Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Class Tier List (Rankings) (7/21/13)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Class Tier List (Rankings) (7/21/13)
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2013 19:44:59   
  Exploding Penguin

@Dual Thrusters: Against BH strength as a CH normally I just don't malf and rely on basic aux, gun, static, and bot attacks. I'll EMP at the start to prevent smoke, and in the end if I see I need malf for the kill in the last few turns I'll use it then follow up with my energy attacks. However, glass cannon BH still can be a pain with CH depending on other factors.
Epic  Post #: 26
7/24/2013 20:01:57   
ED Divine Darkness

well, m sort of bh tank can beat CHs. even 1ns with good promo items. it isnt hard. build a bit of health and lvl 5 emp and there in not much a CH can do. you say that matrix makes smoke weak, but doesnt energy shield make malf weak? not to mention that bh has blood lust. if they shield, my rage goes quicker. once we both burn out our energy i hav won cos of blood lust. we both hit as low as each other with energy gone, not to mention bloodlust.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/25/2013 1:39:38   
Dual Thrusters

I like to start with malf, because it kinda gets my opponent worried. If he uses a sheild, then he basically gave me a free turn to use EMP. So already it's like giving my grenade a +15 boost If he smokes me right away, I just take out half his health with my high-powered aux.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/25/2013 2:21:16   
  Exploding Penguin

@Ed Divine: CH has more purpose to invest in support than BH does, and energy shield costs a lot more energy. Also, blood lust cannot beat an identical build in damage potential that has a passive armor. The tank will hit higher than thr BH because they're...tankier and blood list becomes useless at only giving about 2 HP per attack. Just because someone's a tank doesn't mean they hit less, they just take less damage from attacks rather than recovering with each of their own attacks.
Epic  Post #: 29
7/25/2013 20:12:23   
ED Divine Darkness

well, cyber hunter is weak rght now. i they emp, i emp back. and obv i hav higher health cos they dont seem to invest into hp. i am alrdy tsnky, they sre tsnkier, i hsv better offences. so we both hit low. and rage easily gives me 9 hp back. 13 if irage infernal. so yeah, i win
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/25/2013 20:41:21   
  Exploding Penguin

@ED Divine Darkness: Kinda hard to understand what you're saying when you replace all your "a's" with "s's," but that's beside the point.

Just because someone is tankier doesn't mean they have less offensive potential. I can still invest the same amount of stat points into strength/support as you have and be tankier because of a passive armor. Since I'm tankier, all your attacks excluding rage and crits will at max heal 4 HP (normally they'll only heal 2-3), whereas my tanky passive armor will reduce on average about 5 damage per turn. Therefore, since we have equal offenses, you're at a losing point of about 2 HP per turn compared to how much damage I'm taking, excluding rage which I can use as well. Rage will give you around 7 HP back, only about 2x as much as a normal attack. Basically, because I'm tankier, blood lust does less for you. However, if you have blood lust, it doesn't weaken my tankiness at all, and we can both have the same offenses. If you have high HP you'll have less offenses or defenses, resulting in you recovering less each turn OR causing you to take more damage and have me block and deflect you more.

quote:

so yeah, i win

really?

I would be more than happy to make a video of me as a CH beating a good deal of focus tank BHs, because sometimes just saying words is harder to show what people are talking about compared to actual gameplay.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 7/25/2013 20:55:27 >
Epic  Post #: 31
7/25/2013 20:42:49   
Dual Thrusters

@Exploding

I think he means Infernal Andriod
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/25/2013 20:55:41   
ED Divine Darkness

srsly? it is kinda obv
also, i hav seen many videos where a bounty kicks a ch badly
bh is just a better class overall. smoke+ shadow arts is better than malf+shadow arts. period. blood lust is better than plasma armour. not to mention plasma armour is ignored on rage.

ok, so u say ch can tank it all. high defences= equals my quicker rages= equals more damage with higher offences= plasma armour ignored on rage= equals rage infernal android at 11 stacks( or however much u get too) on second rage=plasma armour ignored on rage, not blood lust ignored or your rage= tons of damage= tons of hp back= a bigger difference in our hp+ them having no energy= my health on 30 when i pwn them, cos they can heal cos they wasted their energy on earlier heal and matrix, aswell as a pointless emp.
did i get my point to you?

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 7/25/2013 21:01:57 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/25/2013 21:00:17   
  Exploding Penguin

Yea, I got mixed up a bit because lots of BHs and just focus builds in general use botanical hazards instead. It's also quite common for yetis with BH because of the class's high block chance.
Epic  Post #: 34
7/25/2013 21:02:46   
ED Divine Darkness

i edited my post so i would love it if u read my analysis ^^
also note that i dont normally hit them with energy, even with a energy primary. because i hav 3 other forms of phys damage as a bounty when i play bounty.

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 7/25/2013 21:03:57 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/26/2013 10:54:14   
I Underlord I

As a Bounty Hunter, I'd have to say that I am not familiar with what EDDD is talking about.

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 36
8/6/2013 23:35:50   
  Exploding Penguin

It seems like we're butting heads a lot by staying put with our logic. Best way to solve this is just to make a video, so I'll try to get that done soon.

Edit: Sorry for double-post/necropost, but for those people waiting for the video I promised I regret to inform I can no longer supply it due to internet restrictions.

As a side note, though, I will be planning on making another tier list for classes once a good deal of balance changes have been implemented. For now I might provide tier lists for other things...

Posts merge. Next time, please use the edit button, regardless how long the last post was. Wasn't necro-bumping however. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 8/7/2013 9:04:31 >
Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Class Tier List (Rankings) (7/21/13)
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition