Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Absurdly High Prices for Less Than Stellar Items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Absurdly High Prices for Less Than Stellar Items
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2013 4:19:53   
deoxy30

The class changing part is reasonable. But a bike which you will only use in moving faster.. Isn't. If you guys say bikes should be 25k, it should be 15k imo.
Epic  Post #: 26
7/6/2013 4:24:44   
SKRALL213

To me I think the cost of a Bike should depend on its look, and 20k seems like a reasonable price and to add, its faster I will say about 75% of players (like me) use the map to get around and not walk/ride around to get to a location so yeah 20K seems fair for the bikes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/6/2013 4:27:00   
Silver Sky Magician

High credit prices are the primary method currently to retain varium value, so no, I don't encourage prices to be lowered, particularly since most of these items are optional, and since it is easier than ever before to earn credits. I do think, however, that the devs should keep an eye out for inflation. That was what led to the varium debacle back then, and it could play havoc with credits now.
Post #: 28
7/6/2013 8:13:12   
Q...Q

If you want a Porshe pay 50k.
If you want a Honda pay 20k.
If you want a Audi R8 pay 100k
If you want a Bentley pay 250k.

You get my point?
DF Epic  Post #: 29
7/6/2013 8:17:37   
Ranloth
Banned

I've already had this covered a month ago: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21307756

Seems like threads are getting repeated over and over again.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
7/6/2013 8:23:08   
Jekyll

quote:

If you want a Porshe pay 50k.
If you want a Honda pay 20k.
If you want a Audi R8 pay 100k
If you want a Bentley pay 250k.

You get my point?

Doesn't apply here, unfortunately. In real life, the different CC of those vehicles and the various specs all contribute to the higher prices. Some vehicles are manufactured with greater care, and have features which are better polished.

In-game, it isn't Need For Speed or any other racing game - there is no top speed, acceleration, handling, drivetrain, tire grip, etc. There is essentially NO difference between bikes, except for cosmetics. Therein lies the whole problem... why should we pay for looks when functionality is all that matters?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/6/2013 8:23:31   
Q...Q

@Trans

One day you will know that repeating is a pain but very usefull.
DF Epic  Post #: 32
7/6/2013 8:41:54   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Locking this thread for a variety of reasons which are listed below:

quote:

• No Duplicate Topics
    If you have a topic in mind, please search the forum to see if someone had it first. If there is already a thread about your topic, please read it first to see if it covers your discussion. Posting a new thread about a topic already being discussed creates spam and only decreases the quality of discussion in each thread.

• quote:

• No Spam/Whining Threads
    Please do not post in a thread unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. Do not post off-topic chatter, do not role play, and please make your post simple and easy to read by avoiding things like oversized font, unnecessary colors or all caps. In addition to refraining from spam, please refrain from creating threads with the sole purpose of complaining about things in the game, such as lag. Well-reasoned discussions will be permitted, as always, but threads that exist purely to complain and whine will not be allowed, as these threads are prime targets for flaming and trolling.

• quote:

• No "Financial" Discussions
    Artix Entertainment appreciates every player, no matter how much he or she has spent on the game. Demeaning players because they have not upgraded, or vice versa, will not be permitted in any form. Since such discussions tend to devolve into flaming, we will no longer permit users to create threads about any sort of financial status. That means no Varium vs Non-Varium threads, no Free Player vs Paying Player threads, no threads about the unfairness of Varium prices, and so on. Anything related to finances will not be allowed. If you are unsure if the topic would be acceptable or not, ask the head moderator for permission before creating it.

• quote:

Remember that all posts in these forums must provide constructive criticism. To help you with this, follow the advice below. Remember, this rule applies to ALL forums in the AEF, not just ours!

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.

• Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"

• ALL of these can be found in the =ED= EpicDuel Discussion Forum Rules .

I advise everyone to read it. When finished reading it, re-read it. Make certain that you understand it. Then post in this forum accordingly. If you feel that you cannot post according to the rules, then I suggest to avoid posting altogether until such a time that you feel that you can.
    This advice will help prevent unwanted consequences.

As such, thread locked!

AQ DF  Post #: 33
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Absurdly High Prices for Less Than Stellar Items
    Page 2 of 2<12
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition