Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2013 19:05:33   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Mother there is no real consensus of opinion from the masses other than they are not happy with the current status quo. That's what annoys me about all the doom proclaimers. It is only one class that is being changed this week in relation to passive skills and most would agree that mercenaries could use some more options in battle. But just because the developers suggested the passives would be gradually removed it's all too much of a change and the popular opinion seems to be that this will make balance worse.

There are some other balance changes in the update that do address specific builds that are problematic in the game. These are still being tested so I can't disclose the changes.

I can also make assumptions about the changes and at times I have made comments about proposed changes without knowing the details. Yup, Rabblefroth and Titan must at times get sick of some of my comments, but like most of the players who post on the forum it is because we enjoy playing the game.

@Mondez, the length of battles is something that I have noted for some time now. I want more strategy too and changing some of the must have skills like passives will help in the long run.

< Message edited by Goony -- 5/23/2013 19:45:36 >
Epic  Post #: 51
5/23/2013 19:09:54   
Sipping Cider

Best balance update ever!!!! If the they do it right....

Balancing the skills is a great step towards diversity.

If g00ny got the devs to do this, thank you g00ny
Epic  Post #: 52
5/23/2013 19:11:19   
LatinLover/Martini

Making every passive skill active is ridiculous. Why don't you just give everyone the same skill? They keep making varium a pointless thing which makes them more money. I see this change going nowhere. Sorry.

< Message edited by LatinLover/Martini -- 5/23/2013 19:13:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/23/2013 19:12:01   
Ranloth
Banned

Passive SKILLS, not cores.. Read carefully next time. :|
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
5/23/2013 19:13:38   
LatinLover/Martini

I call them the same thing. I know they are skills.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/23/2013 19:15:10   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

If g00ny got the devs to do this, thank you g00ny

Nope, Rabblefroth has been planning on changing passive skills for some time now, he's been busy with other aspects of the game. I was just a serial pest begging for changes to be made ;)
Epic  Post #: 56
5/23/2013 19:16:18   
Mondez

At the moment we know nothing on how this'll work, but at the moment it still sounds terrible to balance in my opinion. If there are changes to the passive skills themselves then I would let it pass.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
5/23/2013 19:17:03   
LatinLover/Martini

On top of what I was saying. You might as well make all skills the same for everyone or take em out completely. No one will waste a turn using reroute that will only give them 5 energy. Its just like static charge.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
5/23/2013 19:20:34   
Dual Thrusters

Things will get very interesting now >:D

But I still want a promo for the lower varium packages :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
5/23/2013 19:25:00   
Noobatron x3000

^ yeah waste a turn in 2v2 to turn energy regain or hp regain on etc etc or put MA up or PA and they get two free shots before you deal any damage. I hate the sound of this update
Post #: 60
5/23/2013 19:26:31   
DanniiBoiixD

This sounds really awesome. I just need to farm 1000 artix points to upgrade my claws to max level for this new war.
I can picture a bunch of strategies being played. I will probably have to buy varium for cores and a new energy weapon though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/23/2013 19:36:54   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

waste a turn in 2v2 to turn energy regain or hp

Ahem* Frenzy and Static charge :P

And they will probably make it so they are actually usable

quote:

put MA up or PA

Ahem* Defense Matrix, Energy Sheild, Technitian, and Reflex Boost.

Again, they might still be usable

I personally never liked using passive skills. I thought switching from a Bounty Hunter to a Cyber Hunter was my biggest mistake, but I beg to differ now in this update >:D.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
5/23/2013 19:37:08   
Ranloth
Banned

I love how Hun thinks it's all against BMs to make them suck even more, since BMs are the most UP class and Mercenaries (non-Support) are the most OP. Yes, let's all judge the release without any information being given and how it'll work. Go you! \o/
AQ Epic  Post #: 63
5/23/2013 20:04:21   
Noobatron x3000

@Dual you'd better be able to deal damage with whatever they replace reroute with then as you can with frenzy and static.

And comparing a active skill that increases your defense to something that gives you EP regain or HP regain i don't see where your coming from completely different. And they're going to have to improve mineral in my opinion to make it worth it +10 for a turn wasted . The buffs such as shields are a lot more potent then the passives. Unless they are MASSIVELY improved this is a awful idea.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 5/23/2013 20:19:39 >
Post #: 64
5/23/2013 20:16:58   
ale6300

What about Focus? focus builds rely on passives and their weapons, now with that update will be a indirect nerf to focus again. all my builds for every class will be destroyed with that update, only if they make the passives to actives more interesting, like shadow arts, will need to waste turn to use shadow arts? to increase 10% my block chance only? tomorrow update can be good to make me to play more, or worse to leave the game, ill pray to be good, dont want to leave a good game.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
5/23/2013 20:20:50   
Ranloth
Banned

Every build relies on passives. You have no information on how it'll work and no class will have a passive skill so every build will be affected. Waste a turn to use SA? Who's said it will remain in the existing state? They'll be altered. Why? What's the point in PA/MA/HA if you can use a Shield? Exactly.
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
5/23/2013 21:10:52   
Noobatron x3000

Well the easy excuse for the devs on that because merc has no energy shield or physical TLM has no shield for def and cyber has no shield for res. That could be one reason in there being a point is it worth wasting a turn for +10 in my opinion no so i hope they're significantly improved.
Post #: 67
5/23/2013 21:15:04   
Ranloth
Banned

They'll likely work on % basis. You activate the skill, and receive x% less Physical/Energy damage - based on the skill's level - for set amount of time. So say Lvl 10 HA may reduce incoming Energy and Physical damage by 30% for 5 turns. So 70 damage will be cut down to 49, then you account for your defences. Or it may work for set amount of damage coming in; activating the skill will reduce the damage by 30% for up to 100 damage reduced; lasts indefinitely until the 100 damage limit is met, then you activate the skill again.
AQ Epic  Post #: 68
5/23/2013 21:18:26   
Noobatron x3000

^And if you don't go first ? Your going to use your passive then probably be forced to heal . Watch the quick kill builds rise with this release support particularly since it pretty much guarantees a first turn
Post #: 69
5/23/2013 21:19:03   
CodexC

I'm not playing ED anymore if they don't leave at least a few passives. Crazy dmg builds will rule again, and classes without hard hitting skills will get destroyed. (BH,CH and probobly Tlm) We will go back to see who can hit the hardest first and that will usually ensure a win. IMO ED has taken a turn for the worse once again.
Epic  Post #: 70
5/23/2013 21:22:39   
Ranloth
Banned

So.. you will use it on your turn? Judging by what you've said, what's the point of DA if you go 2nd? Classes without passive Armors do just fine on the first turn. I was just explaining to you how it may possibly work. I don't see HOW this is a problem. Quick kill builds? Yeah, because.. passive Armors are already ignored on Crits and Rage (no difference with Support), and BL won't stack with every single attack but you'll have to activate it first, likewise with Reroute and looping Energy.

You're overexaggerating the change. 3 classes are doing perfectly well on the 1st turn (when they go second) despite the lack of passive Armor. How will that be different now for CHs, TLMs, and Mercs? If we can survive as BMs, TMs and BHs, why shouldn't you? Our respectable passives (BL/Reroute) will also be changed to active.

Again, way to go by judging the release without any information being out yet. Literally nothing. Of course change is bad for some but it has its good sides. Not everyone like changes but that doesn't mean they cannot be made since there will be some who like it. But without information, you cannot really say it'll affect the game negatively. Just like prior to Omega, people were saying everything will be imbalanced. (before you do say ANYTHING, we're talking about speculation at the time without any information, NOT comparing it to now and then)

< Message edited by Trans -- 5/23/2013 21:26:02 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 71
5/23/2013 21:27:44   
Noobatron x3000

Funny i got a lot of opposition when i said how horrendous omega would be before the release . Said merc strength builds would take over no one believed me then all ate humble pie after the release. I said when they nerfed strength they were leaving the door wide open for support again no one believed me guess what i was right again :P . 3rd times a charm i shall wait for the horror to unfold and watch the forums explode.
Post #: 72
5/23/2013 21:31:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Speculation or opinions =/= fact. You're already comparing something without any information being given, at all. Prior to Omega, we at least had information regarding changes (such as HP/EP change) hence why some people could see quick-kill builds being too good. Here, it's a bit different.
AQ Epic  Post #: 73
5/23/2013 21:47:25   
SouL Prisoner

Why is that I always feel exile weapons are better?? Is coz I'm on legion side??

Anyways, love the new area. It's gonna be my starting point from now on :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
5/24/2013 0:30:18   
NDB

@SOuL Prisnor I actually like the Legion weapons better :P. And I'm Exile.
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 23rd, 2013 - The Dread War
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition