Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 22 of 30«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2013 7:08:19   
Megadragonknight

I admit that I like OS filler releases but I won't ask for filler releases every time. CC and beta revolution is very important to keep the game more advanced, attractive and balance. Mondez have a point. The new battle engine should be implemented before CC to prevent more bug issues. Beta Revolution is a very good idea and many players are already attracted to it. So, once BR is release perfectly, CC shall be next to be implemented and released and then we need to test for any bug or balance issues. Once those are working perfectly, Oversoul shall operate as a complete game. Then, the storyline shall begin along with Grand Quest and some new release of characters, artefacts. Some filler releases while OS finally launch properly will be expected in the future since I can tell that the staff will need time for storyline/quests but that is to be discuss in the future. Currently, lets enjoy filler releases, BR and CC when it is still in Beta testing but the earlier the gameplay feature is release and tested, the faster OS will be able to launch as what Nulgath intends to.
Post #: 526
4/5/2013 7:25:07   
  Grixus Faldor

The nature of Beta Testing seems to be something that is confusing and enraging certain users. Allow me to explain why releasing filler content is indeed impractical and halts progress:

1. The staff need to think of content to release for the next week, said content needs to be designed, coded, then tested to make sure major bugs aren't present.
2. That process takes time away from much-needed development and bug squashing, as well as necessary changes and fixes to and for the engine.
3. Without an engine that is nigh-on fully functional, the game will not be performing at its best and users will feel that poor performance.

Some of you seem to be complaining about how horrid the bugs are yet seem to fail to understand that by not releasing filler content, the world isn't going to end and that the game will perform much better and allow the staff, who are stretched thin as is, to focus on producing content.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 527
4/5/2013 7:29:35   
Leprechaun

So no release today? D:
Meh everything is is for the bigger picture then simple characters so yay :D
I wonder if we get some characters this week (at least 1), I still have maiden, orcs to capture :D

Post #: 528
4/5/2013 7:56:37   
The Stranger

Well i don't really care about releases and it's still beta .... and i still didn't catch darkon drago e.e
Post #: 529
4/5/2013 8:05:07   
Megadragonknight

At least 2 CoTW release instead since it will keep us busy with them having very low encounter rate just like Mishap. I guess Easter event will have to wait till BR is complete though it would be great if its release later on.

@Stranger
Try dungeon 2. Many players encounter him a few times over there. Try your luck.
Post #: 530
4/5/2013 8:53:38   
Leprechaun

@The Stranger
I got bored after he eluded me ...20 times...
Post #: 531
4/5/2013 9:15:08   
Gravcat

Anybody want to hang around in solace-91 Nulgath? Bored...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 532
4/5/2013 9:22:02   
Megadragonknight

Maybe for a while. I want to train my Water Elemental to 18 by today.

Edit:I don't see anyone.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 4/5/2013 9:23:19 >
Post #: 533
4/5/2013 9:25:15   
Gravcat

Kay, I'll come over.
BE THERE.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 534
4/5/2013 9:26:33   
Megadragonknight

I am at World map training now. I will be there after this battle.

Edit:
@above
Are you afk?

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 4/5/2013 9:31:16 >
Post #: 535
4/5/2013 10:17:53   
fighuasss

I'm back, anything new?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 536
4/5/2013 10:19:58   
megakyle777

Above: Nope. The release has been delayed till next week due to all the work that needs to be done.
DF  Post #: 537
4/5/2013 10:23:20   
fighuasss

Still no new release? I'll flee back to Dead Rising and ED.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 538
4/5/2013 10:32:15   
Megadragonknight

@fighuasss
Yeah unfortunately. But fret not. Its going to be awesome when BR is release.
Post #: 539
4/5/2013 10:53:37   
fighuasss

Isn't BR just a cosmetical update?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 540
4/5/2013 10:56:49   
Mondez

@Fighuass
Nope it's also replacing the old battle engine with a new one so bugs will be gone, the engine will no longer freeze due to fast clicking, and also it gets OS ready for CC.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/5/2013 10:57:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 541
4/5/2013 10:58:35   
Megadragonknight

@fighuasss
Nope. BR also include new battle engine which can prevent any bug from occurring. Which mean CC can be release after the new battle engine is release and work perfectly along with the BR which include so many shiny features.

Edit: On a side note, my Water Elemental is now level 17. 1 more level before I take a rest.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 4/5/2013 10:59:18 >
Post #: 542
4/5/2013 11:26:21   
Jmagician

Well this game will NEVER move forward without BR. That is the way I see it. Many (if not all) bugs are supposed to be cleared paving new paths for other more popular and complex releases to move in. It isn't just a makeup session for OS guys!

EDIT: Did this thread get cleaned? Again?

@below: I haven't been playing the majority of releases anyways so I can wait a month if need be. The last thing I want them to do is rush.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 4/5/2013 11:34:40 >
AQW  Post #: 543
4/5/2013 11:30:30   
Mondez

I'm hoping that the art will not slow OS down that much on terms of processing because it is FX graphics.

I'm not expecting the Beta Revolution to be rushed through the next week and I don't mind if it gets delayed again to the week after since coding a non-bugged battle engine is difficult to do because of all the current systems that are in place now that are connected to the old engine.

OS will take as much steps as they need to get everything in working order.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/5/2013 11:31:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 544
4/5/2013 11:44:22   
Andlu

Oh some trouble that I'm not in. Guess it's time to admire my Dage minion pet on DF xD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 545
4/5/2013 11:44:36   
Jmagician

@Cyber doom5: You just have to brace yourself. Try evolving all your characters, train some (or all) to level 20, PvP for fun. There are many things to do.
AQW  Post #: 546
4/5/2013 11:46:09   
daichi

yay my book came...but for some reason no lynx...?

yea I plugged the code in, and refreshed/cleared cache but still nothing.

< Message edited by daichi -- 4/5/2013 11:47:56 >
DF AQW  Post #: 547
4/5/2013 11:46:37   
Mondez

Patience is the key and this game is very different compared to most MMORPGs and since they have only 2 experienced coders at the moment, we can only wait for them to do the releases since this game's mechanics are different than other AE games.

@above
Isn't there a code on like the first page or something?
For the calendar it was the very last page so try there.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/5/2013 11:48:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 548
4/5/2013 11:47:10   
Andlu

@Daichi It probally isn't in the game yet.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 549
4/5/2013 11:48:18   
Megadragonknight

Although BR is just an evolution of new interface, but the new game engine is utterly useful as it will eliminate every battle bug and won't freeze the game again. This is something which everyone is looking forward to and I don't want to use my Orc Chieftain, pumpkinlord, founder champion or any neutral character or light character with glitch occurring every time I used counter strike or blessed strike in disorder arrangement. So, I accept that the new gameplay update is now the crucial timing to be implemented and if we want more characters, CC, Grand Quest, artefacts, storyline and more to be release in OS, then gameplay update is top priority and once OS is out of beta testing and launch as a complete game, we can look forward to plenty of new releases and filler releases can be expected sometimes.
Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 22 of 30«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition