Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

IA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> IA
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2013 15:40:19   
DARK SOUL OF HELL

are u kidding me ?
it was a debuff after debuff after debuff ........................... how many time did that bot get debuffed ?
it is rubbish now .
something should be done in order to make it strong again .
and i really don't understand why a bot that is used for dmg has less initial dmg then a bot used for it's special ( 15 for IA < 18 for yeti ) .
it should be the other way around .

< Message edited by DARK SOUL OF HELL -- 5/20/2013 15:42:21 >
Post #: 1
5/20/2013 16:01:56   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

i really don't understand why a bot that is used for dmg has less initial dmg then a bot used for it's special ( 15 for IA < 18 for yeti )

So... Bots don't have normal attack? You think of a Bot as one core and then it's useless? No. It shouldn't be the other way around either. Why should a Bot get even higher damage if it's used for its special? Damage raising = IA's special.

Just using your logic. Oh btw, Yeti's effect deals 85% damage, if not less even. IA's deals 130%. >_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/20/2013 18:02:55   
vordalthe2nd

trans

That still does not change the fact that IA is horrible now, esspecially its regular damage ( the physical attack).
Post #: 3
5/20/2013 18:29:58   
Ranloth
Banned

IA is horrible in what way? Physical attack does 100% damage and with Focus 5 + 85 Tech, you can still hit pretty well. Just like with Focus 5 build + your weapons. Horrible is opinion based from what I can see since you don't justify how it's horrible. I've explained in the other Focus thread why Focus was nerfed and it was justified + requested by many players as well. IA still does high damage but isn't as game-breaking as it used to be.

Remember, horrible =/= UP. Opinions can be biased. If it's that horrible, why do many players still use it? Oh right.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/20/2013 18:30:06   
Xendran

IA is amazing if you use it properly.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
5/20/2013 20:07:53   
toopygoo

IA does huge damage if done right. agreed.

even other bots (such as assault) which if you dont get debuffed, you only have regular attacks, can come in really handy. its does 51 damage, which is the highest ive got (im more defensive) for 0 energy cost
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/20/2013 20:52:10   
NDB

While I agree that IA is still good, the Botanical Hazard is much, much better if used right. Period.
Epic  Post #: 7
5/20/2013 22:01:49   
Dual Thrusters

If we were to buff it, I'd say just raise the cap damage to 140% or give the bot extra base damage.

Though, it is still pretty tough.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/20/2013 22:07:43   
Mother1

@ DSOH

The bot actually received 6 nerfs altogether, and an indirect nerf since focus got nerfed. Besides the bot was vastly overpowered from the start and IMO should have never been put into the game since it wasn't tested properly.
Epic  Post #: 9
5/21/2013 0:20:10   
NDB

quote:

If it's that horrible, why do many players still use it?

Because its the bot they've always had and they haven't realized that it isn't the best bot anymore. Because they can't afford to buy any other bot. Because they don't want to waste credits on another bot. Because they don't know what other bot to get. Because many people have stopped using it.
Epic  Post #: 10
5/21/2013 6:12:27   
Xendran

quote:

While I agree that IA is still good, the Botanical Hazard is much, much better if used right. Period.

You can outdamage botanicals poison with regular attacks on people with higher hp.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
5/21/2013 7:37:13   
Ranloth
Banned

It's debatable which one is better. On high HP builds, Botanical will be close to useless. Likewise with likes of glass cannons - 3 damage followed by 7-8 damage Poison whilst your normal attack can probably deal 20-30 damage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/21/2013 7:42:09   
Xendran

quote:

It's debatable which one is better.

This is exactly how bots should be.
Choosing between botanical, yeti and IA is a hard decision, which shows that currently they're fairly well balanced with each other (for now).
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
5/21/2013 23:40:59   
  Exploding Penguin

It also depends on what class. Classes like CH which can really remove your energy quickly while tanking can easily make it so you can't field medic out of poison spores. However, classes like TLM where your tech will naturally be higher in most cases would probably fit IA more because it's special attack is heavily %-based.
Epic  Post #: 14
5/22/2013 2:13:59   
Bloodpact

IA is deviously good when used right, well balanced now.
If i was ever forced to nerf it or buff it i'd sooner nerf it.
Epic  Post #: 15
5/22/2013 2:44:25   
Xendran

IA is pretty manageable right now.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
5/28/2013 21:21:52   
ED Divine Darkness

Actually, i think it is round 13 but im not sure if the rounds you cant use the spec count as a 5% for the bot. Can any1 tell me pls?
snd i do think it was nerfed a bit 2 much
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/29/2013 12:59:21   
Necromantres

well since wih 0 focus i can still get up to 35 damage with IA special i wouldn't really call it horrible.
Epic  Post #: 18
5/29/2013 13:46:02   
DanniiBoiixD

You complain about IA? Gamma bot is one of the most useless right now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/29/2013 14:25:03   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Gamma bot is one of the most useless right now.

Last time I've heard, Gamma Bot was claimed to be OP since the Energy attack could be used over and over again, unlike IA's.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
5/29/2013 16:25:40   
DanniiBoiixD

It is not OP, it is completely balanced core-wise. The problem is that all the other bots have super effective cores, unlike their bland regular attacks, and Gamma has 2 regular attacks, which have been dealing garbage damage since the focus nerf. I think they should undo the nerfing of focus. It was not necessary at all. All they had to do was make other builds viable. But no, they constantly nerf stuff just because people complain too many people use it. It makes me sick to the stomach to know that because people complain about stuff, even if there is nothing wrong with it, it gets nerfed to the ground!

EDIT: I thought they said focus was going to be changed, not nerfed to be nearly useless..

< Message edited by DanniiBoiixD -- 5/29/2013 16:30:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/29/2013 16:27:57   
Ranloth
Banned

No. The nerf to Focus was justified and it was fair. You could achieve higher damage with Focus 5 and moderate Tech than if you've had the same amount of Strength. I think you needed around 120 Strength to match damage to that of standard Focus 5 build. It wasn't just another nerf but Focus needed to be bumped down after diminishing returns were put on Strength and Support.
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
5/29/2013 16:29:45   
DanniiBoiixD

It got bumped down too much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/29/2013 16:35:33   
Mother1

@ danniiboiiD

The reason why they nerfed focus while I don't agree with it is because focus made robots more powerful then everything else. (Which was due to them nerfing everything else prior to the focus nerf) So that is why they in your own words nerfed focus into the ground but in all honestly they made focus equal to the other items.

Also you think all the cores that robots have are super effective? I can think of a few that aren't and I can name a few people call useless. Here are a few that many think are useless.

Cleanse - Assault bot P and E
Color blast - Ballistic bunny bot and energy counterpart
Thorns - Bio borg

Epic  Post #: 24
5/29/2013 16:40:57   
DanniiBoiixD

Yes, and I said that they should have just made everything else viable. Lower the freaking diminishing on str and sup. That's the reason there are so many tank builds. Omega was supposed to increase creativity. But, all they did, and are continuing to do, is nerf all means of damage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> IA
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition