Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers X (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers X (Read the first post)
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2013 17:04:30   
The Finnish Phoenix

Poison Drake is by far the best free Shadow character, especially since it can use a Corruption...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 651
7/8/2013 17:10:08   
BJEBLE

@TFP And extremely hard to catch also. Besides, Mishap has Neutralize also, but the rest of the deck isn't as good so
DF  Post #: 652
7/8/2013 17:12:33   
The Finnish Phoenix

I hear it's getting a Master soon. Should be fun lol.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 653
7/8/2013 17:18:03   
Anoobis
Banned

Poison Drake isn't the best character amongst the Shadow types because of its reliance for DoT. Iron Hide users would just wall them to death wouldn't you say?
Post #: 654
7/8/2013 17:28:19   
The Finnish Phoenix

With Iron Hide currently bugged as it is to regenerate against DoTs it's a major problem for all Shadow characters.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 655
7/8/2013 17:37:38   
BJEBLE

@Anoobis as I said in my personal list of favorite characters for each element, I like Arch Lich, but right now I don't have PD, so I can't say anything about it.But Lich is a really good character so I'm not complaining. Besides that fact that Lich won't get Corruption and be able to use effectively.
DF  Post #: 656
7/8/2013 17:51:44   
Anoobis
Banned

@TFP: To give an answer to your dilemma against Iron Hide, I don't believe it is bugged. It regenerates all the damage up until 1k. DoTs deal as regular damage meant to go through Iron Hide and not passed it. That means that if your DoT damage doesn't exceed 1000, it won't be doing any damage and the Iron Hide will reset to 1000 just until the last turn it is active. After that, Iron Hide goes away.

However, if you mean that the DoT damage that DOES pass right through the amount of 1000 "IH" defence points gets regenerated after the IH resets back to 1000, then there is a problem.
Post #: 657
7/8/2013 18:23:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah what I'm referring to is that Iron Hide can block DoT damage and then return to its original value before it blocked the DoT damage and block it again the next turn, so one Iron Hide can block up to 2000 points of DoT damage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 658
7/8/2013 18:29:20   
Skurge
The Dealer

That's because IronHide lasts for two turns.

1,000 for turn #1 then 1,000 again for turn #2. It's been like this forever. :o

< Message edited by Scherzo -- 7/8/2013 18:40:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 659
7/8/2013 18:46:05   
The Finnish Phoenix

Back before it was nerfed it would block 2000 points (20 before everything was multiplied), and if that value was depleted then the status would be over, it was also cumulative so that if on the first turn you dealt say, 800 damage and on the second dealt 1500 more, 300 would get through on the second turn. It couldn't block up to 4000/40 points of damage pre-nerf, so now that it's supposed to be nerfed why would it still be able to block for the same 2000/20 total? Its description says "Absorb 1000 damage for 2 turns" not "Absorb 1000 damage each turn for 2 turns".

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/8/2013 18:52:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 660
7/8/2013 19:06:47   
BJEBLE

@TFP Well Healing Springs description on the card is: " Recover 400 HP over 2 turns."So by the context of the card, it should be 200 health, for two turns. But it is the opposite, 400 HP x2, so sometimes Nulgath mixes up for(which multiplies because 300 damage for 4 turns=1200 damage=Poison) and over(which divides because 600 damage over 3 turns 600/3=200 damage per turn=Burn).
EDIT: @below yup That's right. Thanks for clearing that up.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 7/8/2013 23:09:29 >
DF  Post #: 661
7/8/2013 21:45:41   
TheSage

Iron Hide is not bugged, it blocks all damage (except counter attack damage) up to 1,000 PER turn FOR 2 turns.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 662
7/9/2013 10:25:49   
The Finnish Phoenix

If Iron Hide isn't bugged then it's certainly bad for the game. Ice characters can guarantee their Shatters and other damage won't be absorbed by Iron Hide by using Freeze, and 4-5 CC'd Iron Hides on top of the 2 that many Neutral characters already have let them lockdown anything but Ice characters and other Neutral characters using the same strategy to death by chaining them continuously.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 663
7/9/2013 10:31:25   
TheSage

Or you can deal more then 1k damage per turn, keep in mind it costs 5 mana per iron hide. Before it would shield for 2k, most people think its more balanced because it is easier to deal over 1k damage then 2k in a single turn.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 664
7/9/2013 11:09:44   
The Finnish Phoenix

That means giving the Iron Hide user the absorption of damage he wants at 2x+ efficiency. Only one Iron Hide per two turns need be used to, in which one generally gets 10 energy. Ice being totally unaffected when other elements get wrecked isn't cool either no pun intended. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 665
7/9/2013 11:28:00   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Bottom of the line though is that Iron Hide was seen as this superior card and having it made you insta OP and let's not forget the characters with more than one in their decks. The change was made so that it could help balance out such a shield/defense card for balance terms.

Besides 2000 blocks for two turns for only 5 neutral energy is rather insanely good. Too good.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 666
7/9/2013 11:34:29   
necro rouge

iron hide has a cost efficiency factor with a minimum of 0x and maximum of 4x. the average of this is 2x, which is the same as shatter, non CC poison (cc poison has guaranteed over 2x efficiency) and corruption, making it balanced.
AQW  Post #: 667
7/9/2013 11:50:41   
The Finnish Phoenix

Iron Hide can easily manage over 2x cost efficiency against anything that uses DoTs, and CC Iron Hide is even better.

quote:

Bottom of the line though is that Iron Hide was seen as this superior card and having it made you insta OP and let's not forget the characters with more than one in their decks. The change was made so that it could help balance out such a shield/defense card for balance terms.

Besides 2000 blocks for two turns for only 5 neutral energy is rather insanely good. Too good.

What's changed? I'm not saying it wasn't overpowered before, but if it was then, it still is now. If Iron Hide has still served more than its purpose if it's attacked over, the amount of damage it takes to attack over it is hardly a factor... The fact is that the effect this has on each element varies to the extent where Iron Hide is still a problem. I think that Iron Hide should be replaced by a card like Ice Wall for Neutrals.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/9/2013 11:53:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 668
7/9/2013 12:11:23   
necro rouge

@TFP
It can also end up being 0x efficiency if you don't attack it. and for it to reach 2x efficiency, the enemy needs to have more than 5 dot/round. It is also meant to be a counter to dots. If Dots had no counters they would be far too strong with their consistent 2x cost efficiency.
AQW  Post #: 669
7/9/2013 12:33:09   
The Finnish Phoenix

The problem with Iron Hide is Ice. DoTs are both Shadow characters' and Corruption-based Neutral characters' main source of damage, and an Iron Hide-based Neutral character would absolutely destroy both by absorbing Corruption/Marks and Poisons for over 2x cost efficiency. What's more, Shadow characters and Corruption-based Neutral characters have no way to get around their opponent throwing up an Iron Hide in the middle of their DoT onslaughts.

However, Ice does. By using Freeze two turns after they use their Shatters, they render it absolutely impossible for Iron Hide to block them and with this strategy they can curb stomp Iron Hide-based Neutral characters.

So in the end, the existence of Iron Hide ironically spells doom for all Neutral characters.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/9/2013 12:35:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 670
7/9/2013 13:41:22   
necro rouge

TFP
I really don't get what you're trying to say. iron hide is strong versus DoTs, which makes it counters dot characters, that's what a counter is supposed to do. Ice can only counter it's counter (iron hide) if it uses a card it can only have one of in a deck (freeze), thus somewhat lessening it's weakness towards neutral. I can not see how any of this spells doom for neutral.
AQW  Post #: 671
7/9/2013 13:45:49   
TheSage

Wait, is your complaint about Iron Hide, or Freeze?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 672
7/9/2013 13:52:31   
Beck

@Finnish Phoenix
quote:

So in the end, the existence of Iron Hide ironically spells doom for all Neutral characters.

Not being able to block some Shatter attacks does not "spell doom" for Iron Hide users... As an Ice user, I can say that it takes quite a bit of luck and timing to get the Freezes right, since you DO only get 1 of them per deck.

Maybe you weren't here for the month or 2, before Ironhide was debuffed, when people could troll every character with Shaolin Monk (crazy Iron Hide spammer), but Ironhide is still a very strong and strategic card, and it's a bit rich to say that Neutral characters are "doomed" for having it.
AQW  Post #: 673
7/9/2013 17:49:34   
Mondez

Iron Hide is dead useful and I don't see how it's really doom for neutral characters. It's not abusive for CC and also like Beck pointed out, Monk was seriously annoying when it kept pumping out IH before the nerf plus the cost is perfect for the nerfed version since negating 2000 damage for 5 energy was a bit unrealistic.

Now in terms you can ask Scherzo when he battled my Orc Chieftan with CC and his FC with CC. The battle was literally balanced since I had high damage and high defensive capabilities versus the high healing capabilities.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 674
7/9/2013 17:55:23   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I really don't get what you're trying to say. iron hide is strong versus DoTs, which makes it counters dot characters, that's what a counter is supposed to do. Ice can only counter it's counter (iron hide) if it uses a card it can only have one of in a deck (freeze), thus somewhat lessening it's weakness towards neutral. I can not see how any of this spells doom for neutral.

Neutral characters have two different strategies, one depends on Iron Hide and falls to Ice and the other depends on Corruption and falls to the one that depends on Iron Hide.

quote:

Not being able to block some Shatter attacks does not "spell doom" for Iron Hide users... As an Ice user, I can say that it takes quite a bit of luck and timing to get the Freezes right, since you DO only get 1 of them per deck.

Stall with Ice Wall/500s, and stack your hand full of Shatters and a Freeze or with Shatters when you know you'll draw into Freeze in time.

quote:

Wait, is your complaint about Iron Hide, or Freeze?

Iron Hide because it destroys Shadow characters and opposing Neutral characters while being ineffective against Ice characters.

If Iron Hide were just a Neutral version of Ice Wall/Stonewall and Corruption worked like Shatter so it did no damage for three turns and 2000 on the fourth then the game would be more balanced. Shatter's delay is a bigger drawback than Poison's/Corruption's because it does no damage for the first three turns. Corruption is Neutral's counter to DoTs (fighting DoTs with DoTs) so it doesn't need a card like Iron Hide. Shadow needs a card like Poison to keep up. Such a change would make Neutral rather like Ice, but there still are notable differences like Freeze vs. Neutralize. Iron Hide could've been okay as it is if it hadn't been made available in CC packs, but now the potential for them to absolutely lock down characters dependent on DoTs is insurmountable.

I'm okay with Freeze and Shatter as they are, I see Iron Hide and Corruption as being problematic. And Incinerate, but that's a different matter.

quote:

Maybe you weren't here for the month or 2, before Ironhide was debuffed, when people could troll every character with Shaolin Monk (crazy Iron Hide spammer), but Ironhide is still a very strong and strategic card, and it's a bit rich to say that Neutral characters are "doomed" for having it.

It's an insurmountable strategic card against Shadow and a useless one against Ice. An element shouldn't be able to destroy another, people should be able to destroy eachother. A > B > C > A is not balance, A = B = C is.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/9/2013 18:02:09 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers X (Read the first post)
Page 27 of 30«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition