Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Passive Armors

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Passive Armors
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2013 7:17:36   
goldslayer1

in order to put Passive armors more on par with reroute and bloodlust
Passive armors should be % based.
and that % is based on the damage your enemy does to you.

for example, at max, mineral armor reduces the enemy's damage by 26% (for example)

so if my enemy's robot can do 60 damage while i have 20 defense
its
Damage - Defense = actual damage. then cut by the passive.
60 - 20 = 40

40 x .26 = 11 (10.4)
damage reduced by 11. robot now deals 29 instead of 40.

basically its to have passive armors reduce enemy damage by % instead of giving it defense.
this balances it out better at lower lvls, and its better balanced when it comes to passives in high HP.

Suggested %s for passive armors.
Mineral/Plasma Armor:
1) 8%
2) 11%
3) 14%
4) 17%
5) 19%
6) 21%
7) 23%
8) 24%
9) 25%
10) 26%

Hybrid Armor:
1) 6% and 6%
2) 7% and 7%
3) 8% and 8%
4) 9% and 9%
5) 10% and 10%
6) 11% and 11%
7) 12% and 12%
8) 13% and 13%
9) 14% and 14%
10) 15% and 15%

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2013 7:21:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/21/2013 7:21:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

sounds good
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/21/2013 7:22:36   
EpicIsEpic

not supported Tac mercs are already 1 of the best classes + it has reroute which would make them so OP it wouldnt even be funny. Maby hybrid armor BUT FOR GOT SAKES NO not the mineral and plasma armor since they already are kind of very very good.
Post #: 3
4/21/2013 7:27:35   
Ranloth
Banned

I've already suggested this a while ago, but with much lower %s. Reason for it being is passive Armor was applied before your Res/Def to be more efficient; if your Res/Def + Armor already cover for most of the damage, the passive Armor will barely do anything.

So using 26% of yours, 60 damage and 20 defence: 60 * 0.74 = 45 - 20 = 25 damage dealth after PA/MA & your defences. It's more efficient that way for every build rather than favouring certain ones such as glass cannons - with your example, the lower your own Res/Def is, the more damage PA/MA will take away. With this, it'd be equal for all.

For mine, the %s were (PA/MA): 2% -> 4% -> 6% -> 8% -> 10% -> 12% -> 14% ->15% -> 16% -> 17% (reduces respectable damage for the given passive Armor)
And for HA: 1% -> 2% -> 3% -> 4% -> 5% -> 6% -> 7% -> 8% -> 9% -> 10% (reduces all damage, Energy and Physical)

As you can see, total for HA - since it defends against both but you can only use one of 'em at once - will be higher than PA/MA which is focused, which is the slight advantage the split Armors get. After I did some math at the time of suggestion, the %s were on par or a bit lower than existing passive Armors but it was working well at any level & was even more efficient if the damage got high enough.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/21/2013 7:28:59   
goldslayer1

@epic
mixing this with my other Custom Classes idea, it would not be possible to have mineral armor and reroute in the same skill tree.

this would put passive armors on par with reroute and bloodlust in terms of value.

but i dont think you understand the math.
the less damage you do, the less damage they would reduce.
the more damage you do, the more they would reduce.

just like reroute with their energy gains. and bloodlust with their HP gains.

@trans
i made it this way because Bloodlust and reroute dont have gains before def/res are applied.

if your damage is 60 before def/res while i have 25 defefense for example
at max reroute
60 damage = 18 energy
damage - defense = 35
35 x .3 = 11 (10.5)

but i suppose that could work too.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 4/21/2013 7:40:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/21/2013 7:36:49   
EpicIsEpic

@gold slayer
mixing this with my other Custom Classes it would not be possible to have mineral armor and reroute in the same skill tree.

We all love your suggestion but for this to come true there would be another sugestion which would have to come true meaning 2 suggestions.
Then it wouldn't be OP but now it would so i can support if the other suggestion is implpimented as well.
Also this would encourage abuse (yes even with diminishing ect...)
Post #: 6
4/21/2013 7:39:49   
goldslayer1

@epic
all it would do is reduce the physical damage by 26% for mineral, 26% for plasma armor. and 15% for all damage types on hybrid. at max lvl.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/21/2013 11:03:59   
  Exploding Penguin

While I'm not necessarily supporting your %-based suggestions (didn't look at them yet), I do support the idea of them being based off of percentages.
Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Passive Armors
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition