Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2013 22:27:16   
aliesterus

Perhaps we should have a limited list incorporated into the system?

Normal Attack cards should be 5 each.
Special Cards can only be up to 3.
Special Semi-Limited Cards can only be up to 2.
Special Limited Cards can only be up to 1.

And there are cards that come naturaly and aren't found in booster packs such as Freeze.
AQW  Post #: 101
5/7/2013 22:29:01   
Mondez

@aliesterus
I suggested that a while back and it would've helped in terms of balance, but remember this isn't a permanent system so in the future CC is most likely to expand bringing in limitations to customizing the decks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
5/7/2013 22:30:56   
aliesterus

@Mondez: That's actually how any card game should be... Except for the natural cards part but this game is kinda special :P

And I know it isn't permanent. Being limited to only 5 cards doesn't give much of an inventive deck type.
AQW  Post #: 103
5/7/2013 22:32:20   
Mondez

@aliesterus
That's why I nicknamed CC, "Card Addon" because we are literally just adding cards to the decks without restraint..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
5/7/2013 22:34:58   
aliesterus

I think that there should be limited number of cards you can use up to. I personaly like 60(Probably since almost all other card games either allready are set at 60 cards per deck or have a maximum of 60)
AQW  Post #: 105
5/7/2013 22:36:26   
Labyth
Banned

To my specification I believe CC Won't change. Apart from adding new series to the cards deck that already exist.

I knew I am going for Long shot But I say we should already ask for the limits to be placed cause if everyone gets used to it will end up being Like VoT and Pyromance from aqw. Cause everyone was happy at 1st and didn't say anything now that we know the true colors on how Op it works nothing changed their it stayed the same.

So we should request it now seriously cause if I ever get 5 shatters on me Oh you Will DIE IN LESS THEN 2 TURNS.(you never seen my Rat with Rabies Until you witness the rain of poison)
I am saying it now for the purpose that well if we do make it aware how unbalance this will be we can get it fixed before it becomes future problem and if we increased people knowledge of it Nulgath will add the limits Faster instead of waiting to see how it works out.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 22:38:31 >
Post #: 106
5/7/2013 22:37:22   
Mondez

@aliesterus
Eh? Isn't 60 too much because I'm more accustomed to the traditional 40 because of the higher chances of drawing cards.

~ I'm logging off for the night.

*edit
CC can change we just need to give the devs some time to make the adjustments to the current system,

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/7/2013 22:38:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
5/7/2013 22:38:42   
aliesterus

@Labyth: Actually if card deck size increases, and certain limits on each cards are set, that means that it would be harder to draw each card. That way it balances things out.

@Mondez: I said that that's the limit XD

Though I do preffer Yu-Gi-Oh's 40 card minimum, but the minimum should be 20 here on Oversoul.

< Message edited by aliesterus -- 5/7/2013 22:39:48 >
AQW  Post #: 108
5/7/2013 22:40:59   
Labyth
Banned

@Ali I really just want CC to be limited just like you mention limit how many of each card you can put in a Deck.and also block certain cards of being put in it
(freeze ,Petrify, Iron hide, incinerate, and all those other me and Valk mention)
anything else can go

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 22:43:59 >
Post #: 109
5/7/2013 22:44:47   
aliesterus

@Labyth: That's why I mentioned natural cards, cards that only come with specified characters.

Though I personaly think Incinerate should be limited, because it'll be pretty hard to draw Incinerate after we incorporate a minimum amount of cards to be added. Though maybe with the minimum the back to back freezes won't be possible anymore. Keep an open mind, card games are pretty interesting if invented right.

Though people would probably find some one turn kill deck somehow(Hell, look at Yu-Gi-Oh Exodia decks... I invented the most potent one myself).
AQW  Post #: 110
5/7/2013 22:47:44   
Labyth
Banned

sorry the only nerdy game I play apart from AE games(which I only got involved in AE games because I had little interesting in graphic designing and then I began too enjoy it) is Pokémon because well my sister found Pikachu cute..and not even the card game just the show and the 2 games I have (which are some recent one I forget where I placed them)so I have no idea what your talking about with yugioh

all I can say is that CC must change itself in 3 things

How many of each card can you have
Which card you can put in
How many cards can you have in your deck

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 22:50:22 >
Post #: 111
5/7/2013 22:52:10   
aliesterus

@Labyth: Actually you really shouldn't call them nerdy, such games can actually stimulate your mind in positive ways if you portion your times correctly.

Yeah, Poke'mon is actually a really bad example, it can become pretty imbalanced if done right.

Pretty much let's hope Nulgath never adds cards that does damage and draws at the same time, otherwise we'd have an epidemic of fast kills (I invented a deck using a draw out method that makes it so that in two turns or less you get all the cards you need for an automatic win).
AQW  Post #: 112
5/7/2013 22:55:49   
Labyth
Banned

@Ali
manipulating the RNG is wrong(not saying you do..cause i know you don't...just telling you fair advise before anything can be misinterpreted by anyone) that why I only stick to Predicting All my cards. Not making cards come out.so I sort of expect that this deck of yours doesn't exist anyways.(when I say don't exist no character has the cards for it.
If I want to stimulate my brain I just read books to my sisters.
And as for my ice Main is Frost Lion 11 card deck.Perfect

@below see that why I said what I said cause I know if someone read what you wrote it would create misunderstanding.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 22:59:34 >
Post #: 113
5/7/2013 22:58:28   
aliesterus

@Labyth: Oh, no, I meant in Yu-Gi-Oh. There are so many different cards that allow you to draw consitently until you get everything you need.

There's another deck in Poke'mon that if played right, I get a field that makes it so the opponent can't do any damage to me.

I'm hoping that Oversoul makes sure they eliminate such possibilities, so that we don't NEED to resort to a banlist like most games.

@Above: Perfectly understandable. It's why I decided to explain myself.

< Message edited by aliesterus -- 5/7/2013 23:02:18 >
AQW  Post #: 114
5/7/2013 23:03:53   
Labyth
Banned

Well right now I am farming Gold to buy myself a Deck of cards again of ice.so far
my 1st draw
4 attack 200
1attack 500
2nd draw
3shields 500
1snow orb
1 attack 500

I am hoping I at least get 1 version of the new cards.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 23:04:14 >
Post #: 115
5/7/2013 23:05:24   
aliesterus

@Labyth: I'm jealous cause you've got Snow Orb >.<

I've got everything but.

Spent 40 SG's and 30000 Gold.
AQW  Post #: 116
5/7/2013 23:07:20   
Beck

@aliesterus
HA! The RNG still hates me more! 60SGs and 400,000 Gold later, still no Ice Orb. And I only stopped because that was when I FINALLY got some Shatters.

Would not buy with SGs again.
AQW  Post #: 117
5/7/2013 23:09:04   
aliesterus

@Beck: The only things in that pack that really interested me was Snow Orb and Frostbite. Got 3 Frostbites, and one Ice Orb, but I don't really care about Ice Orb.
AQW  Post #: 118
5/7/2013 23:10:16   
Labyth
Banned

@alie
Well when you figured out the money variable is easy to farm money yesterday I wasted 15000 gold and now I am up to 13000 gold already......and I barely have farmed for it more like I total wasted 2 hours training useless things. Then I chatted and then I decided to farm gold.so I been at this for around 1 hour. Every match is average of 225gold.(I have no x-boost)and I end every match I am in around 1:30 minutes(1minute and 30 sec.)

@below and above you guys have number that are off
4 sg for card pack if I remember well.
and 15000gold for each gold pack

I am still going for what the design note said

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 23:13:49 >
Post #: 119
5/7/2013 23:11:03   
Lemonus

Really? o-o I spent 4 SGs and 30000 Gold and got 2 Shatters, Ice Orb and Snow Orb owo

@above
It's 4

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 5/7/2013 23:13:15 >
DF AQW  Post #: 120
5/7/2013 23:14:58   
aliesterus

@Labyth: Actually I know Gold is easy to farm, but only having about 2 Hours to farm, and lots of interuptions, it's pretty hard to concentrate just on farming... Not to mention I'm farming at the Ice Cave so the mass ammounts of Ice Characters are probably getting in the way XD
But I want Cosoma so much...

Anyways, the fact that I want to have at least 100,000 gold as a base makes things much more complicated than that. That's why I'm actually farming slower than the rest. When I get Cosoma though things would probably be easier.

Anyways, did something stupid, accidentally sold Darkon Drago(The only thing in the character shop I bought) and have one SG... which is useless to me. Cause I don't use SG captures. The only exceptions to this rule was Rev(Anyone who tried to capture him understands why) and Augustiner, which I'm selling when I get the chance to.

EDIT: @Labyth: We meant that we spent in bulk. So that means I got 10 Packs total out of the SG's spent, and 2 Packs from the gold spent.

< Message edited by aliesterus -- 5/7/2013 23:16:56 >
AQW  Post #: 121
5/7/2013 23:17:22   
Labyth
Banned

@ali I farm against earth( well I only farm with my weak character on earth easy to kill creatures) and ice
Well ice and Earth are easy for my rat to kill.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/7/2013 23:22:05 >
Post #: 122
5/7/2013 23:20:40   
aliesterus

@Labyth: Ice aren't the best to farm... Because of the mass ammounts of shields they put up. Same as certain Earth Characters. I suggest farming Fire Characters as they don't actually have much shields... Except for the fact that they don't have a place only for Fire Characters yet. At the most farm Shadow Characters with a Fire Master Character because the apprentices don't really use much shields and Fire Masters would breeze through them in about three turns or less...

Got to log off guys, bye!!!
AQW  Post #: 123
5/7/2013 23:42:30   
Redingard

@Beck

Ice Orb sucks in comparison to Snow Orb. In every aspect, it fails. .-.

And you guys know certain cards won't be in CC, right? Such as Incinerate, Freeze, and Petrify? I recall Nulgath saying that on Twitter. And I have a Twitter that I use frequently. So yeah. xD

If you guys wanna talk OP, then talk about an Ice+Crush. In equation form, it'd be Ice+Crush=DEATH.

< Message edited by Redingard -- 5/7/2013 23:44:20 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
5/7/2013 23:52:38   
Beck

@Redingard
But Cosoma has Ice Orb D: Therefore, it can't be terrible! Snow Orb is just much more versatile.

And don't worry about Crush yet. Unless the Earth Series is next. Then we worry.
AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 122 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition