Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/13/2013 14:55:04   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Fire Series & Contest Characters

Posted on July 17th, 2013 by Nulgath

Game Update v0.8.14
Four New Character! 2 Fire Characters & 2 Contest Winner Characters

• Evil Jim (SG)
  • Infernal Fiend
  • Necrosis Dezgardo (Contest Winner)
  • Aqueous (Contest Winner)

The Fire Card Series Deck! 2 New Cards:

• Fire Whirl - Deals 400 Damage every turn for 4 turns
  • Meteor - Deals 1,500 Normal Damage

Card Change:

• Incinerate's mana cost increased by 2

3 New Spell Animation Effects For:

• Inferno
  • Meteorite
  • Fire Whirl

Warlic Bug Fixes:
    1)Fixed a bug that caused negative numbers in the Customizable Card Screen.
    2)Fixed an issue that could have caused a blank CC screen for some players.
    3) Resized some popups for battle and Levelups

• Discussing unreleased content that the game devs have already posted some sort of info on is alright. ~Balu

First of all, I'm going to remind everybody posting in this thread of the =OS= Game Content and Forum Rules , which states:

quote:

Since this game is being directed at a more mature player base there will be things mentioned or shown in Oversoul itself or on the Oversoul Wiki that are not appropriate for the forums. As the various things that are shown or mentioned in Oversoul or on Oversoul's Wiki may be appropriate for the game that does not make it appropriate for the forums so please keep the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules in mind when posting. If you are unsure whether what you want to post is in line with the Forum's Rules please PM an Archknight or Moderator in AE Staff and Staff Assistants List for clarification.

The rules for this forum are simple. They are easy to understand and they are easy to follow. As has been stated before - that even though the game is intended for a more mature audience, the forums are still PG in order to stay family-friendly.

If players want to keep focussing on spamming, purposely breaking the rules and complaining about the rules, they will face the consequences of their actions. You have been forewarned enough times to know better. The immature reactions to the rules stops now.
    The choice is yours.
    ~M4B

Any and every mention of methods and programs that grant users unfair advantages over each other, such as finding a way to get 100% possession or encounter rate, stops now. This is bug abuse and cheating, both of which are not allowed as said in the Universal Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. Every post after this will deleted on sight and the poster warned, with possible other unwanted consequences to their forum accounts.

~Mritha

The AE forums are a place of civility and respect, therefore you are expected to post in the same manner. A few things for you to remember.

1) If someone is posting against the rules, and you realise it, do these three things: Ignore it. Report it. Carry on. Do NOT respond to rule breakers. That is the Forum Staff's job.

2) Just because it is in-game doesn't mean it is allowed here. Know the rules of the AE forums. There are things that are not allowed given our forum rating of PG. Know it and avoid getting yourself in trouble.

3) If you insist on talking about accomplishments that others have yet to conquer, do so in a manner that is polite. Do not rub it in people's faces, do not taunt or tease, and do not throw out tidbits in the name of helping, that only frustrate others and cause them to be upset. Genuinely help, or refrain from posting.

4) Do not correct people's typos and posting mistakes in any form regarding grammar. That is a form of trolling and spam. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and should be left alone.

Eukara Vox
    AE Forum Administration

I'm being very serious when I say that ANYONE who makes a spammy or off-topic post from hereon in will receive a warning, no further warnings will be issued in the Beta Release threads. I suggest you all take some time to read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules as it appears the rules have been neglected. There will be no negotiating these terms, anyone found to violate the previously issued topic warnings WILL receive an Official Warning.

James Lu
    ArchKnight Oversoul

Any discussion of manipulating the game mechanics to your advantage needs to be stopped. It can and will lead to punishments in-game, especially if you're abusing glitches to do so. Any more posts I see will be deleted and Warnings will be sent.
    ~Mallet
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    7/13/2013 15:06:53   
    necro rouge

@synner, the thread before
    Burn does 900 damage for 3 energy, that is 3x cost efficiency. my current setup for fire is 4 burns and 1 fire whirl. destroys everything.
    AQW  Post #: 2
    7/13/2013 15:15:45   
    Hakunin

@TheSage
    Fire Element had only ONE card of its own (plus Burn), the rest of the decks were just 500 dmg cards. No variations, no strategy, not anything. It wasn't/isn't a proper element with distinct characters, adaptable strategies, just head-first plain casting the same card over and over and over.

The complaints for the tournament has ONE issue: Fire being TEH fast element, independently from any other factor that is/was the only way going for as-many-battle-per-given-time.

-----

On Evil Jim:
    the guy for MQ seems to be designed in 2008.
    No idea how he got resurrected (or how later became zombie), but if you just look the OS-version w/o pre-knowledge of MQ-version, and keep in mind the tendency of WoW-particles appearing in OS, it is a very reasonable guess the two characters had the same origin - and L90ETC is around at least since 2007, being former.

-----

On characters being "equally good, just depending on strategy" according to you:
    tell me a strategy for Light Fairy please then.

Some characters are evidently stronger then others, some are perfectly fit to adjust by CC even in multiply ways (big bow to my first opponent in the Ice Tournament) to make better then the plain chars, but some are evidently weaker, and even CC (if you manage to get the cards) can't help them.

--------

@synner
    Regular Burn does 600 dmg,
    CC Burn does 936 dmg.
    Duration is the same.

CC Burn is simply overpowered compared to Regular Burn, especially considering any of the CC version cards, which simply gain deca-values, not ever turn hundreds of extra damage! This version has more then 1,5 multiplier!!!
    AQ  Post #: 3
    7/13/2013 15:20:30   
    Mondez

@Dark
    Eh, Archlich's 3 hit was better than the 5 hit since the combo Shoopdawhoops the enemy while the 3 hit summons a skeleton archer to deal the damage.

Today I'm maxing out my temp boosts plus I have the 20 perma boosts so leveling Necrosis to 20 in time for the next forum tourney will be a breeze. Anyways I'm finally putting Abberant in my soul treasure chest since he is no longer my main.

@Hakunin
    Fire has some sort of strategy, but right now I feel it's more like they have a higher advantage in damage. I can't explain a strategy with Light Fairy, but I can be sure there is someone in the OS world that can use Light Fairy like a boss.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 7/13/2013 15:23:41 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    7/13/2013 15:41:19   
    Vagaran

Lightfairy:
    Shield - Heal - Use 200 dmg card (If you got Might it's worth sacrificing one of your 100 dmg cards/Piercing cards/another 200 dmg card)

Lightfairy is quite simple to use but really hard to get the best out of.

Even with CC the Light Fairy is rather weak althogh if use some CC cards you could with with:
    Shield - Shield - Heal - Shield - Dmg. It will take forever to kill your opponents but it wll also take forever for the enemy to kill you.

AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 5
    7/13/2013 15:45:11   
    kise2

Resistances and stuff will hopefully balance everything out, remember guys were in beta. Oh yeah congratz on your new main Mondez.

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    7/13/2013 15:57:20   
    TheSage

quote:

Fire Element had only ONE card of its own (plus Burn), the rest of the decks were just 500 dmg cards. No variations, no strategy, not anything. It wasn't/isn't a proper element with distinct characters, adaptable strategies, just head-first plain casting the same card over and over and over.

The complaints for the tournament has ONE issue: Fire being TEH fast element, independently from any other factor that is/was the only way going for as-many-battle-per-given-time.

Fire was the first of its kind to have a pierce card that did more then 100 damage, the first to get a card that did 1k damage, and the point of fire is to hit hard. What ever element you use, they all use the same cards over and over, (shield/shatter for ice, poison/MoD for shadow, heal/retribution for light, HoT/power flow for water, iron hide/death flow for neutral, need i go on?)

quote:

On Evil Jim:
    No idea how he got resurrected (or how later became zombie), but if you just look the OS-version w/o pre-knowledge of MQ-version, and keep in mind the tendency of WoW-particles appearing in OS, it is a very reasonable guess the two characters had the same origin - and L90ETC is around at least since 2007, being former.

Ok first of all you are comparing Jim to a real band that did songs for Warcraft NOT WoW (the band debuted in 2003 with their first song, "Power of the Horde", which was featured in the credits of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne)
    Second the band you see in WoW is a tribute to the real band.
    Third i have no idea where you are getting these "WoW-particles"

quote:

On characters being "equally good, just depending on strategy" according to you:
    tell me a strategy for Light Fairy please then.

Some characters are evidently stronger then others, some are perfectly fit to adjust by CC even in multiply ways (big bow to my first opponent in the Ice Tournament) to make better then the plain chars, but some are evidently weaker, and even CC (if you manage to get the cards) can't help them.

Give Light Fairy 2 Retributions, 2 Penance, and a Blessed Strike, charge to 4 mana per turn and go full offensive with a little healing when needed.

quote:

@synner
    Regular Burn does 600 dmg,
    CC Burn does 936 dmg.
    Duration is the same.

CC Burn is simply overpowered compared to Regular Burn, especially considering any of the CC version cards, which simply gain deca-values, not ever turn hundreds of extra damage! This version has more then 1,5 multiplier!!!

I had said already that the CC version of Burn got the wrong damage value and will be fixed Monday/Tuesday when Warlic can get to it.

< Message edited by TheSage -- 7/13/2013 16:19:15 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    7/13/2013 16:15:06   
    Asuka
    AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

On Evil Jim:

WoW doesn't own the idea of instrumental weapons....xP
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    7/13/2013 16:27:31   
    bei4

my today's stats are getting my first char to 20 (burn mage) got infernal fiend and trained him to lvl 10.
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    7/13/2013 16:30:47   
    The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Give Light Fairy 2 Retributions, 2 Penance, and a Blessed Strike, charge to 4 mana per turn and go full offensive with a little healing when needed.

This's a good attempt to make the best of a bad situation, but it's not exactly going to take out powered up Frost Queens. Oh, and what do you know about Immolate? x)
    Also, Incinerate says in its description that it works on spells but it doesn't in practice. I assume that's more a description problem than anything, but just wanted to verify.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/13/2013 16:39:42 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
    7/13/2013 16:40:13   
    TheSage

Immolate does not exist, other then card art, it is not an actual functioning card. Incinerate was never meant to work on spells.

< Message edited by TheSage -- 7/13/2013 16:41:19 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    7/13/2013 16:40:54   
    DarkLore

quote:

Eh, Archlich's 3 hit was better than the 5 hit since the combo Shoopdawhoops the enemy while the 3 hit summons a skeleton archer to deal the damage.

Whoops! Forgot the Arch Lich summoned the undead archer on the 3-hit combo. Not the 5-hit combo.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
    7/13/2013 16:41:44   
    The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Immolate does not exist, other then card art, it is not an actual functioning card. Incinerate was never meant to work on spells.

Okay thank you that's good to know!

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/13/2013 16:42:11 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
    7/13/2013 16:48:24   
    bei4

talking with clinton and a couple of guys and i defeated clinton lvl 20 burn mage vs 18 love weaver.

and i lost with my monk against aqueous to much healing shielding and power flowing O__O.
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    7/13/2013 17:03:22   
    clintonian

@bei heh i'll get ya next time
    Post #: 15
    7/13/2013 17:08:35   
    bei4

@clinton maybe i won without cc do you wanna know what happends when i got it xD.

< Message edited by bei4 -- 7/13/2013 17:19:06 >
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    7/13/2013 17:38:53   
    Hakunin

lvl 20 Max Storm
    AQ  Post #: 17
    7/13/2013 17:41:40   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Very nice grats!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    7/13/2013 17:58:27   
    clintonian

@hakunin dang you must really love max to get it to 20
    Post #: 19
    7/13/2013 18:50:46   
    Jmagician

Has WetEye gone rare? I have never spent so much time looking for any one character. Not even for Cosoma and I have found WetEye occasionally before.

@below: Just making sure. I might have been really lucky before as I seen it like 1 in 10 battles.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 7/13/2013 19:04:26 >
    AQW  Post #: 20
    7/13/2013 19:00:56   
    Vagaran

I'm pretty sure WetEye was a really low encounter rate since it's release.
    AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 21
    7/13/2013 19:53:56   
    Cyber doom5

YES INFERNAL FIEND IS MINE

now to shred some souls!

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
    7/13/2013 19:55:15   
    Redingard

Hail, Fellow Fiends! Just realized how fun a character is when you stay away from it for a whole month. Founder Champion also managed to nab me an Infernal Fiend on the first encounter with no SG. Yay! :D

Guess it's time to hunt for Water Elemental, get enough money, and buy Aqueous.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
    7/13/2013 19:58:03   
    Andlu

I've been pretty busy with everything >.< But I'm back. Going now to get Mondez character :D

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
    7/13/2013 20:02:57   
    Cyber doom5

@redingard
    i know how you feel i did the same thing with ogre trapper and blew through everything adn got infernal on my 5th encounter no sg
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 128 - READ THE FIRST POST
    Page 1 of 3012345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition