Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2013 14:26:41   
darkllord233
Banned

quote:

May 23, 2013
The Dread War

Hey there, EpicDuelists! Ready for your heaping helping of Design Notes, served just the way mama likes 'em? Whose mama I'm not really sure. It's not my mama. But apparently she likes the way I write Design Notes. So, let's get started, shall we?

New Package

To commemorate the upcoming war, we'll be offering special packages with Legion and Exile goodies for your dueling pleasure. Each pack comes with a Physical Mutating weapon and an Energy Mutating Weapon, which come equipped with the Exile Strike Core (for Exiles), or the Legion Strike Core (for Legionnaires) that call in reinforcements against the opposing alignment. These packages also contain War Chests. What is their purpose? That will be revealed during the war!

Balance Changes

To make battles a bit more engaging, passive skills are being converted into active skills. With so many points to distribute at the level cap, very little is sacrificed by investing in passives, to the point that they become requirements for most viable builds. Although not all passives will be converted to active skills this release, eventually we would like them all to become active.

Another long-overlooked area has been energy regain for mercenaries, so that class will now be given an energy regain skill. Since many of the changes are still in the testing phase, look for more specific balance changes in tomorrow's patch notes!

The Dread Plains

East of the Barrens lays the plains of Kiirdosh. At least, that's what they were called long ago. After the Kiirdosh Mountains were leveled for Varium mining, the plains were not suitable for human life, and the mountain lizard-goats and dire wolves took over the abandoned mining outposts. However, below the rich volcanic soil and pure groundwater are lodes and lodes of precious gems, and fuel sources, so Legion and Exile forces alike venture into the Dread Plains for the economic resources it contains.

The Plains are currently held by the Legion and overseen by the terrifying Administrator 10. There is a name he uses for official records, but like many coming from the Syndicate, it is not the name he was given at birth. During the Uprising, many of Delta V's criminal element aligned themselves with Oz and the Exiles, and seeing his opportunity to forge a new life for himself, he traded his criminal allies for a cushy spot in the Administration. However, excepting all of her bad qualities Alydriah values loyalty and trustworthiness. This dishonorable man could not be trusted with the health and welfare of Delta V's populace, so although he is technically the administrator of Fortune City's 10th District, his talent for underhanded tactics is much better suited for a post far, far away from the seat of the Administration. But his hold on the area is tenuous, and after feeling the sting of defeat at the hands of John St. Alban last year, Administrator Descarl isn't taking any chances and is personally supporting the Administrator in this endeavor.

The miner grasped onto her holdfast and watched the pebbles crumble beneath her foot. The foothold was apparently not as sturdy as she'd hoped. Moreso than falling, she feared awakening the dire wolves who might attack the rest of the expedition. Finally, she got to the pit, attached her holdfast and lowered herself down into the infinite blackness.

“Oi! Neris!” a male voice echoed up the shaft. “What took you so long?”

“Your fat feet crushed up all the good footholds, ain't my fault.” She unhooked herself, landed, and turned on her helmet light to illuminate her partner's face. “Why's your helmet off?”

The man's skin was blue from the silver deposited just below the surface, as is traditional for those from Delta VI, and his weathered face scrunched up. “You kiddin'? This feels just like home.” The surface of Delta VI is uninhabitable, so the people live in subterranean cities, illuminated by the bioluminescent fungi. Neris nodded, this was exactly like Taryn's homeworld.

“Come on, we've got glass to harvest. The first sunrise is in 6 hours, so we ain't got long.” They ventured further, chiseling out a path along the way. After about an hour, she spotted a sparkle in the rocks. Varium. She waved Taryn over.

“Man, this is better than glass.” Taryn shone his spectrophotometer on the crystal. “150 units for this rock. Ain't much, but there might be more.” Neris prepared the extractor, and cracked open the vein, revealing the beautiful gleaming varium.

“A whole lot more than 150, Taryn. This is gonna change our lives” Overjoyed at their fortune, they gathered the precious crystal, losing track of time. Before they knew it, the time limit had passed. Panic fell over the two of them as light streamed through an opening in the wall. When they heard the growls, they knew the worst had happened. The wolves had awakened, and they were hungry.

Taryn pointed toward the shaft. “We can take our chances with the mountain. Come on.” The two ran back through the cavern, the growls of the dire wolves echoing throughout. They reached the shaft, seeing two of their colleagues. Neris shouted for them to send down a cable, and began to scramble up. Neris reached the top first, while Taryn lagged. Neris pointed a gun straight down.

“What are you doing?”

“Don't move.”

“What?”

“You don't think I'm going to let you take this with you. I have better uses for this varium.”

“Neris, what do you mean?”

“I know you've been turning in Exile sympathizers. It took far too long to get close enough to do this.”

“You're one of THEM?”

"Don't act so innocent. I know you'd do the same. No, worse. I'll only kill you. You'd have handed me over to Baelius's goons. See you on the other side.” She shot- it went cleanly through his forehead and the body fell into the pit. One of Neris's companions shot a flare, causing the shaft to fall in on itself. The second sun rose, and the three Exiles traveled back to camp, the only witnesses to the murder a pack of wolves.

Neris removed her helmet, revealing long black hair. Her companion who was not driving removed her helmet as well, displaying the pointed ears and delicate features of a Tech Mage.

“My husband will give you a new name, and a new occupation as thanks for this.”

Neris shrugged. “Anything for the cause, Calissa.” She took a knife out of her boot and started sawing at her hair. “Who am I now?”

“Your name,” Calissa said “is Anya.”
Tags: Legion exile Varium Promotion War balance Cores balance Cinderella

Tagged and formatted. Updated with new info. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 5/23/2013 17:50:34 >
Epic  Post #: 1
5/23/2013 14:30:26   
Necromantres

great...when i finaly change to TlM mercenaries get an energy regain and passive will be active..i hate my luck...
Epic  Post #: 2
5/23/2013 14:31:16   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm sounds interesting :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/23/2013 14:32:20   
Xendran

In before mercenary and cyber hunter become completely obsolete, and mage is lowered down to a total of 3 viable builds.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
5/23/2013 14:34:39   
Trae

Whoop!
Those weapons are MINE!
Looks awesome wondering about passive becoming actives....
Also merc with energy regain must make GOONY happy
Ps. Not sure what side I am on yet......
Pps. Can't wait to see what the chests hold

< Message edited by Trae -- 5/23/2013 14:41:25 >
Epic  Post #: 5
5/23/2013 14:35:17   
darkllord233
Banned

Me too :)

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
Epic  Post #: 6
5/23/2013 14:35:29   
Xendran

quote:

Also merc with energy regain must make GOONY happy

Wait until you see what else is going to happen to the class.
Hybrid armor going active is pretty much guaranteed to make the entire class obsolete.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/23/2013 14:37:04 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
5/23/2013 14:36:56   
Ranloth
Banned

I wonder how Adrenaline will end up.. Probably taken out completely unless it gets some decent effect that would be worth wasting a turn for. I wonder how the balance will look as well.. I see beginning of Omega returning with this update.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
5/23/2013 14:37:33   
Snaipera

So Blood Mage and the always-managing-to-survive Bounty Hunter classes now become the only ones without energy regain. I really want to see how this turns out and whether we will need yet another adjustment after this adjustment ....
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/23/2013 14:37:34   
Xendran

@Trans: I wish adrenaline was getting taken out, but it's one of the skills that they seem intent on keeping.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
5/23/2013 14:41:41   
Smackie El Frog

So what will happen to our Passive Cores we already purchased?? So confused.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/23/2013 14:49:20   
Cookielord12

So tanking becomes pretty much impossible for any class now as there are no passive armours (unless all Sup and Str is sacrificed).

Just what the game needs! More strength and sup builds running around, ending battles in 3 turns and decreasing strategy.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/23/2013 14:50:06   
Ranloth
Banned

It says passive skills, I don't see cores mentioned anywhere. So I'd assume classes will have 12 active skills and passive cores will stay as they are.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
5/23/2013 14:51:38   
Snaipera

^ what strategy? Boring me to death with builds of 50 defense/resistance is strategy? Really? I'd prefer dynamic battles rather than hitting 3s on tactical mercs while I wait for their android or surgical strike to deal ridiculous damage..
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/23/2013 14:52:40   
Cookielord12

IMO, short battles are the worst, the battles are over before I got the chance to do a great deal, but we have our opinions.

When the core becomes active, it takes a turn to use it and it lasts for the whole fight, right?

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 5/23/2013 14:59:09 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/23/2013 14:56:25   
Noobatron x3000

quote:

Wait until you see what else is going to happen to the class.
Hybrid armor going active is pretty much guaranteed to make the entire class obsolete.

I see this as a problem for all classes if i understand correctly waste a turn using it to get it for the rest of the match in 2v2 that could potentially end the fight before it starts.

I absolutely do not like the sound of this update I think it will cause more problems then it solves.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 5/23/2013 15:00:44 >
Post #: 16
5/23/2013 15:00:37   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

O_O. I'm not getting the storyline....

All I know is Neris made her hair shorter too look like Anya so is there two anyas?
Since I don't se if Anya got shot since she is a 'she' not a 'he'. Taryn must have got shot then.
So that means neris will try and make anya betray exile....

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 5/23/2013 15:08:16 >
Epic  Post #: 17
5/23/2013 15:01:46   
beastmo

Vivid will carry Exile.

Posting in all capital letters is considered spam. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 5/23/2013 15:50:43 >
Epic  Post #: 18
5/23/2013 15:08:58   
Noobatron x3000

Everybody's getting side tracked by the war i wonder how long that will last when people discover the salt in the coffee when this update gos live.
Post #: 19
5/23/2013 15:19:56   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

quote:

So what will happen to our Passive Cores we already purchased?? So confused.
Its actually the passive skills that are being converted. The passive cores will still be passive.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/23/2013 15:32:33   
Smackie El Frog

Ok ty Mecha for the quick response.

This looks like it is gonna be a game changer of a release!

Looking forward to more details
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/23/2013 15:45:24   
Ranloth
Banned

The DNs have been slightly altered:
quote:

To make battles a bit more engaging, passive skills are being converted into active skills. With so many points to distribute at the level cap, very little is sacrificed by investing in passives, to the point that they become requirements for most viable builds. Although not all passives will be converted to active skills this release, eventually we would like them all to become active.

Another long-overlooked area has been energy regain for mercenaries, so that class will now be given an energy regain skill. Since many of the changes are still in the testing phase, look for more specific balance changes in tomorrow's patch notes!

Please take your time with it, even if it means a Saturday release.. Literally no one wants imbalance like the one with Strength abuse and Support abuse afterwards. Take your time and get it done as it should be, even at a cost of delay. Delay may save us from a week of OP builds roaming around due to certain areas being waaaaaaay too UP or waaaaaaay too OP.
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
5/23/2013 15:50:22   
Xendran

To the devs: Is it worth it for me to spend time creating balanced active versions of the current passives, or would they simply not be considered?
Just want to know before hand so i don't waste time on something that does nothing.

Examples:

Static Barrier (Cyber Hunter Shadow Arts Replacement)
Length: 3 turns
A percentage of damage taken is reduced.
A percentage of the damage reduced is taken from your energy pool. If not enough energy is present, no damage will be reduced.
Cost: 0 (One turn)

23% Damage reduced | 73% EP Damage
25% Damage reduced | 71% EP Damage
28% Damage reduced | 69% EP Damage
30% Damage reduced | 67% EP Damage
33% Damage reduced | 65% EP Damage
35% Damage reduced | 64% EP Damage
38% Damage reduced | 63% EP Damage
40% Damage reduced | 62% EP Damage
43% Damage reduced | 61% EP Damage
45% Damage reduced | 60% EP Damage

Shadow Arts
Length: 3 turns
Jump out of the way of enemy blockable attacks, allowing them to only clip you.
Reduces damage from blockable attacks.

50% | 12 Energy Cost
55% | 14
60% | 16
65% | 18
70% | 20
75% | 22
80% | 24
85% | 26
90% | 28
95% | 30 Energy Cost

NOTE: Increase base cost of all shields and buffs in the game by 50%

Dealy Aim
Inflicts enhanced damage with your sidearm

5%  | 4 Energy cost
8%  | 5 Energy cost
11% | 5 Energy cost
14% | 7 Energy cost
17% | 8 Energy cost
20% | 9 Energy cost
23% | 10 Energy cost
26% | 11 Energy cost
29% | 12 Energy cost
32% | 13 Energy cost

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/23/2013 15:57:35 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
5/23/2013 15:52:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Hm. Also, would it not be better to release all the passives as actives at once, instead of changing a few and leaving others as they are? You could alter the balance greatly - even if temporarily - and screw many people over, Varium/Credit wise as well as PvP wise.
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
5/23/2013 15:57:19   
Drianx

quote:

I'd rather think that classes which had the worst passives combo - Mercenary - will benefit the most from this.
Besides, Mercenary has some of the best burst damage skills in the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition