Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2013 17:07:49   
daichi

hey guys!

I do love the car reference when talking about the game engine.

As far as I'm concerned, they can take as much time as they need to make sure the game is done right.

and my book should arrive upon the morrow so I'll have a light character to train anyway.

Also I'm glad they are keeping us in the loop, that really means a lot.
DF AQW  Post #: 451
4/4/2013 17:09:25   
Mondez

I expected this would happen since the overall UI and new engine have to be encoded properly. Since everything relied on the old engine, everything has to be recoded to the new engine so it's not a big deal. Luckily us Oversoulers are patient for this Revolution.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 452
4/4/2013 17:09:42   
Insane2201

Know what I want for a beta reward? "Nothing"
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 453
4/4/2013 17:10:40   
Andlu

I did think a bit and it's better to get it released without any bugs. I do hope it won't. But 2 weeks without release is booooooring.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 454
4/4/2013 17:11:54   
Mondez

My main worry is that there are some players in the community that are not as understanding as most of us.

Some of them are waiting for the Easter release and some more characters after the bi-weekly wait.

Here's the questions I'll be expecting to be posted soon:
1. So no release this week?
2. Anything new happening?
3. Are we getting that Bunnytheus and a Easter Release?

I'd rather wait for the new battle engine than the new characters.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/4/2013 17:16:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 455
4/4/2013 17:16:31   
Redingard

I'm really happy they didn't leave us in the dark this time. If all they said was "hai guyz no relese lul" I would have been pissed off. But I'm quite satisfied with this. I can wait for the new game engine. :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 456
4/4/2013 17:18:42   
Andlu

@Mondez
I need something to get distracted. But can't seem to find anything really. Hope DF can do that .-.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 457
4/4/2013 17:20:29   
Mondez

@Andlu
Well I've gone around and started League of Legends so it keeps my mind off of OS.

I would train my Minotaur, but I want to wait for the new UI because after looking at the new UI just made me to not level my Minotaur. lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 458
4/4/2013 17:23:48   
Vagaran

quote:

Know what I want for a beta reward? "Nothing"

Hehe...That is a interesting character. I want that too!

@Andlu
You can do as Mondez and try LoL, it's a really funny game! Or just play other AE games...

@Mondez
Woohoo!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 459
4/4/2013 17:24:53   
daichi

I wonder...will the leveling system change?

I hope it doesnt effect my pally...
DF AQW  Post #: 460
4/4/2013 17:27:17   
Vagaran

I doubt the leveling system will changed, nothing has been said about it anywhere.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 461
4/4/2013 17:29:29   
Mondez

The only thing to when the leveling will change is when they finally add proper levels instead of relying on our possessed characters levels and that will be when stats come out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 462
4/4/2013 17:31:20   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Guys, do check the home page if you haven't already o-o

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 463
4/4/2013 17:32:04   
Andlu

@Vagaran Or I can play my steam games.(Ac Brotherhood, Castle crashers, Chilvary, Don't starve, Dungeonland, Euro truck simulator, Forge, Garry's mod, Just cause II, Left4Dead2, Scribblenauts unlimited and finally Sniper elite: NZA) Talking about games, I want a zombie character!
EDIT:@Asu Sad, but Understandable. Hope we get it for SURE next week. :)

< Message edited by Andlu -- 4/4/2013 17:33:58 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 464
4/4/2013 17:34:10   
Redingard

I hope the game uses Dante's idea for levels. It would promote leveling up all the characters without wasting your time, which I would love.

@Below

I don't remember all the details, but when you evolve, it only saps the amount of EXP equivalent to the necessary amount. Like, if you were a level 20 Veteran and evolve to Master, it would take away all the EXP necessary for level 10 and you keep the rest.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 4/4/2013 17:37:14 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 465
4/4/2013 17:34:45   
Vagaran

WOW alot of bugs with the old UI o_o

@Andlu
Guess that works as well.

@Red
What is his idea?

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 4/4/2013 17:35:54 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 466
4/4/2013 17:36:40   
Andlu

@Vagaran You use ONLY the experience to evolve app/vet vet/master. So you could keep levels when you evolve them at level 20.

< Message edited by Andlu -- 4/4/2013 17:37:32 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 467
4/4/2013 17:36:47   
DeathGuard

It is sad OS won't have any release this week, I was excited to have one. Anyways have anyone notice Nulgath was using an upgraded Alexis? It may be its legendary form or a revamped version, who knows
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 468
4/4/2013 17:38:34   
Vagaran

@Andlu
Oh...I actually would love that idea, it would save the boring time of getting a character to 20 just to evolve it and get it reset to 1 so you have to go through the really boring process again...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 469
4/4/2013 17:40:21   
The Jop

It's too late to implement now, considering how many of the people who got masters to level 20 and then those masters' evolutions to level 20 you would upset. It'd also make the game too easy instantly having a level 20 legendary.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 470
4/4/2013 17:45:26   
Insane2201

I really doubt I'm gonna care much about this release. Sure everything will look "squeaky clean and nice and new...." but if it doesn't do anything for the hit detection for Orc Chieftan I don't care. The shield hit doesn't satisfy me how it is, having the damage come right after when we have damage like horseman's attack that hit one after another with no problem. Anyway if it's nothing really that new and just bug fixes I guess I'm in the category of "meh nothing new again. wahoo. back to grinding XP and gold for me I guess."

Edit: @Below- I'm not gonna hold OS to the standards of all the other teams and they had already given a warning to the Bi-weekly updates, but when I hear that I think bigger and better updates. You might thing this revamp is something, but all it really is, is a new visual bars and wars to stop the bugs. I'm one of the people that need something to do and find for me to care. So very much so do I find it "nothing." Sure it's nice a pretty but it's not gonna make me go "wow you guys did a nice job on all this." Heck I don't even like the HP bar being at the top of the screen that much.

< Message edited by Insane2201 -- 4/4/2013 17:52:11 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 471
4/4/2013 17:46:06   
Redingard

@The Jop

I have Founder Champion, and I would only be happy. if they complain about something good, then they're being silly. xD

@Insane

Really? You consider bug fixes and a completely revamped battle engine "nothing"? .-.

On a completely different note, I found new farming music. One of my new personal favorites: clicky

< Message edited by Redingard -- 4/4/2013 17:48:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 472
4/4/2013 17:55:13   
Mondez

@Insane
Interesting opinion though it may look like a war against bugs and an eye candy update, but it is a stability fix for it getting ready for CC and new cards might get released with the new engine next week. For you it's nothing, but for us it's more on the lines for on what's to come and it will be glorious.

For a 6 man team with only two coders is pretty much a huge step forward for OS, it's a huge step, but not as huge to when CC comes out.

@below
Nothing much, just discussing on this weeks Revolution delay.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/4/2013 17:59:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 473
4/4/2013 17:58:17   
Labyth
Banned

I am back........
so what the discusion?

quote:

Game Engine

This is the key factor right now. As you saw last week, the art I created for the new user interfaces are done but the functionality of those interfaces are not. Warlic is working on the new and improved OS game engine. Although, this will fix a lot of current problems with battle, as to be expected, the new engine does not mesh well with other parts of the game. Those other parts are used to the old buggy battle engine. This is the domino effect of coding one way then going back and changing something so key to the game. This has to be fixed or we are simply replacing one set of problems with another.

YEs a better puzzle just got done solving my predictiong Puzzle on cards.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/4/2013 18:00:10 >
Post #: 474
4/4/2013 17:59:42   
daichi

@labyth beta rev.

and other fun happenings
DF AQW  Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition