Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2013 12:56:10   
megakyle777

While I'm hoping for characters to be released for us to hunt this week, I sincerely doubt it. They have to be coded after all, and it looks like the guys are gonna by REALLY busy.
DF  Post #: 576
4/5/2013 13:19:10   
Mondez

I would like it if E. Resistances would be developed after multi character in battle so balance can be made to the game because just using a character against one that has an advantage over you without Artifacts or switching out would make the game a bit unbalanced though that is my view.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/5/2013 13:20:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 577
4/5/2013 13:22:36   
Vagaran

@Mondez
That is actually a good idea, though we can just wait and see how it turns out.

< Message edited by James Lu -- 4/6/2013 0:43:56 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 578
4/5/2013 13:38:15   
Megadragonknight

@Mondez
A good idea but it maybe very tricky to do that. Lets just see how it will turn out when E. Resistance is release.

I am leaving now. Guess no new release tomorrow but I will be surprise if there is one. Hopefully Easter release, Easter Egg hunting and 2 CoTW release though it is not possible since it require time to code with only Warlic and Rolith since they got other AE game to work on. Anyway, later guys.
Post #: 579
4/5/2013 14:03:31   
Cyber doom5

So I have been developing a concept for an oversoul version of the sandsea

It's is basically where my contest suggestion the Soul Warden's black tower (picture will be upload later)
Oh and of coarse it would have typical sandsea stuff
I have been designing creatures that could exist there

Have concepts for a worm(basically a serpent dragon)
A cactus monster and various other plant type desert monsters
What other wildlife suggestions would you guys have for other creatures

If anyone else wants to help create creatures draw them and post them here

< Message edited by Cyber doom5 -- 4/5/2013 14:05:23 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 580
4/5/2013 14:16:42   
Labyth
Banned

*Begins walking around the forum*
I kind of funny the solving the card RNG was keeping me busy but now that i have nothing to do i might as well lvl up some character to lvl 20 here are my choices you guys help me decide who i start with for the recrods this are all lvl 10+ already
and are character i would like to lvl but not sure where to start.

pIkeman Merclvl 12
Pyro witch lvl 14
Barberia lvl 14
Lightning Wolf lvl 11
Paladin lvl 10
Blood FInd LVL 10

So then who should i start with?
Post #: 581
4/5/2013 14:19:54   
Cyber doom5

@^ you could help me with my above post
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 582
4/5/2013 14:21:21   
Labyth
Banned

@above
Sure i i got picture of those things somewhere in my files let me help you out.

Serpent(desert type

Desert Sword(cactus Flower at the Hilt)

Desert Axe(lizard scales and skin sharp teeth and amor)

Old Aqw drawing are good for inspiring.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/5/2013 14:28:38 >
Post #: 583
4/5/2013 14:25:13   
Hakunin

At Dracon Drago the human-empowering-the-creature's head shouldn't be in a portal?

I mean his hands are in a portal, that is the way they are ~transformed into beast-hands.
Now as after Draco form evolving to Dracon Drago a beast-head appears too, that should come in the place of the human-head, non?
AQ  Post #: 584
4/5/2013 14:28:11   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@haku From how I understood his story and when I last read it(months ago), he gets the dragon portals because he bound his own arms through the portal in order to control the beast. It wasn't because the portals morphed his hands or his body into the dragon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 585
4/5/2013 14:32:22   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Well, I found the perfect music to get my Taurus to 20 Now to get some free time. XD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 586
4/5/2013 14:59:52   
Andlu

@Balu Didn't see that one! Thanks for posting it here :o
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 587
4/5/2013 15:08:35   
Cyber doom5

I'm working on a creature called a terra serpent and will upload it later
And for mirtha I have come up with the idea for a lizard plant hybrid along with the cactus beast

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 588
4/5/2013 16:24:19   
The Jop

I hope they don't forget to add the wind element. It doesn't seem to be in the screenshot of the beta revolution battle.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 589
4/5/2013 16:43:04   
bei4

Guys i was wondering does rev has an girlfriend on twitter an girl taina is she. His girlfriend. Btw my burn mage almost lvl 13 without xpboost and the treasure chest kills me every time normaly it was the oppeside

< Message edited by bei4 -- 4/5/2013 16:52:25 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 590
4/5/2013 16:56:01   
Beck

@The Jop
Well that was only one screenshot, but yeah, I hope the team didn't forget about Wind either. I'm rather interested in what that element would be like!

Random thought: my admiration to everyone who leveled their PumpkinLord beyond level 10. This guy's hard to train! I think I'll wait for it to be possible to give him Neutralize before training him more...

AQW  Post #: 591
4/5/2013 17:08:45   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

And for mirtha I have come up with the idea for a lizard plant hybrid along with the cactus beast

I have one request. Purple. :P
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 592
4/5/2013 17:11:56   
Vagaran

PL hard to train? That thing is a powerhorse!

As for wind let's see at the current elements:

Fire: Offensiv
Water: Heals + little defensiv and offensiv
Light: Heals + offensiv
Shadow: Offensiv, DoT and little heal.
Ice: Defensiv
Chaos: Random
Neutral: mix between offensiv, defensiv and DoT.
Earth: mix between offensiv, defensiv and DoT.
Energy: offensiv.

I hope Wind is defensiv, we need some more of those.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 593
4/5/2013 17:26:24   
hijinks

Hello guys! A long time since I posted here. I'm glad they are renovating the whole interface and stuff to remove the glitches.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 594
4/5/2013 17:36:32   
Hakunin

quote:

I hope Wind is defensiv, we need some more of those.

There won't be Wind-element. There will be Chaos.
AQ  Post #: 595
4/5/2013 17:36:46   
Beck

I meant Pumpkin Lord's cards are too costly to use. It's slow...
AQW  Post #: 596
4/5/2013 17:40:28   
Vagaran

@Hakunin
Nulgath said wind would be added in the future during Alpha.

@Beck
Oh yeah, he is way to costy to use. And to think Weraz got him to 20 without boost...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 597
4/5/2013 18:07:51   
Shards Superior

@vagaran: Some shadow characters are offensive (Witchblade), while some are defensive (Arch Lich).

I've been working on a system to objectively rate characters. Each character is assumed to use all 5 cards before redrawing. The system is slightly flawed, as discard costs are not figured into the system.

So far, I've calculated D/M ratios for:
Barbarian (all 3)
Pyre Witch (all 3)
Young Paladin, PALADIN, and Paladin
Lightning Wolf (all 3)
Water Elemental
Earth Golem
Witchblade (Possessed)
Fiend of Vergil
Arch Lich
Darkon/Darkon Drago

Assumptions to simplify calculations:
Ice Orb does an average of 1.5x the average shields per turn.
DoT and DaT damage is treated as instantaneous.
Each skill can be used immediately after fulfilling mana cost.
Each game, the shield are broken completely before victory.
Discard costs are fufilled with inefficient cards.
The official wikidot info is completely correct.

Here are a few of the conclusions I arrived at:
The least efficient class is Paladin.
The most efficient class is Master Barbarian.
Most trees did show significant improvement from Apprentice -> Veteran -> Master (-> Legendary)
Lightning Wolf's skill to add 1 damage to all attacks *decreases* in effectiveness as it increases, but the character also benefits from extra special abiltiy cards.

I will post my calculations and work as soon as I arrive at a computer with a scanner.

< Message edited by Shards Superior -- 4/5/2013 18:09:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 598
4/5/2013 18:12:10   
Labyth
Banned

Ah cute calculation(meaning i like how your using your time and that you bother to do so this is in no way making any sort of negativenes towards your work.) ,but what you forgot to factor was luck,experiance,control,lvl,and let me see what else oh yeah factors such as the actual cards each one has that can compare to the other example. but this factors nonly matter in fight your calculation is in thoery

Paladin contains 2 blessed strikes that is peircing damage and since you cannot predict the full DECK card ID you yourself cannot see that Paladin has greater chance against Master Barberia then you would think. like i said your calcualtion are based n theorywich is alright.

I migth send you all my RNG Card info so you can see How the RNG card system draws work then your calculation will be close to perfect.But from what i see i s contain everoment you have controlled things and you have basic so your calcuaiton has value in ALL AROUND but individual wise none until we see the calculations. and i will metion in theory those calculationa re absed as correect

KEY: NUmbers represent Turns R represent repeated cards.

Here is Paladin Card deck ID
4RRRR
4 Turn expresion
in this 4 turns chances are blessed strike 2/16 appears in those draws Not considering the repeats here
Total damage capacity without unblockables or blessed strike is 16 damage
total unblockable capacity is 25 damage
10 shields.
Heal 3
Here is Barberia Card deck ID
Also 3 turn expresion in this 3 turns chances are 2 shatters 2/15 will appear total damage capacity in this 3 turn
13 actual damage
1 unblocabkle damage
20 DOt damage
20 shield capacity X4
Reversed SHield damage 20 (ice ORB)

below your right But Paladin has no need for breakingi just kind of wanted to show Palaadin not weakest claass in pratical testing <but neither is barberia but in theory comapred to each other they are,but in card value one has more adaptability then the other

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/5/2013 18:34:03 >
Post #: 599
4/5/2013 18:23:53   
Shards Superior

I understood the limitations of my system... One of my assumptions was: "the shield are broken..." - which is almost never the truth with characters like Paladin and Earth Golem.

Besides, my system is NOT meant to be used a direct match-up of characters. Basically, when given a certain (large) pool of mana, it predicts the average amount of difference a character can make between the opponent's HP (including blocks) and its own.

As for the chance, I assumed that a single copy of a card out of 15 total cards would be drawn once every 3 full draws (15 cards).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition