Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 29«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/24/2013 12:39:27   
Leader
Unrequited

@Melvin, The characters themselves have pre-determined genders, and it would be impossible to change the gender of them because it wouldn't be the same person/creature otherwise. Changing the gender of the OverSoul that we are in the game could possibly work, though at the moment it wouldn't go noticed.

I'd like to see a countdown during your turn, this would be so useful to see how long your opponent has left, if they're taking long and to make sure they're not stalling. It would also be helpful in the PvP matches which have more lag. Sometimes I can't decide whether the game has frozen or not, and it forces me to refresh.
Post #: 26
4/24/2013 12:46:08   
Vagaran

+ Gender Change would require more work from the team (as they would have to make a male and female version of each character that can be any gender) and some character got male/female names which would make them look weird as female/male (like Max)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 27
4/25/2013 3:32:39   
Castleman29

I'd love to see a DoomKnight more than anything.
Honestly...
Sepulchure in OverSoul would be absolutely amazing if he were based off of his Dragonfable counterpart rather than the version of him from AQWorlds. If not Sepulchure, then just a DoomKnight in general.

< Message edited by Castleman29 -- 4/25/2013 3:40:21 >
Post #: 28
4/25/2013 6:35:32   
Megadragonknight

I am looking forward to Doomknight in OS too! And so is Necromancer. If Paladin appeared in OS, then so does Necromancer and Doomknight!
Post #: 29
4/25/2013 11:29:39   
Vestrova

I would really like to see a light/dark hybrid or a water/dark hybrid cause it works great with revonthurkey, the heal and the sacrifice works well.
DF AQW  Post #: 30
4/26/2013 5:18:38   
Van Fanel

How about something like a "Flee" button when you encounter monsters you don't want to bother fighting
Post #: 31
4/26/2013 21:50:02   
Mondez

@above Van
Nulgath stated he'll have the team make one, but it'll be in the back burner of development in terms of features.

I just thought of this, but a Titan boss battle would be huge in terms of epicness. Able to fight Carnax at his full form and being rewarded a mini version of him would bring wonders to OS. For titans, hopefully it won't cause too much lag in the battles, but having up to four players to battle a huge unstoppable beast would be very high in terms of gameplay features and since this is a card game, it invokes players to truly strategize with each other on how to counter the Titan.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/27/2013 7:55:35   
99th Dracopyre

Innate skills for each character. (Like passive skills that proc during battle or is active during the whole battle)
Like, uhm, a character could have an innate skill like "Battle Hunger". Each time that character recieves damage, it gains 1 point of charge.

And other innate skills throught every character.
It's just cool and adds more uniqueness is every character.

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
4/27/2013 7:59:27   
odsey

@Mondez I got a idea. What if 4 player fight the titan monster, but each player fight a different part/mini part of the titan. But you still have a choice to fight the titan/harder version of the boss though.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/27/2013 13:57:14   
Mr Cognizant

How about creating a system where each character has a different type of bonus?
This is an example of what I mean:

Void Incarnate:
Heal: +0
Damage: +1
DoT: +1
Shield: +0

So how this could work is, let's say Void Incarnate uses Attack 5, it would result in 6 damage because of it's bonus.
Also, if it uses Poison, it would become +400.

The bonuses can also increase on evolving your character :D
For example, the Founder tree could look like:

Founder Adept:
Heal: +1
Damage: +0
DoT: +0

Founder Vet:
Heal: +2
Damage: +1

Founder Knight:
Heal: +2
Damage: +2

Founder Champion:
Heal: +3
Damage: +2

This system would also work really well with upcoming Artifacts, which could boost certain areas.
This is what an artifact could look like

Shards of Betrayal:
Add 1+ to DoT and Damage

(P.S I apologize if someone already thought of this x.x it just popped into my head so I hurriedly wrote it down and did not check the previous posts, please forgive me if I do v.v)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/27/2013 14:06:29   
necro rouge

@Mr Cognizant the problem with that system is that system is that low cost cards and dots would be overpowered. poison attacks over 4 turns, which means that one point in it would give it 4+ damage. and for the neutral 5 hit combo attack, that would get +5 damage. etc.

edit: 4 turns

< Message edited by necro rouge -- 4/27/2013 14:21:03 >
AQW  Post #: 36
4/27/2013 14:15:17   
The Jop

@necro
Poison is over 4 turns.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/27/2013 14:20:32   
Mr Cognizant

@necro rouge
Agreed, but the concept can be edited, balancing things shouldn't be too hard. Combo cards like Death Flow or Retribution could have their own category, or completely excluded.
Also, bonuses can be used in more detail (I kinda rushed e.e), DoT from poison every turn could be 350 or 315 etc, damage can be increased to 510 etc.
Balancing it out can take some time, but hey, we're in Beta right? :P
And imagine the scope of this, it can be used to see who will start the turn first (luck), or even random chances of something happening (special), who knows?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/27/2013 14:33:41   
Hakunin

each character get different bonuses currently by having different decks.
AQ  Post #: 39
4/27/2013 14:51:03   
Mondez

@odsey
Not a bad idea actually, I can see that happening. 4 players focusing on one part of the Titan can make things really interesting in a Titan fight.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/27/2013 14:52:58   
Mr Cognizant

@hakunin
Not with card customization coming in, I'm pretty sure every character can be similar than. But it all comes down to next week.
Even so, I think it would be a good idea, combine it with Dracos passive ability thing and it could actually work!
However, I just hope nulgath doesn't make it run too much on SGs, else it would end up like epic duel (which in my opinion is RUN by varium).

Gonna sleep nows, cya guys ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/28/2013 16:38:18   
Penguinpal

I'd like to see a Collection Book. No, not an achievements page, but a... well, "Pokedex" for all the

characters that we have so far captured / possessed. This includes every character in a character

tree that we have moved through. It's nice to keep a log of things we have and thing that're missing.

It'd be nice if this Collection Book also keeps their background story and such, as well. Idk if this is

already planned, but regardless, I'd like to see this.
DF  Post #: 42
5/3/2013 13:10:14   
Syaival

Ermmm, I got a good idea based together on people's ideas too. How about fighting a Ultra Boss

You can play with your teammates (Friends, watever) or play with others similar to your level.

Players can attack at the same time. The Ultra Boss will have x4 or x2 of all the player's health.

There will be turns between you and the Ultra Boss only, not the 4 players and Ultra Boss.

Once you finished the battle, there will be 3 chests on random items. But gold will always be in chest, example I click a chest. I will get :
Ice Wall x1 card
5000 gold
4 SG (Since it's a ultra battle, and it 4x of the health. :D

If the players died, They will get back in 5 seconds or so. And you will be able to see who you're playing with and the health of them

Only giving basic things
Post #: 43
5/4/2013 10:48:25   
RyuMonkAE

I have an idea as to facilitate gameplay OS and i not found nor a place to discuss this possibility with other players, however, I go post here my idea for in future we discussed here !

Idea for discursion:
do you think it would be nice to be able to have some commands Oversoul responding to the touch of a button on the keyboard?

commands and their shortcuts Oversoul:
Cards activated from the numeric keypad, the numbers correspond to the order of cards from left to right: with the buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Draw Cards: with the E Button and Discard: with the R Button.

remember that the use of the keyboard is for easier playability and when you activate a card can do it straight from the keyboard, but to activate one Might or Strike card, much like finishing a move you need to use mouse
Ps: once fully selected, their movement could be scrapped starting from the corresponding number, in other words, if your card is in slot 4 then you can undo it with the 4 button

Colours darknened. please do not use too bright colours in your post. ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by RyuMonkAE -- 5/5/2013 8:53:49 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/4/2013 16:59:29   
BJEBLE

The ability to discard cards in a characters deck, but have a minimum of 9 cards.
DF  Post #: 45
5/6/2013 0:32:26   
DarkLore

1. I'd like to see a fullscreen option someday. Maybe with the great programmers they have they could even allow chat while its enabled. All the other games that have fullscreen can't.

2. A section in the Characters option that can sort the characters. By rank, level, and element. All individually and all at once. Basically it would have ranks starting with apprentices and ending with legendries.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/6/2013 7:27:39   
necro rouge

what i would love to see are hot keys, afk farming becomes easier and more relaxing when you can just use your fingers.

and of course the souldex where you can see all your pokemon characters in a neat setup which is more organized than the one we have currently.
AQW  Post #: 47
5/6/2013 8:31:52   
Shadow|reality

I'd like to see necromancers
Post #: 48
5/6/2013 13:36:18   
Hellsbane

Would like to see some better Character Trees for existing Characters.

(e.g. Shadow Acolyte > Shadow Priest, instead of just two similar characters. Or Ice Beetle > Cosoma > Cosoma Titan).
DF AQW  Post #: 49
5/6/2013 20:42:29   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

A reminder when you switch characters so that you can remember to remove your Cards you added before you start playing as a Fire character with Ice cards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 29«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition