Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 22«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2013 1:11:10   
salene

@gearzheadz ha, lol thanks! i also totally agree on what you said. although i get why everyone wants to keep it, and have it be one of those classic armors, i also believe that it has such great potential to be something bigger and better! and as for the shield, considering it is a GUARDIAN, it should have a large full body shield. and a re-vamp of the blade of course!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
7/4/2013 21:01:41   
Smog

I remember when I first got my guardianship in aq (after my dragon amulet) and the learned that I could use the armor in df and that there was a awesome training quest.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
7/4/2013 22:02:28   
shadow dragon666

I'd hope they take a note from the one thing being said about this armor here, "The Training is the best in the game."

That'd basically sum it up I believe. xD

But expanding, in truth I also agree I'm bored of this just collect 1 item doing the same quests over and over and over and over and over to get your skills. Guardian was fun all along the way of training it and the final skill was totally funny.

Only one close was Ranger for the Eagle or hawk skill..i forget which bird it was.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
7/4/2013 23:03:01   
KoibatlupeSnowager

I want a higher level Guardian Blade.
(for levels 70 and 80)
(it's one of the two weapons I use with the armor, and, despite the fact my character is not yet at level 70, I want one for when he IS.)
Beyond that, the armor is awesome.
... although if the multi hit (one attack, hits multiple enemies) could be the element of the equipped weapon rather than energy. It'd help. A LOT- it's the only downsize (in my view) from base class armors (Rogue, Mage, Warrior).

Even if we have to collect more things to make that way (charged cogs, Undead Slayer Badges, Unlucky Doom Essence... the list goes on and ON. Charged Cogs for energy, Braughlmurk Bindings for light, Shadow Bone Shards for dark, and so on)

you know, collect one per element, as yet another upgrade for it?

< Message edited by KoibatlupeSnowager -- 7/5/2013 17:16:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
7/8/2013 15:55:57   
Myra
Killing time softly

I like the Guardian armor a lot. It was the main reason I bought an AQ guardianship, because I never really got very far in that game. But I think it was totally worth it for the DF armor alone.

It looks great in my opinion, and it allows you a lot of diversity in your style because of the ability to color-customize. I have it saved as default class for one of my characters because it just looks amazing on her. :)

Skill-wise, it is not as strong as the newer classes, but it is not bad. With Guardian I usually need more time to defeat difficult enemies than I would need with a stronger class like Soulweaver, but on the other hand, as a Guardian I survive fights that many other old classes (Pirate, Ninja, Ranger) would not survive.

The skill set is quite unique because it is based on real-life luck much more than other armors. Guardian rage is a pretty powerful skill - unless it happens to use an element against which your enemy is resistant. Guardian shock is not a guaranteed stun like most other stun skills in the game - but if you get lucky you can stun an enemy for more turns than any other class.
DF MQ  Post #: 30
7/8/2013 19:10:49   
D00MS

nice class i do like how it is the only class you truly have to work to train and its skills like no other of the game the only things i wish is that it came with a healing skill
we could refight the gaurdian dragon
and it was more brutefull
i think it being a elemantal makes it perfect for any and all weapons though the lack of power it has kindda makes them a waste aganst long and powerfull quests/wars/bosses

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/9/2013 5:12:33   
Sneevillord

it is a good armor but is so unpreditable that i hardly use it
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
7/9/2013 20:56:44   
popinloopy

You ask me, the two best parts of the Guardian armor is the training, and this thread (because of all the ideas). It's not the best armor, but there is just something fun about using it. I would never use it in wars, or against a particularly difficult monster, but maybe just once or twice for old time's sake.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/9/2013 22:46:07   
shadow dragon666

Pop, that's the best part of it is using the armor against stronger people see if you can actually pull off a win or not, maybe it's your 2nd run at the quest just to it once but it's a fun challenge armor to try out, the skills aren't the best by power creep playing a role in power standards but it's still solid, would love to see a reboot of the armor with some post 9.0 buffs.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
7/10/2013 10:50:21   
Midnightsoul

Guardian should be equally as good as Dragonlord...? I'm not sure everyone will agree but it makes sense to me. I'd like to see Guardian more offensive though.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/10/2013 11:52:58   
derpking

i love guardian armor, and fighting the guardian dragon was awesome. now i wish there was a starcaptain thing, i hardly ever play mechquest anymore, so i wish i could use it in df
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
7/10/2013 22:55:15   
GearzHeadz

At least if not making it more offensive, at least make the damage of most of the skills on the right side of the tree so darn weak.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/11/2013 3:48:56   
Firos

Probably my favorite class, thematically, although without the guardian blade having up-to-date levels (And I don't think they're scythes either, which would help), it's less fun. A guardian isn't a guardian without his blade.

Could definitely use some numbers reworks though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
8/3/2013 6:09:18   
DarkDevil

what about this :
the guardian class is not made as it should be it should focus on both mele and magic power where now someone with 200 INT and a magic weapon will have all skills full powered while somone with 200 str or dex will have only half the power or nearly so i was thinking that all skills MUST be locked to type where 5 skills should be mele and 5 should be magic and the two hybrid and 2 utility skills where no skill should require a turn to use without dealing damage but will deal low damage without requirements.
on top of that the current guardian relies only on 4 skills which are guardian rage which is OP due to 1200% stat damage and 3 turns cooldown and second is guardian dragon and 3rd is the keen and last is the stun so i didn't think about changing skills but to make them more usefull.
so here is what i got so far i will be updating this post everywhile and discuss with everyone here about how it could be balanced as the values and things WILL be changed as they are just starting factors , stat damage is high on most of skills cus it will rely on two different stats so there will be consequences

Guardian Dragon
Guardian Dragon Attack

Mana Cost: 30
Cooldown: 15
Element: none
Attack Type: Pierce
Effect: summons guardian dragon doing 4 hits of none Element at 100% critical.
damage : first hit does 25% weapon damage 0% stat damage , second hit doing 50% weapon damage 0% stat damage , third hit doing 75% weapon damage and 0% stat damage , fourth doing 100% weapon damage and 0% stat damage.

comment: this hit will do 5 times your weapon damage at an increasing pattern but it will deal no stat damage at all and the mana cost makes it handy for low and high leveled and high cooldown , also none element makes it unboostable as armor doesn't have any damage boost skill.

Mana Strike
Attacks MP instead of HP

Effect: attacks dealing 100% weapon damage and 200% stat damage to the enemy MANA.

Mana Cost: 5
Cooldown: 0
Element: As weapon
Attack Type: mele

Guardian Rage Might
12 slashes

Mana Cost: 15
Cooldown: 4
Element: as weapon
Effect: 12 hits of 10% weapon damage and 50% stat damage each

comment: yes i am locking it to mele this is the first warrior skill in the class , also nerfed stat damage and increased cooldown so it will not be reliable anymore but another skill.

Weaken
Enemy does -50% for 2 turns

Effect: Attacks the selected opponent once for 100% weapon damage 100% stat damage and lowers the opponent's boost with 50% for 2 turns
Mana Cost: 30
Cooldown: 8

comment: this skill would rather be the only defensive skill on the warrior side so it will only receive basic stat damage to avoid abusing of Str on the other side it will only take effect for 2 turns while having 8 turns cooldown makes it unspamable either it will reduce your opponent damage by a turn so mana cost is also high.

Triple Attack
Available after a successful Double Attack.

Effect: Requires the last hit of a Double Attack to have connected to unlock. Does three hits of 60% weapon damage and 120% stat damage

Double Attack
Available after a successful Attack.

Effect: Requires the last hit of any attack to have connected to unlock. Does two hits of 60% weapon damage and 120% stat damage

Mana Cost: 10
Cooldown: 3

comment: if you looked at those carefully they are taken from warrior cus no warrior can fight without his double and triple strike but as you can see both are locked to mele and have different values that they are now more stat-dependant than they used to be which is to increase the power of the warrior using it yet they also increase weapon's power making it also usefull for a mage using it too.

Guardian Shield
+80 Block and parry ,25% crict for 2 turns

Effect: Sticks sword in the air and the Guardian Crest lights up in front of you, giving you +80 on Block and parry and 25% crict for 2 turns
Cooldown: 5
Element: N/A
Attack Type: N/A

comment: i added parry to it since guardian should block and parry and also added the keen effect to it , 80 block and parry will give you 50% defense and the 25% crict will only last for 2 turns actually nerfing it yet making it more usefull.

Attack

Effect: Runs towards the enemy and hits it once for 100% weapon damage and 150% stat damage

Mana Cost: 0
Attack Type: As weapon

comment: not sure about making its stat damage to 200% but as stats are spread it would make the ordinary hit weaker so this one gets it up since it only receives 1 stat boost from the weapon.

Red Shift
Cool Downs reduced by 4

Effect: Sticks sword in the air, a yellow aura appears reducing All your Cooldowns by 4
Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 14
Element: N/A
Attack Type: N/A

comment: yep increased its effect by a turn cus it takes alot of mana.

Guardian Blast
Guardian Blast of Fire

Effect: Aim hand at the enemy and shoots a flame resembling a dragonhead at the enemy doing 2 hits of 40% weapon damage and 100% stat damage each also applying a dot of 100% weapon damage and 300% of stat damage over 3 turns.

Mana Cost: 20
Cooldown: 10
Element: fire
Attack Type: Magic

comment:yep i added the burn on this one and made it do normal weapon damage it will do 180% weapon damage for somone with no INT while doing 400% stat damage for somone with int and cooldown increased to prevent spam

Multi Attack
Hits all enemies with Energy wave

Effect: Sticks hand in front of the enemy and launches an energy wave at each enemy, doing 100% weapon damage and 200% stat damage on each hit

Mana Cost: 10
Cooldown: 2
Attack Type: Magic

comment: multi hit double stat damage for int relying , uses weapon element to makes it more usefull.

Guardian Heroes
Summon the ghosts of fallen guardians

Effect: Run towards the enemy and sticks hand in front of the selected opponent. A small group of Guardian ghosts appears and storms through the opponent, dealing 1 hit of 150% weapon damage and 400% stat damage to the opponent.

Mana Cost: 25
Cooldown: 4
Element: Darkness
Attack Type: magic

comment: a skill for mages to spam contains high stat damage for int relying but costs alot of mana which soo much stats won't hold.

Light Strike
blinds target with a light ray

Effect: Charges short, weapon lights up and then shoot a light beam at the selected opponent for 120% weapon damage and 240% stat damage and applies a -30% bonus to enemy for 3 turns.

Mana Cost: 20
Element: Light

comment: i added the distract on this one and increased stat damage but also locked it to magic so it won't be that usefull without INT.

Guardian AWE
Guardian's AWE stuns for 2 turns

Effect: attacks enemy (prefered a big light blast) dealing 100% weapon damage and 200% stat damage and, if it hits, applies Stun to the enemy for 2 turns

comment: 2 turns stun and 10 turns cooldown double stat damage to balance the defenses of both warrior and mage.

Guardian Ultimate Strike
Unleash the Ultimate power

Effect: this will be a totally new skill you charge at enemy slashing it with the sword then with the other hand blasting the opponent.
its damage should be 140% weapon damage and 350% stat damage on each hit while one will be mele other is magic.

Mana Cost: 60
Cooldown: 15
Attack Type: mele , magic.

comment: this will be the ultimate guardian skill what makes it so is that it uses both STR and INT in the same attack which means it is not as strong as it looks unless somone could reach 216 INT and STR it will just be another skill that deals moderate damage and also it has a very high mana cost making it unspamable it will be dealing heavily 900 damage assuming both hits crict and you got 216 INT and STR with 80 dpt weapon and it will cost 60 mana so it isn't really that strong.
but i am not sure about its balance its good for early and late but too costy.
please when you are making it don't use the player's weapon but instead make him summon keen in his hand and attack with it so it will seem more of a guardian.

i know the values and stuff might be unbalanced so post your oppinions on how to make it balanced.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 8/9/2013 12:57:17 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
8/3/2013 18:09:08   
D00MS

quote:

Guardian should be equally as good as Dragonlord...?
here take me shield *offers dumb DL shield*
quote:

now i wish there was a starcaptain thing, i hardly ever play mechquest anymore, so i wish i could use it in df
agreed but i woouldnt hold me breath on getting it

also i think the guardian should have all there base weapons in shop
i think they need a full and normal helm both cc
and the swords deffently needs a buff (inless th show and hide feature get bfinished and removed from the S.O.O.N list)

< Message edited by D00MS -- 8/3/2013 18:10:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/3/2013 18:45:14   
DarkLore

^...We've had the feature for long time! DA holders can only show and hide they're gear though. LOL!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/3/2013 19:15:15   
D00MS

^ i know but its not finihed
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/3/2013 19:24:52   
DarkLore

How so?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/3/2013 20:24:50   
D00MS

@^ the save feature has been on sitting on the S.O.O.N lilst since its relased wich i have said a couple posts back but this is not the place to talk about a feature so if you want to talk to me further on this send me a pm
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/3/2013 20:54:24   
lightriftwalker122

The class is OK I think the DMG needs to be higher.
Post #: 45
8/4/2013 1:54:55   
Dragon soul

I would love to be able to replay the Guardian Dragon. The Guardian class was the funnest to train and I think that all armors should be done similarly. The Guardian class needs to be made a little bit stronger but besides that I love it. Also I would love to have a DragonLord Vs. Guardian war, but that would be unlikely to happen because of both forces being forces of good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/4/2013 2:50:23   
salene

@above wow, i cant believe we were still doing this guardian thread one! yay, i love this thread! ok yes, a guardian vs. DL war would be awesome, except maybe, there pride gets them into the war. yes it needs a rebuff, but that aside, this class is one of the most random classes ever... and i love it!! in some battles i KO the enemy in seconds, while on others it takes so long to kill the weakest of enemies. but, yes it needs a buff
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
8/4/2013 2:53:25   
Flamehead 12

I would like to see things be exclusive to one who is *wearing the armor (not just owns it) like you cant get past guards without it on. or open shops, etc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/9/2013 7:21:55   
DarkDevil

well i would say brining like guardian helm and to renew the guardian blade would be considered something exclusive to who wears the armor.

also does the revamp of the ranger means that the revamp of guardian is going nearer or like not in the next 2 years.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 8/9/2013 9:58:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
8/9/2013 12:37:50   
Axumeus

I must insist that the stun be renamed in honor of the Awe equipment. Even though the real blade of awe is locked away in DF, the mechanics of the Guardian stun attack and the FSB (full set bonus) of the awe equipment in AQClassic are too similar to leave out of the revamp.

No more running, here we make a stand!
Against the odds we will fight!
Be the champion, be the one!
A FIERCE DEFENDER TIL' ITS DONE!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 22«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition