Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dead battery core, ways to add it maybe?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Dead battery core, ways to add it maybe?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/16/2013 11:39:39   
Smackie El Frog

quote:

Clarity is very much a consideration to make when designing skills. When you are given roughly 15 seconds to make a decision, we don't want most of your mental energy going towards making overly convoluted calculations that are often wrong.

Don't know too many players that do calculations for each attack they do in each battle. Usually you have a set strategy with your build. You know which are your strongest attacks and what are your counters are if needed.

To do calculations on the fly with all your attacks and then have to suddenly choose which attack to use is laughable Rabble. That is because the RNG craps on all that work you just did.

Say you did all those calculations in 15sec and then that attack is blocked. You would rage before the battle is even over and never play again. You really cannot do that with EpicDuel. The RNG is way too rampant to depend on this method you thought up.

I don't think I have come across anyone that plays like that. We all know a rough estimate of how much damage our attacks will do to certain defenses and resistances and we go from there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/16/2013 14:16:46   
Sipping Cider

I calculate stuff all the time. Not on the spot in fifteen seconds, but over multiple games I get a feel of whether it is worth it to do a certain move or not. Like if I have 7 energy and know I won't get at least 10 more energy from a move to do a heal next turn, I won't bother with the move and instead do a move that does more damage.

I think it would be better if the core was easily calculable, thus making it seem less of a luck based move and more like a game of chess.
Epic  Post #: 27
4/16/2013 18:09:59   
white out727

At all thats why i seggested a set number scaling based on your lvl :p

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Dead battery core, ways to add it maybe?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition