add that much extra EP.

Edit:
quote:

Just recently in 2vs2 a bounty hunter and a cyber hunter Emped my partner 4 times after we used generator the energy drain skill core only took 9 points of energy from each 9 points of energy does not make a difference.

So, Hun Kingq, the question is, again, what on earth were you and your partner doing when they weren't attacking or defending for 4 whole times?

EMP isn't a method to avoid fighting against skill. It's a method to avoid fighting against skills. Really, if you rely on your skills to the point of being fatally crippled by EMP, you don't have much skill.

Hun Kingq, you've been complaining about practically anything that can beat you, from EMP to Artillery Strike to robots. Is 90% of the game overpowered?

Posts merge. Please don't double post ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/5/2013 9:59:18 >
Post #: 36
3/5/2013 9:01:43   
priest_hidan

actually emps keep the balance... if you take them way there will be only one kind of build... that would be spamming massacre. i guess people who use massacre and use it to win fast have problem with emps... but otherwise its a good skill to prevent spamming.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/5/2013 9:57:05   
midnight assassin

quote:

actually emps keep the balance... if you take them way there will be only one kind of build... that would be spamming massacre. i guess people who use massacre and use it to win fast have problem with emps... but otherwise its a good skill to prevent spamming.

I highly agree with this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/5/2013 22:43:18   
Hun Kingq

Silver Sky Magician, we were attacking that what we were doing but it is quite clear that did not work. What else you think people do for four round just stand, use your brains.

Mother1, there should be no one skill that can destroy every build as stated by staff and the one skill that does is high energy drain skills, EMP,they also stated no one skill should be relied upon to win battles and that one skill has been high energy drain skills, EMP, they also stated if any one skill is too powerful and too abused than that one skill, EMP, will be dealt with. If they adjust dex and tech adjust the multis then I would not have to put so much points in dex and have a good (keyword) balanced build. When they adjust the blocking equation where dex matters and see blocks on blockable skills more often then I would be able to have a better chance in battle. If they make it where the amount of base defense and resistance a person has actually lessens the damage than matches would make a difference.

Since low energy drain skills according to the illogical ones that don't want any balance is good enough to help win matches than no one should have high energy draining skills, EMP, only lower energy draining skills.
Epic  Post #: 39
3/5/2013 23:33:57   
Mother1

@ hun

So let me get this straight. Are you saying that their shouldn't be any type of counters in the game? because guess what hun counters destroy/stop plans and from what you are saying there shouldn't be any counters in the game.

Emp is a counter Hun something that used for tactical decision in the game hun just like atom smasher and assimilation hun. Also Hun I have seen your last build sometime ago and that builds scream "EMP me because if you don't I will destroy you with my hi energy attacks."

The same thing happened with me sometime ago when I had my tech Merc with bunker and surgical strike. However the difference between the build I saw you use and my old build was that I made mine more flexible and didn't stick all my eggs in one basket where as the last build I saw of yours was once I run out of energy I am screwed so I better finish them before I out of it.

In other words hun if you are going to put your eggs in one basket (This means one stat) you are going to have to deal with the consequences if your opponent counters your build which it seems you don't want to deal with but would rather have the staff nerf or remove something so your build doesn't have a counter against it. Last I checked hun that isn't balance in the least.

Also on your last not hun you know why they made energy draining core? They made it so all classes would have a form of energy drain such as you got it blood mage which didn't originally have a way to drain energy.

Plus guess what hun? Even with these low level drains sometimes they aren't enough to counter which is where EMP comes in for hunters, and atom smasher comes for merc's. As a TM however I have to use these cores since assimalation will only do so I have to use better timing with my core then the merc's and hunter would.

Epic  Post #: 40
3/6/2013 7:06:31   
gangster a

in my opinion EMP is rarely used beacuse BH and cybers hardly rely on it cause they already can be devastating without it but compared to assimilation and atom smasher yes it is OP i think either buff the otehr 2 or make Emp damage go down
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
3/6/2013 7:44:19   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

Clearly you didn't get the implications of my statement. Since you obviously did attack, what I'm asking is how on earth you still lost after four free turns of attacking without fear of retaliation. If you didn't lose, then it's obvious that the EMP loop strategy failed and there's nothing to complain about.

EMP doesn't destroy every build, you know. It only destroys a small minority of badly crafted, overly EP-spam reliant builds, and is merely a mild irritant to most other builds. Many builds use EP, but for most of them, just one skill in the course of battle is sufficient. Any more simply enhances the build's efficiency and all-roundedness, but they're often not essential, and particularly not against EMP builds.
Post #: 42
3/6/2013 13:58:02   
santonik

That emp can destroy every energy strategy.
If im mage.BAM(1 emp.) BUM.(2emp) and mage is defenceles.
same is boynty. normally 1 BLAM(emp) need destroy all energys(2/3)at least.
That emp cant evaded or counter,always 100% hit
that why that needing new scaling.

Yes i remember that time when i have 173 energybuild.(YES IM PLAYING PUNKKI) that time 2 emp destroy my build easyly,unless i using 2 boosters. now here is much LESS energy.No boosters.Only generator.but emp damage is still same.That is big buff today in emp.
Epic  Post #: 43
3/6/2013 14:09:00   
Ranloth
Banned

With such Energy, no wonder they drain it. You did account for a strategy when it's drained, right? If you rely on it and are defenceless/weak without it, there is no problem here. Also Mage defenceless after EMP? I disagree. Don't rely purely on EP builds, these won't work if enemy as EP drain. Whether it's in form of cores or skills, or a mix of both.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
3/6/2013 14:09:40   
Coolkid1999
Banned

You people are stupid emp and atom smasher should not be changed who cares if u have no energy u can still strike gun aux or use robot
Post #: 45
3/6/2013 14:16:21   
Cookielord12

Use a strategy that that doesn't require energy. My energy is mainly for heals and shields and I'm doing fine.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
3/6/2013 21:21:22   
Trifire

My main build depends on energy to hit hard and with out energy I will be doing 3 dmg. With out EMP, my tank mage would be pretty hard to beat. Also, bounties don't have reroute and the cyber's static charge is a joke. EMP should stay the way it is. The best way to beat EMP, is to use a flexible and balenced build.
Post #: 47
3/6/2013 21:59:03   
Hun Kingq

If low energy drain is good for some (as some are saying) than low energy drain is good for all.

If you can't can't counter the high damaging skills and equipment with low energy draining core skills than you need to find a counter build.

A tank build does not work for the Blood Mage because the damage is too low with skills and weapons.

Support build is not that great because the damage from skills are low and only high damage weapon is Aux

Strength build for the Blood mage is not that great because fireball is too weak so you can only rely upon Bludgeon and side arm, Aux is too weak and and they can easily be defeat with energy and physical weapons and skills.

Tech build does not work because of low defenses weak Plasma cannon, weak supercharge, weak aux and sidearm.

Dex build does not work because Plasma rain is too weak, Overload you hope for a stun and you aux and sidearm is too weak.

5 focus does not really work because the points are so spread out your defense and resistance is too low to limit the damage you get hit with, skills are weak and weapons are weak, only thing you rely upon is the bot, malfunction and smoke will do you in.

No matter in what scenario two EMP or Two Atom smasher or the combo of two will cause you too loose the match especially in 2vs2.
Epic  Post #: 48
3/7/2013 2:18:14   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

5 focus does not really work because the points are so spread out your defense and resistance is too low to limit the damage you get hit with, skills are weak and weapons are weak, only thing you rely upon is the bot, malfunction and smoke will do you in.

Don't say what you don't know. With your build, no wonder you think that. I'm Focus 5 BM since I turned into BM few months ago and I could defeat the first version of Str abusers after the Omega release with my Focus 5. Now, I can do exactly the same but to more players. Smoke and Malf? That's why you invest some skill points into them rather than max EP-based skills, have low damage, and Lvl 1 BloodLust. Only because your build cannot defeat anyone, doesn't mean all others are crap since you have no experience in using them. YOU have lost to my Focus 5, won once due to either Crit or Deflection/Block. If it's THAT weak, how come you've lost? You've beaten Devs and you cannot beat mere Forum member?
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Ban Emp OR Make EMP weaker
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition