Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

ED Falling to Abyss

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED Falling to Abyss
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2013 16:58:37   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

I had a conversation with an old buddy over xbox the other day... We both used to play ED quite a lot and both of us paid in to it.
He wanted me to tell him whats been going on in the game. So I explained all and everything to him... Then we later
had a conversation about the future of ED and AE as a company.

Do you think ED has anywhere to go? Anything to do? If so, I'd like to hear and most probably so would others :)

~~~~~~~

This post is non-flammable and I just would like honest opinions

~~~~~~~

I won't ever be coming back to the game ED but I might continue making videos on other stuff.

~J.U.S.T.I.C.E.
~Syxortrak Ducky
~LUG Syx

There can only be one victor.
Member: 8 Years and running

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/JwmQVy_Ekfk/maxresdefault.jpg

AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/7/2013 17:05:31   
Mondez

I can't really say anything since I don't have statistical data to back up my claim, but in the long run it depends on how things are developed as time goes by. Omega wasn't as successful in terms of balance nor creativity as I hoped it would be. Sure there are no more over indulging on stats with weapons, but so far battles have either been luck based or just the popular reap-the-win builds that run rampant through the servers.

I've seen players complain and say they are leaving and the friends that I had no longer play ED anymore so my friends list is literally empty from me deleting them since I cannot fathom their return. The same applies to my guild mates who I haven't seen in over 400+ days. Looking at my experiences and the future, I have to say it is really unknown at this point because things could change in the future that can bring in good change or come and bring bad change.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/7/2013 17:08:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Players claim that ED is losing rather than gaining, but if that was the case, cuts would be made and the game wouldn't progress. Players state their opinions and put in the facts which are merely observations rather than reliable data, and think it's a fact because they say so. Also, this falls under financial discussion which isn't allowed. You should read the rules next time (usually, these are stickied in every section of the Forum -> http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17029388)

Edit:
Whoops, I forgot there was a signature option.. <_<

< Message edited by Trans -- 5/7/2013 17:27:59 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
5/7/2013 17:14:31   
Mother1

Epic duel at the rate it is going is going to crash and burn.

As it stands now there is no balance, and the game is becoming less fun due to NERFS. The sad part about it this is it isn't even because the builds are truly OP. It is because someone found an effective quick win build, people copy it and the people who have a disadvantage towards this build keep losing to them since the masses decide to use it and they complain until it get nerfed. To add injury to insult with this even with the nerf to this build there still is no balance. People just find the next OP thing when it is proven to be effective people copy it, and then those who keep losing to it complain once again until said build is nerf. They are nerfing all the fun out of the game.

But wait there is more. Next up Promo items. When I first came to Epic duel it was one promo item at a time and once that promo was gone it was gone for good. Now we have up to 3-4 promo's all selling at once not to mention promo's keep popping up left and right every month or 2. Not tom mention are these promo's available in game and in promo? With the exception of the robots no. We have to wait a year to get the items in game even if we have varium. At least before if you wanted these items and still had varium you didn't have to buy varium until you truly needed it. But now unless you want to wait a year for the promo (which will never be as good as it was when it first came into game due to people complaining for nerfs) you have to wait even if you had varium.

If Epic duel is going to last the game needs the following.

1 All classes need their own moves and only share field medic. With this you can balance a class's moves without over/under powering another class that is fine.
2 Actual balance and not these band aid's being used to cover up gaping wounds.
3 More development for game play and less Promo's items.
Epic  Post #: 4
5/7/2013 17:15:34   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

@Trans

That's my signature budd, had it for a long-long time mate :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/7/2013 17:28:27   
Ranloth
Banned

... I really haven't used the signatures in a while. Apologise for the confusion. <.< >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
5/8/2013 2:09:30   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Do you think ED has anywhere to go?

It's going to go to AE for help.

quote:

Anything to do?

Make lots of balance changes which makes the game boring.

quote:

1 All classes need their own moves and only share field medic. With this you can balance a class's moves without over/under powering another class that is fine.

They are too lazy to do that.

Even the arts in the game are much better then what titan & rabble froth are doing right now.
I wouldn't blame it on Cinderella/Charfade since they are not programmers

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 5/8/2013 2:15:32 >

Epic  Post #: 7
5/12/2013 4:58:09   
Thylek Shran

It maybe wont crash due the lack of players but will stay small.

The biggest problem of ED is the bad concept which is there since the beginning = Pay to win.
Most companies have to quit because of a bad concept inbetween the first few years.
Now we have Omega and the broken promise to stop with pay to win.
But instead of stopping with pay to win the devs decided to continue with it.
This should be the main reason why so many players left. ED always was struggling
of players leaving quickly as especially every faction leader knows very well, but maybe
ED now has a bad reputation so that alot players just dont start to play it at all.

quote:

But wait there is more. Next up Promo items. When I first came to Epic duel it was one promo item at a time and once that promo was gone it was gone for good. Now we have up to 3-4 promo's all selling at once not to mention promo's keep popping up left and right every month or 2. Not tom mention are these promo's available in game and in promo? With the exception of the robots no. We have to wait a year to get the items in game even if we have varium. At least before if you wanted these items and still had varium you didn't have to buy varium until you truly needed it. But now unless you want to wait a year for the promo (which will never be as good as it was when it first came into game due to people complaining for nerfs) you have to wait even if you had varium.

This has become really puzzling. Some weeks ago we had 3 or 4 events running at the same time.
Juloffenblotten, Valentine´s Day, St. Patrick´s Day, and Eastern/Spring. I remember the good old
days when only every few months new items got released. I mean there are now more than 150
different weapons for each category and the devs keep spamming more weapons like it is behaviour
in other AE games.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 5/12/2013 4:59:51 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 8
5/12/2013 6:21:18   
zion

One thing they have been releasing is a lot of new bots with different tactical options... but more of a focus on real skill trees for the "evolved" classes in addition to balance would be welcome.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/12/2013 6:23:54   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^ Illuminati

no ^^ your wrong zion

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 5/12/2013 6:24:23 >
Epic  Post #: 10
5/12/2013 7:04:41   
Oba

quote:

quote:

They are too lazy to do that.

True dat. We've been promised a new and unique ultimate skill on each of the evolved classes since they released ~ Its been over a year now.

< Message edited by Oba -- 5/12/2013 7:05:06 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/12/2013 7:08:09   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

True dat. We've been promised a new and unique ultimate skill on each of the evolved classes since they released ~ Its been over a year now.

AQ has promised ArchMage Class, it's been around 5-7 years now. Patience. Multi-tasking isn't easy with a small team, and neither it is for AQ since the work is split and some people are away in College which takes priority.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/12/2013 7:34:33   
Oba

quote:

AQ has promised ArchMage Class, it's been around 5-7 years now. Patience. Multi-tasking isn't easy with a small team, and neither it is for AQ since the work is split and some people are away in College which takes priority.

So because AQ didnt manage to release a class in time, its alright for ED to not fix the main core in the whole game - the PvP? Or what are you trying to point out here? I am also quite sure that, at some point when they announced Omega, they said that they finally would add these new skills to the evolved classes. Yet, nothing have happened this far.

I've said it before and I say it again. Instead of focusing their time on some useless new email system - which not yet even have a proper function, new promo's, art and "new bot appearance" they should focus their time on the basics again. Because right now, its crap. They have to fix PvP, one way or another. Making new skills could end both ways; chaos and a success. They might unbalance the game even more, but it could also bring a new charm into PvP. Its gone so far that its a issue which no longer can get ignored.

And in the last DN they even mentioned the future plans, and it says they will implent new features and improvements such as new mission interface, a core shop and improved wars. However, even though its some good improvements, I for one will have no fun with a new war or more missions with the state PvP is in right now.

< Message edited by Oba -- 5/12/2013 7:37:43 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/12/2013 7:42:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Who says about releasing class on time? There was no timeframe given for the release, just a notice that it's 'Coming Soon!' for past 5-7 years or so. Sweep which is rebalancing whole of AQ has started in.. either '08 or '07, and it's still ongoing with many items still being unchanged but making progress. That's 5-6 years already and still not done! Totally slacking, right? No. <.<

Adding new skills to the evolved classes in Omega. Don't take the meaning of it "Once Omega is out, so will the skills." since Omega can last years, so you may even wait years. Just like AQ's ArchMage is still coming soon but the person on it is away at College, yet no one has a problem with that since the work will resume once he's back.
Fixing PvP? If you're on about deflections and blocks, Rabble is working on it but it won't be done on weekly basis since it's too little time when coupled with the weekly release. Blocks have had their first adjustment when they got changed to 85% of the damage blocked, but this isn't the end. In the same way, Crits and Rage will be reworked since they need looking at. Rage in particular.

"useless new email system" - only because you don't see much purpose in it, that doesn't mean it's useless. We all apologise for not having FB or Twitter or Forum account to keep up-to-date, whilst this could solve it for players, especially new ones who may not even be aware of DNs and the weekly releases.
In the same way, why should they fix PvP if I like dressing up in ED? Another useless feature for me which is PvP, so let's forget about it. I don't need it, therefore it's useless. But that doesn't mean everyone share the same view. If something is useless for yourself, don't assume it is for everyone else.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
5/12/2013 7:49:54   
Oba

quote:

"useless new email system" - only because you don't see much purpose in it, that doesn't mean it's useless. We all apologise for not having FB or Twitter or Forum account to keep up-to-date, whilst this could solve it for players, especially new ones who may not even be aware of DNs and the weekly releases.

The mail system right now, is basically just the "Whats new button" but now you have to open the "New messages" and via that go and read whats new. It was simplier before. And as I always have said, use the design notes to keep players informed, not facebook or twitter.
And if you dont think new players know about DNs, I suggest making a BIG link on the game page which take you to the design notes.

quote:

In the same way, why should they fix PvP if I like dressing up in ED? Another useless feature for me which is PvP, so let's forget about it. I don't need it, therefore it's useless. But that doesn't mean everyone share the same view. If something is useless for yourself, don't assume it is for everyone else.

Its a PvP game. I know you like to troll me but this was just a big fail of yours.. the whole game is based on PvP and therefor PvP should be the first and most important thing to keep their focus on and keep up to date. And if you like dressing up, go buy a barbie doll instead.

"EpicDuel Player-vs-Player MMO - EpicDuel is a PVP-focused massively multiplayer game that plays in your web browser." If it would've said "EpicDuel Buy-A-Dress MMO - EpicDuel is a Dress Me-focused multiplayer game that plays in your web browser", you would've been correct.

You also mention that new players dont know about DNs etc. How many new players do you think start playing for a) the PvP or b) the costumization which exist in all RPG/MMO games, when they read this description of the game?

< Message edited by Oba -- 5/12/2013 8:24:10 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/12/2013 9:26:45   
Sageofpeace

we don't need new events, we don't need new war, we don't need new weapons, we don't need new promos, seasonal rare or limited rare, or useless features

What we need right now are Cores that are here to stay with different animation and different use so we at least feel that there a variety of choices
What we need right now are BOTS that are here to stay again so we feel that there is variety to choose from
Improving Factions war would be nice too a long with better reward for daily winners such as first place(7000 Credit and 500 tokens)Second place(4000 credit and 250 tokens)third place(1000 credit and 50 tokens) and the other 12 player get 500 credit each or something along the line just for playing that much.Faction improvement for daily too such a first place(1000 tokens on there flags and 500 influence too)Second place(500 tokens and 250 influence)Third place (100 tokens and 100 influence) the other 12 faction could get 50 tokens 50 influence just do something to encouraging player to be more active and make the game more competitive.

AND MOST IMPORTANT PVP BATTLE and Balance

we need you to focus on pvp which you never done you only focus on ways to improve your financial need which is why the game is so doll.for example 2vs2 after level 30 people really shouln't be a lot to enter without having all weapon after 33 you should have your weapon fully upgraded too with the exception of cores ,juggernut it was a good idea but it wasn't think of it enough right now is just forcing player to do something they don't wanted at least it should reward player differently to encourage player to be better.to tell you the truth i don't struggle with balance(there was a time and that was on beta with heal looping mages it was the most annoying thing that happen to me in this game even when i was non varuim back them i wasn't so mad)

Please stop been lazy and create different skill for each class that way we don't have to jump to the stronger one every time
Post #: 16
5/12/2013 11:54:30   
Luna_moonraider

ED falling to the Abyss hmm maybe... but i do not think it would happen anytime soon. well AE will find a way to keep ED alive. events,adds ect ect.

The big problem about ed right now is it is still a P2W game despite the devs saying that the are making the non var/var gap smaller and making it "fairer" for non vars. ED becomes dull once u hit the max lvl and done all mission, get the best core and best weps for variums. the devs are making promos which require u to buy 10k var to get the promo weps in order to cover up the losses they made by making all weps in game purchasable using credits. i would be dam bloody angry if i was a varium buyer cause u cant do much with varium there is not many exclusive thing u can do with varium which help u in pvp(hardly any right now with the exclusion of getting new bots without farming credits and class change). idk y the devs do not make wep which can only be purchased with varium. the game is not very interesting to me. i think the varium last time is much more worth buying than the varium now.

ED become boring if u have nothing to do but farm credits/play for faction. even factions are dull and boring. there is nothing u can do in a faction.there is no incentive when your faction wins a faction daily(1v1/2v2/jug). flag does nothing but give the faction influence and tokens are still as useless as when it first came out. the devs really need to find a way to make this game not dull and boring at high lvls. i just love playing a new char but when i play my main i dun feel good feels boring feel dull as the balance at high lvls is well bad and everything is about LUCK.

AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/12/2013 13:09:10   
martinsen5

@Luna_moonraider| Every game is like this. Once you hit level cap, get all items, etc, IT GETS BORING. That's when you either find a new game, or keep playing the same old over and over. But yeah I agree, the devs should definitely try to find a solution.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/12/2013 15:57:56   
DARK SOUL OF HELL

Progressing in ED like this is a dead end .
The devs need a major switch in the game , otherwise their is no future for ED
until now OMEGA had been a major major mistake , nothing worked out the right way ( absolutely nothing ) , two same sagas in a row ( Y ) .
instead of wasting time on a saga that is exactly the same y not focus on the real problem which is the pvp .
evolved classes have the same skills as the normal classes , saga get finished in a 3 day time maxed out ................................
I personally see the problem that the devs don't look in the future of their actions .
for example : 1- y put a ****load of new weapons if they are all the same now ?
2- if u are going to put new bots don't give it a sky high price ( i mean a bot that cost 45k,,, that's 5k less then class changing ,,,, are you kidding me ?
3- when you are facing a problem in pvp which is luck related you don't increase the number of luck cores
i can seriously go on forever
but here's the one most dumb thing of all : jugg battles . Explain to me : Y in hell can't a lvl 35 character get a win ratio% close to 90 while a lvl 25 character with half of his experience and in his half way of completing his journey in ED get a 95% ratio . jugg is a mode for experienced players to take out two opponents which mean that when u get more experience it get's easier but it isn't the case .
As conclusion : ED is in a journey of crashing , it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo out of balance
Post #: 19
5/12/2013 16:23:38   
Oba

quote:

Explain to me : Y in hell can't a lvl 35 character get a win ratio% close to 90 while a lvl 25 character with half of his experience and in his half way of completing his journey in ED get a 95% ratio . jugg is a mode for experienced players to take out two opponents which mean that when u get more experience it get's easier but it isn't the case .

However, if someone gets 90%+ in a daily basis in a battle mode something is wrong, imho. Starting a jugg battle shouldnt be a guaranteed win.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/12/2013 16:30:58   
aurther13th

yea i agree, ED is headed south. I played a game that started in 08, called CrimeCraft. i freakin loved the game, still do, its still running but with very few players. it started to fall due to op players using the same build over and over. it had tournys and a group of 4 would use op set ups and it killed the game. plus with gold bars, ED varium, they would buy items that were a bit better then the best lvl 50, lvl 50 is the cap, so they had a better advantage. i can see ED as just droping to a small population. might not totally go away but still.
Epic  Post #: 21
5/12/2013 17:02:50   
Thylek Shran

quote:

All classes need their own moves and only share field medic. With this you can balance a class's moves without over/under powering another class that is fine.

Please stop been lazy and create different skill for each class that way we don't have to jump to the stronger one every time

I dont see how this should help with balance. It would just lead to another
balance chaos because balance would start over. Perfect class balance is
only possible with a single class. Could you please explain further and
make an example Mother1 and Sageofpeace ?

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 22
5/12/2013 17:17:57   
EnlightenedSpirit
Banned

All you guys do is point out the obvious. No wonder this game is going down the drain...
Post #: 23
5/12/2013 17:30:59   
Angels Holocaust

There is no end to this pit of despair. We've been falling since mid beta. I don't even know where to start anymore, it feels as though there are a bunch of Trojan horses inside of ED, trying to sabotage it from the inside out. Who's in charge of balance anyway? Can we get a list of the individuals responsible for spiraling this game into oblivion? They must be held accountable to some extent for their failed balance policies. Until we hold the baggage responsible for these terrible balance updates, we can never fix this game.

Post #: 24
5/12/2013 17:36:14   
Mother1

@ thylek shran

Let's take the old Plasma rain nerf when the changed what it improved with from tech to dex. This nerf was done to make it so Tech mage casters couldn't destroy everything with tech so fast. However Blood mage which was actually fine with Plasma rain also got this nerf all because they shared the same move as Tech mage. So because they shared the same move there was a roll over effect.

So explain to me this. How are we suppose to get the classes balanced if by buffing/nerfing a class can cause another class which is balanced to become Underpowered/Overpowered because they share the same move that got a nerf/buff? Answer you can't since you are affecting the other classes that have these moves. However if all the classes had their own unique moves (with Field medic being the exception) Then the staff can work on one class and balance it without affecting another class that doesn't need buffing/nerfing.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED Falling to Abyss
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition