Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XI (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XI (Read the first post)
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2013 3:07:51   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Have a question about OverSoul? This is the place to ask!

Please remember that OverSoul is still in development and much info concerning future plans hasn't been released. Some questions may lack adequate answers.
Don't forget to regularly check the OverSoul Homepage as well as Nulgath's Twitter and TwitPic for updates on OverSoul!

quote:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is OverSoul?
A: Oversoul is a card based PVP MMO role-playing action game with solo PvE game mechanics to develop your characters.

Q: Are there pets? Can you customize weapons? Are there different classes?
A: There will be characters that use pets but not in the way you think. Each character in Oversoul is a unique character that you possess. So each character is uniquely self contained. ( Like possessing Artix as a character for example. ) There will be some customization available through the Leveling Tree. But those customizations will be unique to every single character. None will be exactly the same. This means one character might be able to change their class, weapon, elemental standing, armor or even species. It's all unique to the character you possess though.

Q: What is a Beta test phase?
A: Testing phases are different time periods where we are testing a game before it is released. It also helps us squash those nasty bugs that can prevent players from enjoying the game to its fullest potential and gives us a chance to add a bunch of cool stuff in the game!

Q: What if I already have an Artix Master Account but cannot access it to log in?
A: You will need to go to our Help/Support Pages for Master Accounts.

Q: How does this game fit in the AE Universe?
A: It is the same Universe but a much darker version geared toward an older audience.

Q: Can I have the same character name as my Artix Master Account name?
A: We strongly advise against that. You want your Artix Master Account to be as secure as possible because if you lose access to your Artix Master Account, you also lose access to any linked game accounts such as EpicDuel and HeroSmash.

Q: How many characters can I currently possess?
A: Currently all that are still available. There is no limit to how many characters you can possess, this may or may not change in the future.

Q: What are they and where can I encounter them?
A: The Official OverSoul Wiki has the answers. Click here.

Q: What do the characters evolve in to?
A: The Official OverSoul Wiki has the answers. Click here.

Q: Do I have to buy the larger packages to get the characters or can I buy the smaller packages and eventually get the characters?
A: You can buy several smaller packages and receive the characters that way.

Q: Why do some players have coloured names and titles?
A: Certain players have coloured names as a token of appreciation for their contribution to the game. Founders have blue names, Testers have Orange names, Developers have Green names and in-game moderators have Gold (?) names. All other players have white names.

Common acronyms that are used in this forum are as follows:
AP - Alpha Pirate
BD - Black Dragon
CC - Card Customization
DD - Darkon Drago
EF - Earth Fairy
FC - Founder Champion
FK - Founder Knight
FQ - Frost Queen
FoV - Fiend of Vergil
FT - Father Time
GQ - Grand Quest
HHM - Headless Horseman
PD - Poison Drake
PL - Pumpkin Lord
PW - Pyre Witch
VK - Void Knight
VL - Vampire Lord
VR - Void Reaper
WB - Witchblade

PvP - Player versus Player
PvE - Player versus environment

ST - Stress tester

Thanks to Therril Oreb for this topic idea and Nightly for the acronym idea.
Thanks to Char for acronym additions.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 7/15/2013 18:14:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/15/2013 17:17:50   
hijinks

Hmm I only have 15k left, should I risk it on Fire CCs?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/15/2013 18:02:17   
DarkLore

Given how tedious getting even 15K without X-boosts is and the high unpredictability of getting good cards seems to be, maybe investing in an expensive gold priced character might be a better option. Its really up to you though. You get more bang for your buck by getting one of those grotto shop characters or even Orc Chieftain/Ogre Mage. Dark Incarnate is a also pretty good for a veteran from what I've read.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/15/2013 18:03:10   
Char

It depends on how fast you gain gold, if you have a lot of boosts and are a fast farmer... Go for it! Fire CC is great, it will make your Fire character much stronger.

If it takes you a while to gain gold, you should save your gold.

Anyway I would recommend you save your gold for a stronger character. :D

Edit: I's been Samurai'd :)

< Message edited by Char -- 7/15/2013 18:05:47 >
Post #: 4
7/15/2013 19:23:12   
DarkLore

LOL! By your master! That's irony! Anwway... I have a question of my own. How good are Orc Chieftain and Ogre Mage by comparison? If you were to compare them, which would be better to aim for getting first?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/15/2013 19:51:08   
The Jop

Orc Chieftain is a powerful neutral legendary; Ogre Mage is more of just a novelty for letting you play as the old model of Klunk with some silly animations.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/15/2013 22:16:16   
Jmagician

Agreed with The Jop. Orc Chieftain is priced for its power and status as a free Legendary character. Ogre Mage is priced for its strong nostalgia and status as a "staff character".
AQW  Post #: 7
7/16/2013 0:38:58   
inshal1000

Anyone know anything about the encounter/possession rate for The Infernal Fiend?
MQ AQW  Post #: 8
7/16/2013 0:56:02   
Axel459
The Void Calls

It would say he has a average possession/encounter rate (at least in my experience) took me around 7 encounters to finally catch him
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/16/2013 0:56:16   
Hakunin

Infernal Fiend's
- encounter rate: 1:50
- possession rate: regular (1:10)

< Message edited by Hakunin -- 7/16/2013 0:57:47 >
AQ  Post #: 10
7/16/2013 17:57:46   
Lord Omni

The X-Boosts (In this case, the lifetime version) apparently stacks to twenty and all of them have an effect. Does this mean that I could buy twenty X-Boosts and gain +200% xp and gold each battle on top of my normal xp?

< Message edited by Lord Omni -- 7/16/2013 18:00:21 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
7/16/2013 18:00:41   
dragonfire1423

I can't seem to find it in the wiki yet, due to it being new, but where IS Infernal Fiend?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/16/2013 18:00:51   
Char

@Lord Omni: That is correct. Look at the X-Boost Page for more details.

@Dragon: The Infernal Fiend is in the Nightmare Dungeon

And maybe you aren't using the Official Wiki that one is updated more often and has more staff.

Hope this helped! :)

~Raschar

< Message edited by Char -- 7/16/2013 18:07:01 >
Post #: 13
7/16/2013 18:02:46   
Lord Omni

@dragonfire1423: Oblivions Nightmare Dungeon.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 14
7/16/2013 18:04:09   
dragonfire1423

Thanks! Imma assume Necrosis is there to.

TO FARM!

Oh yeah, that was the other question. Can you get XP from PvP battles? And if so, is it better to farm there, or in PvE?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
7/16/2013 18:09:20   
Char

@Dragonfire: If you defeat a high level person, you get more XP. The Lower the level, the less XP :D

Also, no, Necrosis is in the Undead Dungeon

Hope this helped :)

~Raschar

< Message edited by Char -- 7/16/2013 18:11:00 >
Post #: 16
7/16/2013 18:09:43   
GuardMouse

@Dragonfire Necrosis Dezgardo can actually be found at the Undead Dungeon in the Boss Room :P You can click the link for it's wiki page, and yes you do get XP & Gold from PvP battles but since there's a range of levels in PvP it's not advisable to farm there.
AQW  Post #: 17
7/16/2013 18:10:07   
Jmagician

@dragonfire: Yes, you get XP from PvP battles. Also, if you think you can win against higher levels at a decent rate and/or win considerably faster in PvP battles (to make up for lesser XP gained from weaker opponents) then you should farm via PvP. Otherwise, you should farm in PvE.
AQW  Post #: 18
7/16/2013 18:11:05   
TheSage

It is easier to farm for EXP using PvE due to your opponent is always the same level as you (giving more exp then against a level 1-5 in pvp)

Also Necrosis is the 1 of the bosses in the undead dungeon.

Edit : Holy Quadruple ninja, Batman!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/19/2013 2:40:36   
Sendrik

You cant create threads in this forum?
Well,thats definatly uncommon,i have never been in a forum where you cant make threads in normal forum sections as a registered user^^

But thats not why im here.
I want to know where you can download that epic BGM that plays when you are in the town.
I only found the os theme.
Post #: 20
7/19/2013 6:45:08   
DarkLore

Actually Herosmash's section also doesn't allow regular users to post currently. Due to it still being in Beta testing. When a game is fully released and not in a testing phase, players can then post their own topics. To answer your question, there hasn't been any downloadable version of that song as far as we know.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/19/2013 7:27:48   
Raiii

Hi, I think only a moderator or admin can help me with this :)

People who confirm their emails after creating accounts for OverSoul get free SGs (4), right?

Well, when I found about OverSoul earlier this year (around March or April, I think), I logged in using my Artix account which I have been using for my Epic Duel account :)

Do people with past Artix accounts really don't get free SGs upon playing OverSoul? Because I checked my email that is linked to the Artix account I've been using, and I can't find the confirmation mail

I mean, I wouldn't be upset if I did receive email and found out that, since I haven't confirmed my email, I no longer can redeem the free SGs. The problem is I never received the email :)

Any help please?

~Puncture

< Message edited by Raiii -- 7/19/2013 7:28:34 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/19/2013 11:33:35   
Char

@Puncture (Raiii): What I would do is change the email address to a other one, then confirm it and you should get your SGs. :)

Also if you can't find your confirmation emails, check your spam/junk folder.

Hope this helped! :D

Edit: Here is a quote from the November DNs

quote:

Free Soul Gems!

Greeting Public Beta Tester! Here's what's happening today in Oversoul! Already in affect, all players get 6 Soul Gems for verirfying their emails - and testers get an addition 6 Soul Gems! In order to confirm your email and receive your free Soul Gems go here: Email Confirmation

~Raschar

< Message edited by Char -- 7/19/2013 11:40:16 >
Post #: 23
7/19/2013 14:58:06   
Hakunin

Where / how could I upload the Solace Town Track in music-format what everyone is looking for?

I don't have any tool to convert it to video. Maybe someone can lead me to an ftp or something?
AQ  Post #: 24
7/19/2013 15:40:15   
TheSage

You would have to ask Klunk/Dilligaf for the music.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XI (Read the first post)
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition