Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Malfunction issue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Malfunction issue
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2013 12:45:10   
Drianx

This has been suggested before, but I do it again, since it has been overlooked.

Malfunction should improve with a defensive stat, Dexterity - just like Smoke improves with Technology.

This is neither a nerf or a buff, but rather a fix.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/4/2013 12:49:07   
Mother1

Sounds like a balance issue to me to be honest. But to be honest it would be more of a nerf since Bounty hunters can nerf dex since they have smokescreen while for a support debuff you need either the delta gear (Not going to say omega gear because the debuff with this is random.

So it would be more of a nerf then a fix IMO.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/4/2013 12:50:35   
Calogero

Mother1

Smoke improves with Technology, Malf lowers Technology so in a way it would balance eachother...

As it is now, Malf can nerf Smoke but not vice versa

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/4/2013 12:53:36   
Mother1

@ calogero

Or they can make smoke improve with support so neither can harm each other. This way Smoke can get a buff, and Malf doesn't get a nerf.
Epic  Post #: 4
3/4/2013 12:57:38   
Calogero

TechMage Support Skills:

Defense Matrix
Malfunction
Deadly Aim ( doesn't improve it, it's just a requirement )

Bounty Hunter Support Skills:

Smokescreen ( what you are suggesting )
Energy Shield
Reflex Boost
Shadow Arts ( doesn't improve it, it's just a requirement )

Imo it would OP tank support builds

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/4/2013 13:05:59   
Mother1

@ calogero

Bounty hunter and tech mage already have a skill each that is weakened by their respective debuffs. Technician for Tech mage and Smoke for Bounty hunter. Changing malf to dex would be giving Bounty hunter 2 things they can destroy on TM with smoke.

But on another note this change would overpower dex builds TM as well. Since Malf overload and plasma rain would all improve with dex. A dex spammer would have a field day with this one. Have a malf do 40-50 removal, then a superstrong overload, and then followed by plasma rain. and since Technician improves with dex if needed dex spammers could use this to get a ton of tech as well.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/4/2013 13:08:38   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Yeah but what about the lack of energy. Your just going to get EMPd (By BHs, Guns,Mercs and maybe assimilation ) nd most likely do 3 damage since you have no energy.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 3/4/2013 13:10:03 >
Epic  Post #: 7
3/4/2013 13:32:00   
Remorse

You know what I support this.

Best way to stop power abuse with debuffs would be to make it improve with something non power related.

Plus malfunction improving with dex would actually be perfectly fine for most mages since dex is also a good stat to have high for mages.

I see it as a way to take out the abuse factor,

It may lead to some powerful dex builds BUT, they can be much more easily countered with energy drains then say and aux.
Epic  Post #: 8
3/4/2013 13:33:59   
ansh0

Not supported, TM is already nerfed to the ground and Malfunction got a nerf in the last patch.

< Message edited by ansh0 -- 3/4/2013 13:51:47 >
Epic  Post #: 9
3/4/2013 13:38:04   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Malf is already weaker than smoke, don't compare them.

Compleet nonsense.
It was stronger then smoke and it was made equal.

Give this a read:

quote:

Malfunction
This change brings Malfunction in line with Smoke Screen. Malfunction was stronger to account for the old, faster scaling of Resistance.
Technology debuff lowered by 3 at all levels

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 3/4/2013 13:39:23 >
Epic  Post #: 10
3/4/2013 13:51:22   
ansh0

^Oh, my bad xD
Epic  Post #: 11
3/4/2013 14:17:20   
Drianx

@Mother1
Too many skills improving with Dex on Tech Mage could be dealt with in a separate attempt.

@Blitzex
Malfunction was brought in line with Smoke only in amount of defense points lowered. This doesn't mean that having it improve with Support is a good fact. In my opinion these debuffs should be not be improved by an offensive stat. Just look at it like this: as Malfunction is improved by Support, imagine having Smoke being improved by Strength.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/4/2013 14:33:14   
Mother1

@ drianx

That is the problem with most ideas for balance. No one ever looks at the consequences or chooses to ignore them IMO. If they are going to do a balance Idea, have something in mind for the problems that can come up then and there Don't say "I will wait until the problems that I know will come show up come and then do something like that.

That is what happened when they nerfed strength and buffed support the week when the tournament started. Then support builds were running a muck. Then they nerfed supported and buffed Bloodlust which basically gave a buff to BH a class that didn't need a buff just because they shared the passive.

Before I get off topic too much my point is if you are going to make changes think think of the consequences first, and find a way to take care of those along with current problem instead of causing new problems.

Epic  Post #: 13
3/4/2013 14:40:41   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

which basically gave a buff to BH a class that didn't need a buff just because they shared the passive.

Uhh no, BH needed the buff as much as BM did mother.
Their wasnt any BH before this buff, why do you think it was like that, not because BH was doing well..

As Rabble said, they needed the buff, not just BMs.

Drianx
quote:

imagine having Smoke being improved by Strength

O_O, dont even want to think about that...
Epic  Post #: 14
3/4/2013 14:46:51   
Mother1

@ zeph

I was bounty hunter until I changed back into TM when I got the credits to do so. Plus I saw quite a few bounty hunters in my battles as one and as a Tech mage.

But my point was that it seems they never think of the consequences when they do a buff or nerf which most don't think off or just ignore and say "just agree with it and we can work out bug later when they come" even when they are pointed out. Drianx response to me is even more proof of that.
Epic  Post #: 15
3/4/2013 14:47:09   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

You can improve it with strength and have absurd strength builds with DA and energy primaries, relying on Bludgeon for physical damage. Use Tech and have absurd PB builds and maybe SuperCharge with it. You can have Dex and have Stun/Multi builds that can use Technician to cover their tech. You can have support which only improves DM and aux damage. Personally, I'd go with support because it's one unblockable attack every third turn and no offensive skills that improve with support whereas the others are either a couple unblockable attacks or a blockable attack every turn that will add up and fast and then an unblockable one every two turns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/4/2013 14:48:11   
Ranloth
Banned

To TMs having these Dex-improving skills & Dex Malf being bad: it can all be altered, simple as. Whether it'd be reversing Tech -> Dex change with SC and Multi, or something else.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Malfunction issue
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition