Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Lack of dev interaction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Lack of dev interaction
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2013 3:34:10   
Xendran

Just gonna say 2 things:

1. It would be odd if AE WASN'T making millions. You need millions in order to sustain a company this big.
2. More staff please.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 51
6/13/2013 10:15:40   
aramcho213

You know what really irritates me?
It's that I just recently returned to ED like 2 days ago and I'm considering to start playing again but as I'm seeing more and more hate towards the game through the forums I'm reconsidering my decision.
The devs, I'm not sure if they are or not, need to read these forums daily and start to take action.
They've been sitting there to long not doing anything about these complaints i think it's time for them to address all these issues in the game and get them fixed.
I rather have one massive balance update that would take a month, then poor, sloppy, wars and other useless features implemented in the game.
Don't take this wrong anybody I'm not trying to complain about the game or anything I really want to help EpicDuel, because I'm an extremely old player i just can't stand seeing what's going on in the game now after my long retirement.
Post #: 52
6/13/2013 10:39:44   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@aram Telling them to fix the game is easier said then done. Any change, no matter how well thought out, planned or executed, will still get a negative backlash from the forum. Even giving everyone free varium would do that. There is no, and I mean NONE whatsoever, chance of them making a release that will get the majority of players to respond nicely. There are two main groups in the game. Those who care about features and those who care about balance. Some fall under both. But the point is that players who would enjoy nothing but balance changes every release wouldn't enjoy if one of those releases were all about gameplay. There will always be a feature that "needs" implemented, there will be an "OPd/UPd" build. Any time they address a complaint, it's either not good enough or it's immediately replaced by a different one. Strength BMs for example. Almost immediately after they were nerfed, CHs were the next issue. And then Focus builds or Infernal Android. There is no ideal balance between features and balance. Anything they do will be deemed bad by a good deal of the forums. The problem here is the community. Instead of seeing the past twenty or so balance releases they just got, the balance folks only see the one update for features in the past few months. They don't see the need to sacrifice some of what they want. You can't have game with great balance and no features. Why would I want to keep playing 1vs1 if there's nothing unique or cool about it? Same thing with features. Why would I want to have this uber cool war if every battle I go into gets me slaughtered?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
6/13/2013 10:46:54   
  Charfade

quote:

I rather have one massive balance update that would take a month

I think Rabble is a little hesitant to make any huge balance changes all at once that would be a so called "magic fix" that everyone is wanting. For one its impossible to have a "magic fix", the be all end all of balance changes. Its called balance for a reason... it a very tricky tipping scale that to much or too little in any direction will take the game crumbling down. Instead he's opted for tweaking things here and there, first to try out on dev to see how it plays out and if he's comfortable with the fix he will push it live. Then he waits for player data to see how its truly effecting the game. From there he has meetings with us, and the mods/testers gathering more data from players and the forums and tries more things to do. That's part of the reason why it takes so long. There is always improvements to balance, more things you can do, more things to try out. Its ultimately balance is never ending. And its always going to be a topic of discussion and debate. Which is a good thing. It shows you guys care about the game as much as we do!

MQ Epic  Post #: 54
6/13/2013 11:06:55   
Khalix

And somehow, the activity in this lovely thread caused a reaction of sorts.

You see people defending devs, and people accusing them.
But in general, the majority of the topic consists of saying "Devs don't have time" and "We need more attention". In numerous ways.

No one's going to agree to one another because they think the other side wronged them first.

This is also why these sorts of threads expand quickly.

A1: Accuse B.
B1: Counter-accuse.
A2: Support A1.
B2: Support B1.

etc. etc.

In short, this thread would last quite a few more pages before dying down due to the lack of new things to say.

---

Oh, right. To make this post legit, I require some relatively related comment.

Alright, here:

The players, mods and devs are arguing with each other, making progress even harder.
Epic  Post #: 55
6/13/2013 11:54:37   
  Charfade

quote:

And somehow, the activity in this lovely thread caused a reaction of sorts.

XD its more or less the huge stressfulness of getting content created for this weeks release is past its most stressful point! Its taken us 3 weeks to prep most of the changes and content you will see in tomorrows release.
MQ Epic  Post #: 56
6/13/2013 12:22:46   
TankMage

A lot of off-topic and generally distasteful posts have now been removed. This is a first warning to anyone wishing to post in this thread. If you cannot add to the topic at hand constructively and in a respective / appropriate manner warnings will be handed out.
AQ Epic  Post #: 57
6/13/2013 15:57:14   
toopygoo

personally i dont mind the wait as long as someone like you keeps us updated daily. just 10 or 20 minutes a day to look at our posts and tell us how the progress is coming along, what to expcet and stuff. i like surprises as long as i am reminded they are coming, so that for that Char (can i call you char? i dont really know you that well yet.. i defended you during the even last year if that gives me any rights)

< Message edited by Lycus -- 6/13/2013 16:44:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Lack of dev interaction
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition