Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Evolution is Necessary: Cyber Hunter Edition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Evolution is Necessary: Cyber Hunter Edition
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2013 5:23:17   
CivilAE

@segawoman
Lol Wow, and what exactly is static charges main weakness? Luck. Can't control that.

I only mentioned how it would be better paired with smoke just because smoke is an anti luck toward blocking which is a common issue for static, malfunction reduces deflection, static is a blockable strike that only benefits with malf if you're inflicting energy damage it doesn't improve the chances of connecting the strike overall. Nothing is being deflected from static...

< Message edited by CivilAE -- 8/4/2013 5:24:49 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
8/4/2013 5:35:07   
Segawoman

quote:

Lol Wow, and what exactly is static charges main weakness? Luck. Can't control that.

% Chance to connect.

And I'm talking about use in battle, I only told the story when Static Charge gets block to back up my statement to proving Mother1 wrong.

Uh? Irrelevant to my original suggestion.
Epic  Post #: 77
8/4/2013 5:45:44   
Anthemic
Banned

I support Sega, it should have a 2 turn cool down and i have been a cyber hunter once and i complained about my static charge getting blocked and having to wait 3 turns to use it again.
Post #: 78
8/4/2013 5:52:26   
CivilAE

@Segawoman

"Chance" translates to luck.

Right, and of course anything else I could say about statics use in battle would be subjective toward player point of view so not going to get into that.

I never directed what I said at you/your suggestion. I just stated that static was fine from my point of view, and block is the biggest influence on the skill, nothing more.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 79
8/4/2013 6:08:13   
Segawoman

quote:

I never directed what I said at you/your suggestion. I just stated that static was fine from my point of view, and block is the biggest influence on the skill, nothing more.

quote:

only told the story when Static Charge gets block to back up my statement to proving Mother1 wrong.

Epic  Post #: 80
8/4/2013 7:13:11   
Scyze

You want Static Charge to become a 2 turn cooldown Skill? No, a big no.
Static Charge is nearly like Assimilation: you're dealing damage while getting Energy back. Although Assimilation does drain the opponent's Energy, you're getting Energy. All of these Skills that give you Energy back have a 3 turn cooldown (aside from Reflexive Boost because it's a buff).

Now, I don't care if CH is weak or is boring. It's a Class and it works good in situations where other Classes might not. If you're unhappy with getting blocked, grow up and learn that it was because of luck. It's got nothing to do with the Class or any other (because CH's have Shadow Arts, it will cancel out BH's Shadow Arts and if you put it in level 10 then meh). <-Also cancels out Ninja Reflexes but it won't help much sometimes.

Static Smash is different to Static Charge in a small amount. Static Smash can be blocked like Static Charge but don't Cyber Hunters have err... erm... Shadow Arts? Shadow Arts makes it more successful in terms of connecting and this is an advantage. If you don't like Shadow Arts and think it's useless, isn't Adrenaline useless to Merc's too?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
8/4/2013 7:50:15   
Segawoman

quote:

Now, I don't care if CH is weak or is boring.

Sorry but this is balance, not for people who doesn't care about CH being weak or boring (boring?).

quote:

you're dealing damage while getting Energy back.

Now how does this come forward from the similarities of Strike other than earning low Energy back?

quote:

Static Smash is different to Static Charge in a small amount.

No.

quote:

but don't Cyber Hunters have err... erm... Shadow Arts? Shadow Arts makes it more successful in terms of connecting and this is an advantage.

Don't make me laugh. Shadow Arts increases the % of blocking attacks not connecting.

quote:

isn't Adrenaline useless to Merc's too?

It has some of it's flaws but the Support synergy that Mercenaries have is useful.

It means that it takes brains to use those little %'s precisely.
Epic  Post #: 82
8/4/2013 8:28:39   
Scyze

A lot of the things you see on that post is something I made so you could drag your attention to me. :P I don't do these that often but then I do them to see what the original person thinks. So with that, it seems like you are confident with your suggestion. So...

You don't think that SS is different to SC that much? How about if I put it this way: If you're a Strength CH, how much damage will you be doing and how much Energy will you be getting back? With SC, you're dealing damage and gaining Energy. It works the same with SS, you're removing the opponent's Energy and you're gaining Energy.

SS caps at 73% while SC caps at 37. You're dealing damage so I'd say it's reasonable to have it at a low number. If it was higher like in the past, people could just invest the stat points which would go into using Massacre to other things. Do you want to see Massacre madness again?

SC is a two turn cool down Skill right? So, when you use the SS twice and it's at level... 10 and gaining 146% of the conversion, you can be using the SC three times (111%). You go higher (use SS 5 times = 15 turns) at that time, you can use SC 7 times. SS = 365% and SC = 259. Pretty weak right?
But you've got EMP Grenade. Here's what will happen: EMP > Malfunction > SC > EMP > ... Tell me, won't that work like SS? You can use SC quite a lot of times so you have enough Energy.

Then if SC becomes a 1 turn cool down Skill... Ain't going to do the math, you know which one will have a higher percentage.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 8/4/2013 8:38:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
8/4/2013 8:40:33   
Segawoman

quote:

It works the same with SS, you're removing the opponent's Energy and you're gaining Energy.

That's not the case, Static Charge doesn't deplete your opponent's Energy without the EMP.

If you are including various skills from the CH skill tree then it would be easy for me to say that Mercenary has as well the same thing but not insignificantly.

CH synergy can be used to rush and you know how that goes. Mercenary synergy can be used to tank with it's Energy regain, Surgical Strike and yes, Adrenaline.

You might have done correct data but clearly that's not the point for again you've included one more skill from the CH skill tree but there are lots of ways to tank with Mercenary gaining time to bring back anything they wish e.g. Intimidate to reduce the opponent's Strength to buy some time to wait for Static Smash again, you see?

As I've actually witnessed right now by playing EpicDuel. Blocks can bring out certain attitudes among players but you can't control that like someone might say but you can increase the chance to connect significantly.

quote:

SC is a two turn cool down Skill right?

That's my suggestion, some people say that it should have one. It has a 3-turn cooldown. But if you used the 2-turn cooldown statement in the data then that means that Static Charge is MUCH weaker.

< Message edited by Segawoman -- 8/4/2013 8:50:11 >
Epic  Post #: 84
8/4/2013 8:50:46   
Scyze

I wrote so much after I posted the other post and deleted it all just cause I realized something. I apologize for being a bit stupid at times (probably unfair too).
I cannot get what's in my brain into this laptop and then to the Internet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
8/4/2013 8:57:51   
Segawoman

quote:

I wrote so much after I posted the other post and deleted it all just cause I realized something. I apologize for being a bit stupid at times (probably unfair too).
I cannot get what's in my brain into this laptop and then to the Internet.

I mostly forum with my mobile but the desktop brings out the best of me.
Epic  Post #: 86
8/4/2013 11:45:29   
ED Divine Darkness

i swear Static charge alrdy has 2 turn cooldown?

maybe make it 1 but nerf the % back to 30 at max.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
8/4/2013 12:00:07   
Segawoman

quote:

i swear Static charge alrdy has 2 turn cooldown?

Talk about a long extent.

Now I know why Static Charge should be buffed more in %'s and not in uses.

I've also seen one using Strength and Malfunction to get a great kick out of Static Charge he just regained 7 Energy.

That's not a lot.

Level 1: 25% Damage to Energy
Level 2: 28% Damage to Energy
Level 3: 31% Damage to Energy
Level 4: 34% Damage to Energy
Level 5: 37% Damage to Energy
Level 6: 39% Damage to Energy
Level 7: 41% Damage to Energy
Level 8: 43% Damage to Energy
Level 9: 45% Damage to Energy
Level 10: 47% Damage to Energy

Think about it, if they hit a damage of let's say 30; then they would get a number of 13 Energy back if Static Charge is maxed and that's not really that high but it still makes up for being blocked occassionally.

But this can also become over-powered in times which is why this has to have a 3-turn cooldown.

< Message edited by Segawoman -- 8/4/2013 12:15:40 >
Epic  Post #: 88
8/4/2013 12:09:40   
ED Divine Darkness

that would be ridiculously op. also consider that is gives rage please.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
8/4/2013 12:11:47   
Segawoman

quote:

that would be ridiculously op. also consider that is gives rage please.

Sorry, you posted before I edited my post earlier.

quote:

But this can also become over-powered in times which is why this has to have a 3-turn cooldown.
Epic  Post #: 90
8/4/2013 12:31:03   
ED Divine Darkness

no need for buffs, too much energy in 1 use. give it a 1 turn cooldown and nerf it by 7%. this is the best idea, because wont op it (cause they have to use it multiple times) and it wont be as dramatic with a block, because it is easier to spam.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
8/4/2013 13:10:48   
Mother1

@ segawoman

Static charge already has a 2 turn cooldown. I checked my cyber hunter account and as I posted on my compared list it has a 2 turn cooldown. don't know where you got it having a 3 turn cooldown but that info is wrong.

your suggestion with static's cooldown would overpower the move.
Epic  Post #: 92
8/4/2013 13:56:44   
Segawoman

Mother1, I know but @Anthemic made me lose the path.

My mistake but witnessing Static Charge today made me realise that they still need a buff.

No matter how they do.
Epic  Post #: 93
8/4/2013 13:59:22   
ED Divine Darkness

maybe nerf it to 25% but give it 15% defence/resistance ignore and 3% bonus chance to connect.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
8/4/2013 15:14:03   
Rayman
Banned

1 Cooldown for Static Charge ? Sorry but No, I don't think they have to touch Static Charge yet, CH Have a chance to be the most powerfull class after the passive into active update.
Why don't we wait that update 1st and then we talk about balance ?

After that update SC might still still need a buff, we can just add 5 more % and make it Ignore def.

Something that they have to buff is Shadows Arts, Its the most useless passive ever, if your oponent use unblockables its completely ignored and even if your opponent use blockable attack it only gives an extra 10% block chance at max which will not guaranty to block, and the extra stun.
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
8/4/2013 17:25:10   
Dual Thrusters

Maybe static charge could ignore 20% of defenses like maul?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
8/4/2013 18:51:41   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

1 Cooldown for Static Charge ? Sorry but No, I don't think they have to touch Static Charge yet, CH Have a chance to be the most powerfull class after the passive into active update.
Why don't we wait that update 1st and then we talk about balance ?

hes right.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
8/5/2013 11:05:02   
Dual Thrusters

Working on a replacement for Shadow Arts (as an active skill)

Preview available.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
8/5/2013 13:36:33   
lionblades

^If shadow arts is replaced for CH by your suggestion, what will happen to BH shadow arts?
Do you think it will be different from CH or the same?
AQW  Post #: 99
8/5/2013 13:42:26   
Dual Thrusters

Wow, that would be a disaster if shadow arts was a block verson of my replacement!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Evolution is Necessary: Cyber Hunter Edition
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition