Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

match-ups

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> match-ups
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2013 15:29:46   
aurther13th

not sure if its from the new updates or just been happening more often to me an not others, but im kinda getting tired of being lvl 31 and 9 out of 10 matches being against lvl 35's. not only is this really annoying but im almost tired of playing. i think if they allowed 3 levels both ways, at 35 from 33-35, or at 20 from 18-22. or at least some sort of restriction at higher levels.
Epic  Post #: 1
3/5/2013 15:59:29   
Mother1

It isn't from update in fact it has been like this for the longest. Also they made it like this so that matches can be found quickly. But as for this idea this will hurt higher levels more since it will take them longer to find matches.

For lower levels there are more of them so it won't be hard but highers there are less. I sometimes have to wait 2-5 minutes to find a fight this would only make my wait longer.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/6/2013 2:28:42   
aurther13th

this may be true and waiting for a match to start would also be annoying but if you have 100 players join a day, an 50 quit in the first few hours due to uneven match ups and not being able to win very much, another 25 quit because they dont like they way the game is set up/not their kind of game, an 20 might like it a bit but after a week or less of playing straight just get tired of it you have 5 player growth a day, which wouldnt include already existing players quiting for some other reason, or just getting to lvl 35 an quitting and so on.
another example is i figured the reason to 'research' different gear is to get it for the stats and damage it offers, but since the update an they have changed gear completely i now have a weapon that i doubt i will ever use since it used to be lvl 30 locked an is usable now but not with the same effects.
Epic  Post #: 3
3/6/2013 2:43:03   
Ranloth
Banned

And that 50 and 25 quitting is at what level? 35 Levels and 100 players, that barely gives 3 per level on average. Balance is much closer than before so 5 level difference isn't that bad, especially if you go first which is when you'll catch up.

Ask players in-game if they don't mind waiting even longer for a match just so the level difference is made smaller. I'd rather have 5 difference and don't alter it. We all were at their place before but it was with enhancements and they had even bigger advantage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/6/2013 16:03:48   
aurther13th

so your saying that people would rather not wait as long an lose more often then wait a little longer an have the chance to win more? an i have never had to wait over 1 minute to get in a match, rather im on a server thats full or on one with 200 players.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/6/2013 16:16:08   
Ranloth
Banned

You =/= everyone. Unless everyone agree to longer waiting times, this cannot be done. If ED had more players and bigger servers, it'd be more feasible. Besides it's not that hard anymore to win against players above your level.. It's a LOT easier now. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> match-ups
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition