Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Bot
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2013 19:40:55   
AQWorldsFarmer

Know how yeti and assualt bots have both physical and energy versions?

Well, how about an energy version of IA (energy strike attack and physical special)

a physical pyro (only available to people who got pyrofly with the promo package)

an energy azrael bot. (only available to people who got the azrael promos)

an energy gamma bot (only available to people who bought gamma promos)

an energy version of bio borg (only available to people who bought bio promos)

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 3/25/2013 19:41:33 >
Post #: 1
3/25/2013 19:46:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Not every Bot needs to have Physical version. Especially Pyro, Azrael, Gamma and Bio Borg - it's giving them a free promo, since this wasn't in the offer and no one can get them anymore either. Assault Bot E and P exist because in Delta, F2P couldn't get a Bot but hope for Assault Bot drop from the Arcade. So Rusted one was added as PvP drop and in the shop for Credits so they can buy it.

Once Omega came, there was no Varium advantage anymore so Assault Bot (E) didn't have the bonus +2 damage it's had before & Rusted items concept didn't make sense since all items were equal, thus renaming both to E and P versions and making them equal. That's the only reason for it.

Yeti, on the other hand, is a bit different too. They have 2 types due to Omega Weapons being sold in Physical and Energy flavours.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/25/2013 19:48:54   
AQWorldsFarmer

I said available, not given.

It wouldn't be free, it would have a price. It would be like..an exclusive shop where they could buy the bot.
Post #: 3
3/25/2013 19:49:57   
Ranloth
Banned

Still, it's a free promo item exclusive to those who have purchased it. It wasn't included when the promo was out and neither would this idea go through since it's called false advertising.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/25/2013 19:52:10   
AQWorldsFarmer

^ explain to me the fouder bike?

They recieved it well after they bought their vars.
Post #: 5
3/25/2013 19:53:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Founder gift. You're adding items to already existing (rare) promo. Other phases will also be rewarded at some point in time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
3/25/2013 19:54:17   
AQWorldsFarmer

^

promo gifts.
Post #: 7
3/25/2013 19:56:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Gifts =/= altering existing promo. Gifts are for all the supporters, not specific packages. You are adding items into EXISTING promos. Gifts were given outside of promos and based on the phase, not the promo.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
3/25/2013 20:01:38   
AQWorldsFarmer

Ok so what about having an exclusive shop to players that bought a $50 package during the availability of the promo item?

or just adding the bots to the game. (people will complain that their giving away their rare bots in-game.
Post #: 9
3/25/2013 20:04:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Or keep it how it is. Not every Bot needs two versions. Assault Bot is excused since one was Varium-only and other was F2P, with lower damage than Energy one (Varium advantage). Promos as well in terms of Yetis; it'd not be fair for Physical promo to give Yeti and the other one being sold without it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/25/2013 20:24:58   
TRizZzCENTRINO

Quit arguing, trans is right, robots don't always need to have a physical and energy version and not to special shops that's available to those who bought the $50 pack, you got your varium and promo items and thats exactly what you paid for, there is no need for bonuses.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/25/2013 20:33:13   
sleddyboy3

Energy Gamma Bot doesn't make sense. It already has an energy attack.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 12
3/25/2013 21:32:47   
AQWorldsFarmer

@ slendy

I really didnt think of that. Doesnt the energy attack of gamma bot have a longer cooldown though? (I dont know, I never had it)

And no, I know we don't need a phy/energy version of all bots, but it would be fun and bring a variety of extra builds, just like how they have a physical version of assualt bot E.
They didn't have to, but they did.
Post #: 13
3/25/2013 21:36:38   
Ranloth
Banned

Nope, Gamma Bot has the same cooldowns for either of the attacks which is 3 turns IIRC (haven't used it myself in few months now).

Still, you don't get the point of Assault Bot P. It was made only because F2P did not have a Bot and Assault Bot (E) required Varium, so they were left with farming Arcade and hoping for a lucky drop. And Rusted one was a PvP drop as well & weaker than the Energy one due to Varium advantage. That's the reason behind the P version.

In addition, it won't provide bigger variety of builds.. People will just use other type and perhaps swap Aux or Gun to the opposite type so they have the balance between both types (for different enemies).
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
3/25/2013 21:39:09   
AQWorldsFarmer

quote:

Still, you don't get the point of Assault Bot P. It was made only because F2P

You are wrong here, sir.

They brought Assualt bot P into the game AFTER the release of omega.
They could have just made rusted assualt bot rare, but no, they added a physical version of assualt bot E.
Post #: 15
3/25/2013 21:48:40   
Ranloth
Banned

... Rusted Assault Bot was turned into Assault Bot P. Of course it was made after Omega release. The reason Rusted items are gone is the fact they don't make sense; their purpose was stepping-stone to normal weapons, so they were a bit weaker in terms of stats and damage than normal weapons but once Omega was out, all items were equal hence the concept of Rusted items was pointless. It was said by Devs already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
3/25/2013 21:51:41   
AQWorldsFarmer

^

I already knew that.

The point is, they re-introduced it into the game, why?

Becuase many players wanted a physical version for a more variety.

They could of kept it rare to reward the players that didn't get rid of it.
Post #: 17
3/25/2013 21:54:22   
Ranloth
Banned

No. It was because Rusted one was in-game and turning it into P version (and non-rusted, obviously) and then making it rare would be pointless and waste of already existing art. That's why it was re-introduced, not because of player request. >.> You realise original art was made prior to the Rusted version, since there has to be original concept before it was Rusted, right? So they took out the Rusted and put back the original in-game.

It only exists since it was F2P before. Making it rare is a waste of database space.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
3/25/2013 23:15:19   
Mother1

@ aqw

The only reason the phyiscal assault bot exists is because the staff wanted free to play to have a bot since they were complaining about not being able to have a bot. Especially since the arcade went away which was their only hope of getting a bot back then.

But back then as trans said it was called the rusted assault bot which was a weaker (in attack not effect) version of the assault bot. It was buyable for 14K credits, and was also a battle drop. Eventually when omega came the bot went rare for a short period of time, until they decided to bring it back and buff it up to the power of the energy version of the assault bot.

@ trans

I actually made a thread requesting that the bot be brought back some time ago, and Nightwraith responded saying it would be coming back.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 3/25/2013 23:16:42 >
Epic  Post #: 19
3/25/2013 23:27:04   
AQWorldsFarmer

Back to the basics of my post!

It was just a suggestion, not something that I required they implement.

You 'suggested' they bring back Rusted Assualt bot right, mother?

Anyways..

There are way less energy bots than there are physical (majority of energy bots have a counterpart physical version)

Just like with staffs, all energy except like, 15 or so. And most of the physical staffs have an energy counterpart version.
Post #: 20
3/27/2013 9:56:34   
aurther13th

not supported, having an IA with a normal energy and powered up physical would be cool but once again there isnt much need for it, especially since the big nerf IA got.
also on the other bots i agree with trans they dont need an other half if you will, just leave them as is, besides even if the people that bought the 50$ promo got the exclusive shop for the opposite attack bots it just gives them a chance to spend more money an unbalance all the bots. since most people dont have 50$ to throw at this game when ever a promo comes up just because they can it would make it more of a challenge to counter that for non varium users. i myself have bought varium in the past but only when i had the money, which isnt very often, and for those that cant/dont buy it at all would just make it unfair, if you will.
Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> New Bot
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition